Author Topic: Wow, Sly unity is not always there  (Read 9126 times)

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
Wow, Sly unity is not always there
« on: November 12, 2007, 10:09:00 AM »
I was out on Sat. with my wife and friend at a bar, having a great time. I came across another bald guy there and said "hey, nice haircut, best one I have seen all evening".

The guy went off on me about how he hated it and how he had been ripped off by loosing his hair at 23, etc.

Seriously one of the most bitter bald guys I have ever met. I was floored.

I tried to talk to him and tell him about this site but he was just in a world of self loathing I guess.... I was really amazed at what a crappy attitude the guy had. Even some of the guys with hair were saying "dude, it loos good man, dont be so hungup on it".

I was really amazed this dude was the exact opposite of those I have met here. I really wished I could have summoned my SBG buds to the scene to assist me in my efforts to set this guys straight.   

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Wow, Sly unity is not always there
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 10:53:11 AM »
Dang, that's different. I bet you were pretty taken aback by his attitude. I know I would have been.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 10:55:59 AM »
Sounds like he has issues that go beyond his hair (or lack of it).

Way to stay above that Marz!!!  O0
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 11:42:03 AM by schro »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 10:59:53 AM »
Yeah, I was pretty amazed.

Kinda felt like I extended a hand to him even and he just slapped it away.

no biggie, I had pretty ladies talking to me and had a great time while this guys did nothing more than grumble in the corner.

Its all about attitude (or lack thereof)

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 11:04:24 AM »
Its all about attitude

Yes it is!

It does sound like this guy has some confidence issues that go beyond his hairloss.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 11:06:48 AM »
See..THAT'S what I'm talkin' about..

I always feel just having a shaved head does not make some one "sly" in my book...

They've got to believe it and carry themselves that way!

GASlick

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 12:07:35 PM »
I agree with BaldAndre....Just because you shave your head, that doesn't mean your SLY.  As you may can tell by my shadow, I am bald by choice because I wanted to present myself in an unique and constructive way.
I can honestly say that I feel better about myself since I started shaving my head.  It's bout how you carry yourself and how you treat others. 

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 12:22:02 PM »
yeah I know what you mean about the bars.  I was in one Saturday night and i had all kinds of ladies coming up to me.  But let it be known...i wasnt there to pick up ladies..im married. But this one lady come in...she is a long time friend of our family and I always called her aunt Susie....she is like an aunt to me and I hadnt seen her for like 3-4 years and when she seen me she was like..Timmy! is that you! iwas like yes aunt susie its me...and she was huggin all over me and stuff.  I got some eyeballs from people I knew..cause they knew i was married and all...and why was I lettin this lady hang all over me...and what really put the icing on the cake was when she plowed a kiss right on me.. I was like WHOAAAAAAA!  .....that came out from no where.  But i know what you mean about hte ladies and how some men are about going bald...I know this is sorta way off context....but there was a few guys in there that didnt lke the bald look....and they all have issues....thats all i can say.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 12:30:19 PM »
Good Grief Charlie Brown, that guy needs to get a life!  In my one month I've only had good experiences, especially at the airport security check with a fellow shaver who was TSA.  I was one of the "lucky" ones selected for a FULL SEARCH, and the "fellowship" of the blade made it a lot smoother--no pun intended.  Being selected for the FULL SEARCH isn't a pleasant thing, but immediately he put me at ease w/ a "Nice haircut!"  And then it was as easy as he could make it.  I didn't mention slybaldguys.com, but I should have.  He would be a great recruit.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 12:36:10 PM »
yeah I know what you mean about the bars.  I was in one Saturday night and i had all kinds of ladies coming up to me.  But let it be known...i wasnt there to pick up ladies..im married. But this one lady come in...she is a long time friend of our family and I always called her aunt Susie....she is like an aunt to me and I hadnt seen her for like 3-4 years and when she seen me she was like..Timmy! is that you! iwas like yes aunt susie its me...and she was huggin all over me and stuff.  I got some eyeballs from people I knew..cause they knew i was married and all...and why was I lettin this lady hang all over me...and what really put the icing on the cake was when she plowed a kiss right on me.. I was like WHOAAAAAAA!  .....that came out from no where.  But i know what you mean about hte ladies and how some men are about going bald...I know this is sorta way off context....but there was a few guys in there that didnt lke the bald look....and they all have issues....thats all i can say.

Yeah Timm, I am married too and my wife was at the bar as well.

I just find it strange that this dude was sooo hung up and bitter and although I am married I was having a great time meeting all types of new people and and engaging in great conversations.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 01:33:06 PM »
Good Grief Charlie Brown, that guy needs to get a life!  In my one month I've only had good experiences, especially at the airport security check with a fellow shaver who was TSA.  I was one of the "lucky" ones selected for a FULL SEARCH, and the "fellowship" of the blade made it a lot smoother--no pun intended.  Being selected for the FULL SEARCH isn't a pleasant thing, but immediately he put me at ease w/ a "Nice haircut!"  And then it was as easy as he could make it.  I didn't mention slybaldguys.com, but I should have.  He would be a great recruit.

What the hell does a "full" search entail?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 02:25:03 PM »
They take your stuff from the x-ray machine (you're not even permitted to touch it, just point) and wipe it down w/ pieces of material that then go into a "sniffer" machine, and you're given a full body pat down.  Everything is opened and searched.  Women get their own lady to do the body search.  They check ANYTHING that may be suspicious and rub down your shoes with the cloth and that goes into the sniffer too.  It slows you down about 10 minutes more than the regular x-ray of just your belongings and shoes.  The guy said I got it because I had made last minute reservations, I was going to a funeral.  Add this to a slow security line and it's serious delay.  My fellow shaver was decent, particularly after it came out I was going to a funeral. 

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 03:17:46 PM »

Saint, you didn't come through Phoenix Sky Harbor recently, did you?,
cause that's exactly what I do, bro!, and I just had the same thing with two passengers who happened to be getting additional screening and were also shaved.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 03:23:56 PM »

Saint, you didn't come through Phoenix Sky Harbor recently, did you?,
cause that's exactly what I do, bro!, and I just had the same thing with two passengers who happened to be getting additional screening and were also shaved.
No, I was getting on at New Orleans going to Reno.  Once he explained and worked us through it was fine, it's just a little disconcerting when they ask you to point out your stuff and the next thing is "Don't touch it!"  Just after that was when my shaved brother stepped up to the plate and "smoothed" the waters.  We got it again coming back, but after one trip through the "extra service" we were "old hands."  Usually we don't travel without getting the tickets at least two weeks in advance, after much internet searching.  It could have been worse--what if we'd asked for one way and tried to pay cash--I guess that's body cavity searching time!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 03:26:02 PM »
LOL...Oh yeah, one way and paid by cash. That is the jackpot.