Ghost Rider

I'll see it in the theater
8 (42.1%)
I'll wait for DVD
10 (52.6%)
I'll pass
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Ghost Rider - the movie  (Read 13104 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Ghost Rider - the movie
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 04:08:11 PM »
Just saw Ghost Rider, special effects were awesome, his Ghost Rider bike spectacular.   Sam Elliot does a great job too.  Sly guys in it were the criminals of course.   Good part was the trailer for the new evil Spiderman coming out.  An;yone with kids is gonna love it.

Paul, need your input..........
Both my 8 yr old daughter and 6 yr old son met their test goals and I promised them that I'd take them to see Ghost Rider. Looking on Fandango's website, the RG-13 rating for Ghost Rider said "Horror, Violence and Disturbing Images". Just curious if it's still a must see for kids? The both loved the Spiderman and Fantastic Four flicks, but I'm a little concerned about it. If they mean the flaming head as the extent of the horror shots, I'm ok.

Thanks,
Schro, the "Ordinary American" not from New York.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 04:25:49 PM »
I'm pretty conservative about what kids should watch.  Disturbing images may relate to the fact that when people encounter demons they are shriveled up and killed. I've seen the other films and they are not in the same vein as this one.  Ghost has more violence in its entirety and a great deal of volume/noise.  . There were a lot of parents there with kids much didn't see any in the 6 year old category.  There is quite a bit of humor in it which the kids seem to enjoy.  Hope this helps.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 04:31:38 PM »
Thanks Paul. It does help. I may talk to them about it first. Tell him a "sly guy" said it was a cool flick, but might have some scary things in it. Plus, I gotta remind them it's just a movie.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 05:16:52 PM »
Thanks Paul. It does help. I may talk to them about it first. Tell him a "sly guy" said it was a cool flick, but might have some scary things in it. Plus, I gotta remind them it's just a movie.

Or Schro, slip off and see it yourself first.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 05:52:49 PM »
If I had the time I would. A double dose of Eva Mendes is always a good thing  :@`. My kids had no problem with the special effects of the Pirates of the Caribbean special effects (some were pretty scary for a kid), so I think they'll be fine.

Thanks,
Your Ordinary American, Schro

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 04:20:24 PM »
OK, just got back from the theater with my 6 yr old son and 8 yr old daughter. Granted, some scenes relating to demons, devils & the underworld were a little scary for my daughter (son was saying "awesome" a lot), both kids loved it. I thought it rocked and would see it again.
Two thumbs and one bald head way, way up  O0

Eva Mendes  :@` :@` :@`. Hot damn, I love her!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 04:24:16 PM »
Glad it was ok for the kids and Eva for you.  Flick was hot and she added most of the heat
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

spaceape48

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 08:28:50 PM »
Will have to check it out- but likely not till it comes home to rent. Spiderman 3 is my next movie of choice relating to the comic books. I am interested in seeing some more about the next Fantastic 4 however. Silver Surfer was a favorite of mine as a kid.

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 08:44:46 PM »
The new Fantastic Four movie was a preview before Ghost Rider. If memory serves me, wasn't Silver Surfer a good guy ("power cosmic" and all that)? If so, I'm curious if he's being cast as a bad guy in the new Fan Four movie.

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 09:01:50 PM »
I like the incredible hulk however i did not like Gumby on steriods.... i think they should have used a real person.... a big wrestler or body builder like ronnie coleman.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2007, 03:43:53 AM »
The new Fantastic Four movie was a preview before Ghost Rider. If memory serves me, wasn't Silver Surfer a good guy ("power cosmic" and all that)? If so, I'm curious if he's being cast as a bad guy in the new Fan Four movie.

Yeah the Surfer was a good guy at heart, if I remember he sacrifices himself for his homeworld or something like that.  Was interested by this portrayal as well and plan to see this FF movie too.  Been a big Marvel fan all my life.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 03:47:51 AM by Paul »

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 07:31:50 AM »
me too. Daredevil was my favorite character. I had all the issues from #1 until #190 or so (when Frank Miller was the artist). Sold them before Ebay came around. Pity...could've made much more $$.

By the way, the story in the DD movie (Ben Affleck, Jen. Garner) was very true to the comic book. Plus, it was good to see two SBG's in the flick. Michael Clarke Duncan (Kingpin) and Colin Farrell (BullsEye) were awesome, especially Farrell. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it as a rental.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 08:47:58 AM »
Not only saw it, but bought it.  Have to wonder if they will ever do a Dr. Strange film?

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2007, 08:50:20 AM »
Don't know if that one has the same comic book/merchandising appeal as Spiderman, F4, X-Men, etc. Somewhat surprised they haven't come out with an Iron Man flick.

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2007, 09:46:51 AM »
See the attached story. Looks like Marvel is considering a Captain America movie after they killed him off. It was probably Bush's fault.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070307/ap_on_en_ot/captain_america_1

Schro (just your average Ordinary American not from New York).