Author Topic: Piercings  (Read 32844 times)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Piercings
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2008, 11:39:41 AM »
Hey Rodgerdodger...I have my left lobe pierced.  I did it back in 1986 or87 but im pushing 38 and occassionally, I wear mine.  I wore it some this weekend.  Scott said he was going to go get his done...but never did.  Should have hogged tied him down and took him in to get it done.  I dont think you are too old to wear one...its just when you are older and wearing one to look young is where the problems begin.  I dont think you have to worry too much about yours closing up...its been a while...im taking it.  Just maybe once every three months or so...push one in...but hey man..why not...just wear it.

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2008, 03:14:57 PM »
Roger,

I'm only 25, what i meant was, it shouldn't matter how old you are whether you get piercings or tattoos.

I'm gonna wear mine cause i like the look of them. I have to be careful with work, they told me that i have to wear jewellry that is discreet.

For those up on piercings I got them done at 12ga, with barbells.

Out

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2008, 04:00:17 PM »
Roger,

I'm only 25, what i meant was, it shouldn't matter how old you are whether you get piercings or tattoos.

I'm gonna wear mine cause i like the look of them. I have to be careful with work, they told me that i have to wear jewellry that is discreet.

Out

Out, where did you get them done at? If you are ever in Newtown, there is an awesome Piercing/Body Jewelry shop called Industrial Strength that also sell pretty awesome streetwear.

Offline RodgerDodger

• Super Sly
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2008, 04:04:14 PM »
Hey Rodgerdodger...
I have my left lobe pierced.  I did it back in 1986 or87 but im pushing 38 and occassionally, I wear mine.  Just maybe once every three months or so...push one in...but hey man..why not...just wear it.
I own studs, one gold and one diamond. When I first got my left lobe pierced I wore the gold one everyday. When I got married my wife stopped me from wearing it on a daily basis. She said it made me look like a pimp and it was inapropriate for work. So I save my bling for special ocassions, when I get get all pimped up.

Roger,
I'm only 25, what i meant was, it shouldn't matter how old you. For those up on piercings I got them done at 12ga, with barbells.

Out
I have no idea what 12ga, with barbells means! JDog, maybe you could  explain what that means. Thanks.

Rodger, Over and Out  O0

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2008, 04:14:01 PM »
Roger,

Out

Out, where did you get them done at? If you are ever in Newtown, there is an awesome Piercing/Body Jewelry shop called Industrial Strength that also sell pretty awesome streetwear.

JDog,

I know industrial strength in Newtown, I've been there before. That was my second choice for the piercings. I went to a place called Polymorph just down the road. It's meant to be the best in Sydney, it's on Enmore Road in Enmore.

RogerDodger,

12Ga or 12gauge, is the thickness of the metal, and a barbell is the jewellry type

Out

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2008, 12:16:39 AM »
Hey guys, I'm still round, still have the slybaldguy going on! Don't regret it either.

Last weekend I got both my lobes pierced. They look great. 

I dont think anyone is too old for piercings. I don't think i could get a tattoo myself, thats not to say i don't like other people getting them.

Out

Out, glad to hear you're still sportin' the SLY look bro!  I gotta tell you that I got on here on Monday and saw your post about getting your lobes pierced.  I've been pondering doing the same thing for awhile now.  So, after reading your post, I went out and finally got mine pierced and you were the driving force bro! 

Got mine done at 10g w/CBR's - only cost me $40 so not bad.  My only complaint would have to be that the piercer told me because of my big head (LOL) that I should go with 5/8" cbr's.  I was freaking out before I went to work last night. 

I'm a supervisor at Kroger, a grocery chain here in the US.  They don't have a policy about earrings being forbidden but I was nervous as to what my co-workers would say and how management would react.  Most of my co-workers treated it as a non-issue except for some of the younger ones who were shocked that I started at such a large gauge and said I didn't seem like the "type" to have earrings.  But one guy was like "you're like a rock star now" and another guy said "you got the bald head and the earrings, now you just need a Harley" - I told him "buy me one!" 

The manager that was around me the most didn't even react.  She treated it as a non-issue.  So, I was somewhat relieved, and my immediate supervisor didn't react either.  I've got 2 other asst mgrs and the store mgr to go, so hopefully nothing negative will be said.

My question for you is how do you think your parents will react or have they seen the earrings already?  I'm not sure how mine will react and am nervous about that as well.  Looking forward to hearing back from ya man, and thanks for the "push" you gave me.

Stay sly!
Scott

Offline PORKY

• Super Sly
    • http://mypage.com/PORKMIEZTER
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2008, 12:35:37 AM »
HELL, your only as old or young as you FEEL !  me left lobe is pierced 5x , 3 diamonds a Ruby and a gold hoop , BUT... thats just ME !
I'm a BIG cigar smokin,bike ridin,truck muddin,bald headed ,long bearded,tattoo'd, no sh*t takin, Southern bred, Tequila drinkin SUMANA BYTCH

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2008, 02:21:00 AM »
Hey guys, I'm still round, still have the slybaldguy going on! Don't regret it either.

Last weekend I got both my lobes pierced. They look great. 

I dont think anyone is too old for piercings. I don't think i could get a tattoo myself, thats not to say i don't like other people getting them.

Out

Out, glad to hear you're still sportin' the SLY look bro!  I gotta tell you that I got on here on Monday and saw your post about getting your lobes pierced.  I've been pondering doing the same thing for awhile now.  So, after reading your post, I went out and finally got mine pierced and you were the driving force bro! 

Got mine done at 10g w/CBR's - only cost me $40 so not bad.  My only complaint would have to be that the piercer told me because of my big head (LOL) that I should go with 5/8" cbr's.  I was freaking out before I went to work last night. 

I'm a supervisor at Kroger, a grocery chain here in the US.  They don't have a policy about earrings being forbidden but I was nervous as to what my co-workers would say and how management would react.  Most of my co-workers treated it as a non-issue except for some of the younger ones who were shocked that I started at such a large gauge and said I didn't seem like the "type" to have earrings.  But one guy was like "you're like a rock star now" and another guy said "you got the bald head and the earrings, now you just need a Harley" - I told him "buy me one!" 

The manager that was around me the most didn't even react.  She treated it as a non-issue.  So, I was somewhat relieved, and my immediate supervisor didn't react either.  I've got 2 other asst mgrs and the store mgr to go, so hopefully nothing negative will be said.

My question for you is how do you think your parents will react or have they seen the earrings already?  I'm not sure how mine will react and am nervous about that as well.  Looking forward to hearing back from ya man, and thanks for the "push" you gave me.

Stay sly!
Scott

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the compliment on the earrings. Glad that you went to get it done at a professional and didn't go down the road of the guns.

To answer your question, I only got some barbells so they are really discrete. My parents have seen them and didn't even notice them for about 45 mins after arriving at their place. I work with about 45 people at work in a open plan office. Only 3 even have said anything, treated me like nothing has happened.

I plan to get some CBRs too for mine but for the time being I will use the barbells i've got in.

I will post a pic for you guys soon. :-)

Ohhhh hey scott, Post some pics of you sporting the rings, would love to see them :)

Don't worry about the parents they will be cool. Just remember, if you can sport the sly look, i'm sure you can get away with the rings.

Keep it sly!

Out

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2008, 08:43:19 PM »
Alright Outsider, here ya go - a few of the new earrings... pay no attention to my chubbiness!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2008, 09:40:45 PM »
How much did that hurt, Scott?

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2008, 11:12:10 PM »
Those look great Scott. Should have done that while I was there...lol
Looks good bro...

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2008, 11:24:00 PM »
I also like your sweater Scott
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2008, 08:45:19 PM »
One bad thing about CBR's that no one seems t think of is if your about to enter a fight, its pretty fackin hard to get them out quick.

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2008, 11:00:08 PM »
How much did that hurt, Scott?

Actually, they didn't hurt at all.  While I was there I saw a girl get her tongue pierced and a guy got his septum done, and both of them looked like they hurt.  The piercer was really cool and had me do some breathing exercises right before he pierced it, so it didn't hurt just a quick pinch and then he put the ring in, swung around to the other ear, a quick pinch and then bam, I was done.  The only part that was uncomfortable was gettin used to the weight of the rings and sleep the first night was odd, but I usually sleep on my stomach so I've had to adjust that a little.  Actually I've endured much more pain at the dentist or giving blood.

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2008, 11:03:37 PM »
Those look great Scott. Should have done that while I was there...lol
Looks good bro...

Thanks Timmay... yes I should have done it while you were here!

I also like your sweater Scott

Why thank you Nick, yes I am a hairy beast.  People cannot understand why I have such a hairy chest, back, arms, and legs, but yet MPB on the dome!  What can I say - Mother Nature is cruel!

One bad thing about CBR's that no one seems t think of is if your about to enter a fight, its pretty fackin hard to get them out quick.

Yeah shdwwlk I agree that CBR's are a pain in the a$$ but I'm more of a lover than a fighter anyway so it's all good.