Author Topic: What R your plans 4 THANKSGIVING?  (Read 11416 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
What R your plans 4 THANKSGIVING?
« on: November 01, 2007, 03:28:03 AM »
hello fellow chrome domes.... wow... can U believe it ....it is november 1st... u know that thanksgiving is around the corner.  so.... what  R  your plans 4 thanksgiving?  me??.... me & the wifey will  b  going out of town & visiting her side of the family.  can't wait...it will  b  good 2 get out of town.   O0

so....how 'bout u?  what will  u  b  doing?  oh...btw.... this will  b  my 1st thanksgiving as a sly guy.  this year (2007) is a 1st 4 a lot of things.   O0

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Rulon

• Sly Jr.
    • myspace
Re: What R your plans 4 THANKSGIVING?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 03:40:49 AM »
I will be heading down to Bahia De Los Angeles in Mexico  O0 most of my family will be going down also. Last two years we having been going to this spot for thanksgiving and have a great time every year. This year will be a little different since we will be driving back to San Diego the day before thanksgiving to spend it with other family that wasn't able to make it down to Mexico this year. This will also be my first year as Sly and the first time most of my family will see me Sly  8)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 03:43:05 AM »
This will also be my first year as Sly and the first time most of my family will see me Sly  8)
hey rulon... that's kool.  keep us posted on your family's reactions. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 06:16:06 AM »
As Team Schro has been keeping a pretty hectic pace these past few months, we're probably going to lay low at home. Depending on snow levels, we may head up to Lake Tahoe for a couple of days too. There is a chance I might be out of town the following week. If that happens, I might fly out Sunday morning to visit an aunt & uncle in Los Angeles before I have my Monday appointment.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 07:20:34 AM »
Don't do Thanksgiving here - but y'all have a good one  O0

(might check out a Halloween party though)
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 07:37:45 AM »
Will be going to San Francisco for  5 days. Thanksgiving at the Palace Hotel, Garden Court restaurant is great. Just seeing that room is a must for anyone who visits the area.
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 08:21:26 AM »
We will probably end up at my parents house....as always.  LOL I make that sound like its not a good time. We have fun there...but I would like to do somethign different. My mom would be upset if we didnt go there.  Its a tradition.  Up until about 10 years ago we use to all meet at a banquet hall that my moms side of the family would all be there.  We would have the minimum of 5 turkeys and 3 hams.  and four 8 ft tables filled with side dishes and desserts.  You talk about good eating, we would eat lunch...put everything in the ovens afterwards...play bingo and then pull it all back out again for an evening meal and about 8 o'clock ..pack up what ever was left and go home.  Usually there wasnt much of anything left cause we would have anywhere from 65-80 people there.  There is always a change for everything  I guess...just sorta miss those days.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 02:28:41 PM »
With the newborn here, we're going to lay low at our house.   I think it will just be my wife, myself, Mika and our in-laws.  I'll probably try out the new oven and cook up a turkey.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 03:25:13 PM »
I invision National Lampoons Turkey at Tylers house.....or....the dogs attacking it like on the Christmas Story..... :*)) :*)) :*))

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 04:57:47 PM »
I'm either gonna be up here in Canada trying to finish this job or I'll be driving home that day. >:(

Maybe I could gett Tom to cook me up a turkey. :*)) :*)) :*))

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 05:25:07 PM »
Since my side of the family is in SW Missouri and my wife's are in central Iowa, we usually rotate every other year doing Thanksgiving at one side of the family and Christmas at the others.  This year it is Thanksgiving at my folks and Christmas is Iowa.  We still try to hit the other side of the family sometime around Christmas, so it is extra hectic.  But, hey, Christmas is a time to be with family, Right?
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 05:56:31 PM »
Last year I believe we had it with the wife's family. This year we are talking about taking a small meal to my grandparent's apartment they will be moving into soon.

We'll see what happens, as the wife's family usually makes plans at the very last minute.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 08:06:14 PM »
We're having Thanksgiving at our house, with my side of the family coming.  Since my wife and I both come from big families and everyone is in the area, we can only accomodate one side or the other.  We'll be feeding about 30 people ....     Then, Xmas having her family and again feeding around 30 people ...

This is my first sly holiday season and only about 1/3 of them have seen me so far.  Should be interesting ...
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 08:18:15 PM »
This reminds me of a story that I just have to share with everyone.  As I said, we alternate every other year between the 2 sides of the family.  One year, my inlaws told us that they wanted to come down to our place for Thanksgiving.  Well this was the year that we were supposed to go to my side of the family.  So I call my parents and tell them not to expect us because we were having Thanksgiving at our house.  I thought everything was fine until I got a call from my sister asking what she should bring because my mom told her that I had invited everyone to our house.

Well, I didn't know quite what to say.  We already had all of my wife's family coming down from Iowa and now all of my family was coming from Sw Missouri.  I didn't have it in me to tell my family that I really didn't mean to invite them.. So that thanksgiving we had about 30 people in our little house (this was way before kids even).  It will always stand out in my mind as one of the most memorable Thanksgivings of all.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline RodgerDodger

• Super Sly
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 10:43:14 PM »
We're having Thanksgiving at our house, with my side of the family coming.  Then, Xmas having her family and again feeding around 30 people ...
There's no way to split the numbers in half and have some from each side?
That's what my family does. My wife and I compromise and have Thanksgiving with both sides equally represented. And we make sure all their favorites are served. We don't want anyone going home hungry!!

I just hope nobody brings mince meat pie or fruit cake. :Xo!

Enter your email address: