Author Topic: How's Your Dating Situation Since Going Sly?  (Read 20397 times)

Offline carla

• Sly Jr.
Re: How's Your Dating Situation Since Going Sly?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 08:58:03 AM »
So I get a message from a guy on the dating site, "You must be fighting cancer.  Your hair kinda says that."  So when i replied that I was indeed not, that my baldness is by choice, he replied,  "You're a crazy a**.  Only women who are butch shave their heads. What a dou***." 

I'm still reeling from the punch in the gut.  I of course blocked him from any further contact, but maaaaaaan.  That one was rough.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 09:19:09 AM »
He's an idiot! 

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 09:30:30 AM »
Oh Carla, there is SO much fun you could have with that idiot. 

All at the other persons expense.  1) say "I have way better self esteem than you have, I feel sorry for how low you feel about yourself".

Or "Im beautiful with hair or without hair, you are ugly inside or out".

Or "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and you wont' be beholding me ever, so why do you care"

Or anything else.

WOW, I'm just speechless. RUDE!
AKA Gimpy

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 09:36:23 AM »
Or to paraphrase Winston Churchill's famous putdown:  In the morning I will have hair, but you will still be an idiot!

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 11:22:54 AM »
What a dou***." 

His last name isn't Massengill, is it?
MikeC

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 06:53:01 PM »
Carla, I wouldn't give that loser a second thought. He's definitely a closed-minded idiot!
Hang in there.

Offline carla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 06:30:14 AM »
So, so nice, you guys.  I totally appreciate your kind words and support, your positivity is the 'steak on my black eye'.     Yeah, I'm rollin' on up from hitting the ground and not gonna spend good energy on the bad.  Thanks, my buds.     

Offline baller

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 07:50:54 AM »
Carla, people acting like him are usually not happy with their life for some reason and their frustration turns into anger against others. I hardly beleive you are the first one that he is trying to provoke and hurt.

Scared and insecure dogs barks the most.

Offline carla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 06:32:52 PM »
You've nailed it, Baller.  I especially like the dog analogy! 

Offline foodfor4

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2011, 09:55:59 AM »
     Dating sights are a tricky animal, Carla. I know this from two years of experience! I was on and off two dating sights for a two year period. During that time I met and dated a few guys (most were crazy guys, and awful dates)It was not for me. My ex boyfriend who was a creep and my current boyfriend who I absolutely love I met off-line.
     Before you think I'm completely against online dating I do believe it works for some. My cousin met her girlfriend on one of the sites I used and they've been together for a year. I think it's just about finding what works for you.
     As for what that guy said, Carla, I cannot believe he had the nerve. It is clear that some men have no idea what makes a woman and he is a perfect example. If he is unable to see how beautiful you are, shaved head and all mthen he is obviously not worth your or any womans time. Perhaps he should order a custom robot fits his (incorrect) standards of womanhood to a T.  Find what works for you Carla and you will soon find the right man.     

Offline carla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 04:51:19 PM »
Thank you, FF4, for your support, encouragement and compliments.   The online dating phenomenon does work out for many but for me, it's not a good fit.  The whole idea seems contrived.  So I'll go about my happy little life and if someone comes along who would be fun to hang out with here and there, beautiful.  If not..cool, too.   

marty22

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 04:59:35 PM »
carla: u look grand as is!

Offline slybronco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2011, 10:56:48 PM »
So I get a message from a guy on the dating site, "You must be fighting cancer.  Your hair kinda says that."  So when i replied that I was indeed not, that my baldness is by choice, he replied,  "You're a crazy a**.  Only women who are butch shave their heads. What a dou***." 

I'm still reeling from the punch in the gut.  I of course blocked him from any further contact, but maaaaaaan.  That one was rough.

Personally I think you look great. I find you intriguing and determined, it was your confidence that scared him away. 

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 02:26:58 PM »
Carla, You look great. That guy is not worth it. How rude can a person be.

Hang in there.

;)

Offline carla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 08:20:36 PM »
Marty..Bronco..Joe.. Yikes, I'm blushing! Thank you for your sweet kindness.

Enter your email address: