Ghost Rider

I'll see it in the theater
8 (42.1%)
I'll wait for DVD
10 (52.6%)
I'll pass
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Ghost Rider - the movie  (Read 13081 times)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Ghost Rider - the movie
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 10:19:52 AM »
Yo Schro, what's with the New York thing.?

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2007, 10:53:26 AM »
Nothing against the entire city, just the attitudes of certain individuals.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2007, 01:23:17 PM »
Silver Surfer was made into a herald my Galactus, the planet destroyer, he went around searching for planets for Galactus to destroy/eat.  He sacrificed himself to keep his planet safe from Galactus, later on he threw off Galactus to assist the FF to save earth from him.  I don't know if they will portray it that way in the movie.  So yeah, Silver Surfer was a co- erced bad guy turned good guy, his powers are pretty awesome.

I'm curious how they are going to do Spiderman 3, no way they could follow the comic books about where he got the black suit.

Wolverine has always been my favorite, just love the attitude.  I have #1-37 of the Wolverine comic still, 100 or so X-men, several mini-series, the very last Defender, where most died, The first 6 x-factors, where they had 6 different covers on the #1 issue, still in the original plastic.  One day I'll figure out if they are worth something.

I heard through the grapevine that an Ironman movie is in the makes, also a Wolverine move.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2007, 04:08:50 PM »
Silver Surfer was made into a herald my Galactus, the planet destroyer, he went around searching for planets for Galactus to destroy/eat.  He sacrificed himself to keep his planet safe from Galactus, later on he threw off Galactus to assist the FF to save earth from him.  I don't know if they will portray it that way in the movie.  So yeah, Silver Surfer was a co- erced bad guy turned good guy, his powers are pretty awesome.

I'm curious how they are going to do Spiderman 3, no way they could follow the comic books about where he got the black suit.

Wolverine has always been my favorite, just love the attitude.  I have #1-37 of the Wolverine comic still, 100 or so X-men, several mini-series, the very last Defender, where most died, The first 6 x-factors, where they had 6 different covers on the #1 issue, still in the original plastic.  One day I'll figure out if they are worth something.

I heard through the grapevine that an Ironman movie is in the makes, also a Wolverine move.

I'm with ya VFR, Wolverine is awesome. I would have to agree, it's gotta be the attitude. It was funny during the first X-Men when Cyclops makes the comment about blue spandex. That's hilarious, you could tell who in the theatre had not read the comic book, because they didn't get the joke.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2007, 05:08:21 PM »
I think it was "blue and yellow" spandex, and your right, not many got it.  Those were his first I believe, when he was with Alpha Flight, and right at the beginning of X-men, then he went to a two tone brown.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

spaceape48

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 05:44:22 PM »
I'm hoping the alien suit in Spiderman will bring out Venom at some point- who knows, maybe that will even be a spin-off. I heard about Wolverine being in the works! I will def be seeing that one when it comes out.

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2007, 07:53:09 PM »
Yeah, but who's going to be Venom?  Brock like out of the comic book, or someone else?  Where did the suit come from?  Original comic book, it came from another planet, that several superheros were transported to, as well as several supervillians, to have a fight to decide who was stronger, good or evil.  The story crossed several different comic issues of various superheros.

FYI, I was never a spidy fan when I was into comics, he always came off as a whiner IMO.
Rob

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2007, 03:55:39 AM »
I'm hoping the alien suit in Spiderman will bring out Venom at some point- who knows, maybe that will even be a spin-off. I heard about Wolverine being in the works! I will def be seeing that one when it comes out.

I have suspicion that the black suit will be explained as some sort of scientific research thing, or as being "found in a meteorite" or something since there's no real tie in to Spidey in space in the films. Topher Grace (That 70's show) is playing Eddie Brock, who will become Venom (http://www.filmick.co.uk/ scroll down that page to see images of Grace as Venom). .

However... this film will focus on Spidey fighting Sandman (who they have re-written to be Uncle Bens actual killer) and The Hobgoblin ( Harry Osborne, son of Green Goblin). And will cover Eddie Brock (a fellow photojournalist) as competition for Peter Parker rather than Spidey.

We'll also meet Gwen Stacey (Peters original girlfreind WAY before MJ in the comics and competition for MJ in the film), Dr. Curt Connors (the Lizardman) and John Jameson (Werewolf and son of J. Jonah)

They'll likely weave the story so that Peter fights his internal/external struggle against the symbiote costume which he will of course win (probably through his love for MJ). The Symbiote will then overtake Brock and become Venom, setting him up as the villain in the following film (yes, they are talkgin about #4).

The question I have is since they are giving us Venom... will they give us Carnage in the future too? Think of a skinnier, more psychotic Venom made out of BLOOD!

They can't possibly follow the "Black Suit" storylines from the comics as they involved the Secret Wars, which was a massive cross over involving most of the characters in Marvel Comics at the time. And as far as getting the suit off of Peter for good.. well, THAT involved the Fantastic Four and a sonic weapon from Reed Richards, so THAT'S right out.

Speaking of which,I'll be fascinated to see how they do Norrin Radd (the Silver Surfer) in the next FF film. If he's showing up, that means we'll likely see the FF take on Galactus and...

Damn.. I'm a geek.

Yay comic book movies.

P.S.

They can't kill Cap, not for real. He's an Icon. Remember back in the early 90's they killed SUPERMAN...and had to writer a way to bring him back (which turned into a long nightmare for fans). He's too strong a character in the Marvel Universe, especially after "Civil War". SO have no fear, Cap will return (early reports say he'll be dead for 1 year).

oh yeah, and Daredevil is an amazing character and it's an amazing comic. I don't remember liking the movie all that much, but I can't remember why now... I think it might have been their choices for Kingpin & Bullseye.. not sure. I'll have to watch it again.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 04:24:11 AM by Vash »
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2007, 11:10:07 AM »
IIRC, yes the FF helped get the suit off of Spidy, but didn't he get taken back over and had to use the bell tower to get it off?  Saw that in the preview, seem to remember it in the comic.

I don't remember Carnage so no idea there, Secret Wars, I couldn't remember that name.

Someone's a bigger comic geek then I am.   O0
Rob

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2007, 01:41:41 AM »
There was a period Pre-Venom where the alien symbiote suit kept escaping containment as repossessing Peter and had tobe removed over and over again. Finally it got ahold of Brock and found it's "soul mate" so to speak and the rest is history. The belltower was one of the methods used to remove the suit, after they had established that sonics worked to hurt the suit/alien.

Secret Wars was the name of the 12 issue mini-series that ran from May 1984 - April of 1985 (http://www.toymania.com/archives/secretwars/swcindex.shtml). In Issue #8 of that series Spidermans costume gets destroyed and he needs to come up with a new one. The Black suit is the result of these events and only later after he's back on Earth does Peter find out the suit is actually an alien.

I am indeed a serious comic book geek... I got on board the train as a little kid and just never really got off (implied virginal geek joke acheived).

~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2007, 04:12:23 AM »
Secret Wars was the name of the 12 issue mini-series that ran from May 1984 - April of 1985 (http://www.toymania.com/archives/secretwars/swcindex.shtml). In Issue #8 of that series Spidermans costume gets destroyed and he needs to come up with a new one. The Black suit is the result of these events and only later after he's back on Earth does Peter find out the suit is actually an alien.

Yep, knew that, I think I might have some of those issues stored away.

I got out of collecting them several years ago, but saved all mine that I can remember.  Been thinking about seeing how much they are worth.
Rob

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2007, 09:44:38 AM »
 M!55

I feel like I'm getting an executive summary on all the comic books I didn't read growing up.  I'm not sure why, but I never did get into reading comic books.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2007, 09:47:16 AM »
don't feel alone tyler. i usually just used them to draw the pictures from them.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2007, 09:53:29 AM »
M!55

I feel like I'm getting an executive summary on all the comic books I didn't read growing up.  I'm not sure why, but I never did get into reading comic books.

Never read them myself.....

I did like MAD magazine....'member that one?

Time for a new thread....stand by

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2007, 11:50:15 AM »
MAD was great. The main artist (Don Martin?) was incredible.
As far as comics go, if it wasn't for the current Marvel comic movies, I'm not so certain my son would be gaining interest in comic books. Personally, anytime I can get him to sit down & read is a good thing.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Enter your email address: