Author Topic: Piercings  (Read 33055 times)

Offline karatedragon

• Sly Guy in Training
Piercings
« on: May 01, 2007, 05:49:32 PM »
Blimey! This site covers everything!

I have 2 piercings. Left ear in which I wear a diamond stud and left nipple which is a blue titanium ball closeure ring

modestkarma

Re: Piercings
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 09:16:54 PM »
I have both my ears at a 00 gauge, hopefully I'll get them streched out to a 1/2".

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 10:56:34 AM »
OK, so I'm old, and no, I don't have any piercings.  My words of advice... be careful to not do something that you can't reverse in the future.  You might think now that you want to do something that you think is cool (stretching a current piercing), but in the future (such as going for a better or different job), you might find that it could hinder your ability/flexibility to do so.  Hope that made sense and didn't sound too preachy.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Leigh_12play

• Sly
    • www.myspace.com/leigh_12play
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 03:37:09 PM »
A tounge piercing, I got 7 years ago, love it and didnt regret it, the only thing was, a few days after my tougue was swollen, but with sea salt, and proper care, its just as much fun as the first day I got it...
A friend is someone that reaches for your hand but touches your heart...

www.myspace.com/leigh_12play

Offline weapon_x_79

• HELP ME TOM CRUISE
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 07:31:18 PM »
I have my tongue, eyebrow, septum, lips, cartlage, counch, nipples, navel, and my lobes are gaged to a 0. and I don't regret any of them. O0

Offline kenny

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 11:00:18 PM »
i got my neck pierced last week.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 07:24:45 AM »
i got my neck pierced last week.

Got some pics yet Kenny?
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 07:08:31 PM »
I used to have my ears stretched to 2g, but I got tired of it. now I just have one little hoop in one ear.  Like Mr Clean!
        I took the hoop out while I was job hunting last year and my wife said to put it back in.   

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 08:12:47 PM »
Stew no offense bro that sounds very preachy. I've heard enough of that type of lecture from my grandparents.

If people want to adorn their body with tattoos and piercings I think that is their own personal business and most of us have thought their piercings and tattoos out considerably and know the pros and cons of having them.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 09:03:53 PM »
Sounds like more of an opinion to me, JDog. I think that people who don't know about the culture tend to look at it a certain way.
First off, I think in general tat's and piercing are much more accepted, more mainstream. I've had my tattoo's for quite some time now and when I got got my first it was a much different scene. You didn't have the shops as visible as today. It was much more an underground type of thing. Shops couldn't operate like today.
Unfortunately, some people still judge a person by how they look, prime example being sly. That's not going to change, but it's how you carry yourself and what you put out there. If you're confident in yourself and are a good person it's going to come out. There are alot of people out there who don't have tat's and piercing's that are even bigger a--holes.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 12:02:24 AM »
Joe well said bro.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 09:37:46 AM »
Thanks, JDog.  I know it's a touchy subject.    O0

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 12:17:02 AM »
JDog, no offense taken.  I just know that it's easy for many people to do certain things in life (tats and piercings being only 2) which at the moment they think they want.  But some things may not be easy to undo.  And whether we like it or not, people have preconceptions about appearances, and extreme looks may hinder employment opportunities.  We all need jobs (or at least most people do).  I was just trying to point out that if anyone is considering doing something extreme, they should be clear about all the pros and cons before making the committment.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 05:40:44 PM »

First off, I think in general tat's and piercing are much more accepted, more mainstream. I've had my tattoo's for quite some time now and when I got got my first it was a much different scene. You didn't have the shops as visible as today. It was much more an underground type of thing.

yeah, I agree. you know, it's funny, but in 50 years nursing homes will be full of little old ladies and old men with full sleeves and lower back tattoos.... 

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 06:20:28 AM »

First off, I think in general tat's and piercing are much more accepted, more mainstream. I've had my tattoo's for quite some time now and when I got got my first it was a much different scene. You didn't have the shops as visible as today. It was much more an underground type of thing.

yeah, I agree. you know, it's funny, but in 50 years nursing homes will be full of little old ladies and old men with full sleeves and lower back tattoos.... 

Why 50 years? I see it now. Grizzly old bikers in their 70's with every bit of skin covered.

I plan on getting my left arm fully sleeved over the next 6 months.