Author Topic: Why would someone want this?  (Read 11573 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Why would someone want this?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 08:16:30 PM »
I might need to give it a try. I've only been to NO once, and that was only for a day trip. I just remember an awful lot of rain, and some extremely strong alcohol

Alcohol strong?  In the city that invented cocktails?  Quelle surprise!

Rain?

Here's Irma--

It's food, it's music, it's good drink, it's New Orleans! 

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 08:19:44 PM »
You should work for the NO tourist board :D

Im not too worried about the booze but if I can get a decent steak, count me in ;)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 08:30:32 PM »
Im not too worried about the booze but if I can get a decent steak, count me in ;)
How do you want that, Carpetbagger- a rib steak 2" thick with a pocket full of oysters, topped with Bernaise, or perhaps a filet with marchand du vin sauce, or well even you get the idea--our foods have layers of flavor--nothing so plain as a simple steak, it's a stage for a flavor party in your mouth. 

And all people in New Orleans love our City--tourist board?  Just walk down the street and ask for a good restaurant, bar, or party venue and we'll give you a full menu of places to eat, drink and party.  Laissez les bonnes temps roulez, mon ami--toutes les temps pour toute monde. 

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 08:33:22 PM »
I'll eat any steak as long as) its from a cow and b) it doesnt have a bone in it, because a bone is an immediate appetite killer. Eww.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 08:37:00 PM »
p.s. I should clarify.

c) as long as it hasnt been within 50 miles of any type of seafood. Seafood, for me, is an even bigger appetite killer than a bone.

Eww.

EWW.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 08:45:46 PM »
Even for your orthodoxicly restricted diet--New Orleans has something that you've never eaten yet dreamed existed, that's a promise. 

Slynito

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 09:57:18 PM »
Well I've never been to Mardi Gras. You'll have to invite us over and we can all wear our lovely SBG Tina Turner hats :D
Hats :/O :/O :/O :/O :/O :/O

Tina Turner is nothing about hats--it's thighs, some of the greatest thighs ever slapped together in time to music--Ike & Tina Turner & the Ikettes.

Rollin' on the River' Damn fine music--yeah, laissez les bonnes temps roules mes amis.

If you're into legs

Saintc, you said a mouth full...them legs and thighs were flying every where...loved it. Ya know Tina is still pretty fine for a sixty something. Those Ikettes can give a nice boy some nasty thoughts...fine PYTs.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 04:41:30 AM »
Saintc, you said a mouth full...them legs and thighs were flying every where...loved it. Ya know Tina is still pretty fine for a sixty something. Those Ikettes can give a nice boy some nasty thoughts...fine PYTs.

Yeah but once you spend 406 hours taking off the 20 gallons of make up, and the NASA-designed girdle, and the super-reinforced cast iron bra, and the wig, and the Prada dress, and the glitzy earrings, you're left with something quite different.

I like Tina as a performer (very much), but once you get past the Hollywood makeover, the show is over. Same applies to Oprah.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:43:19 AM by GSGUK »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 08:55:43 AM »

I like Tina as a performer (very much), but once you get past the Hollywood makeover, the show is over. Same applies to Oprah.

Same applies to most Hollywood stars:

http://www.topsocialite.com/celebrities-without-makeup/

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »

Same applies to most Hollywood stars:

http://www.topsocialite.com/celebrities-without-makeup/

Well lets face it, even guys in Noo Joizee can be famed for their quick makeovers. Yesterday you were a cute 13-year old, and today you're a handsome 40-something dude with Ray Ban's and a glaring noggin :o

:D  :@`

Speaking of transformations, I have a question.

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/

Around half way down that page, there's a picture of Scarlett someone-or-other, and they've air-brushed her nipple out. What is it Americans find offensive - the t1tty itself or the nipple? :o Here, if they show that much t1tty (and there's no shortage of t1tty-on-display here), then they show the nipple too, but I guess it must be different over there in our former colonies :D

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 09:29:06 AM »
p.s. when I say 'Americans', obviously not all people are going to find the same thing offensive, but I meant 'Americans' from the point of decency/indecency laws, etc.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2011, 09:30:44 AM »
Correction:

Yesterday you were a cute 13-year old 15-year-old ...

Speaking of transformations, I have a question.

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/

Around half way down that page, there's a picture of Scarlett someone-or-other, and they've air-brushed her nipple out. What is it Americans find offensive - the t1tty itself or the nipple? :o Here, if they show that much t1tty (and there's no shortage of t1tty-on-display here), then they show the nipple too, but I guess it must be different over there in our former colonies :D

I don't find anything offensive about it.    :D

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 09:35:53 AM »
Well neither do I, but after that Janet Jackson incident a few years ago, when it seemed as if the entire US was going to crumble into oblivion at the site of a nipple, I assumed there must be some pretty severe anti-nipple laws over there :o

I also seem to remember a few years before that, the stage show 'The Vagina Monologues' had to change it name in (I think) Florida because someone objected to the word 'vagina', because it was apparently so offensive. I think they changed the name of the show to Hoo Hah Monologues, although I dont know what a Hoo Hah is.

I would have thought covering up a nipple or changing the name of a stage show would just draw more attention to the aforementioned nipple or vagina!

:o

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2011, 09:40:30 AM »
The Janet Jackson brouhaha was because it happened during the Superbowl when a lot of young kids were watching.  I hadn't heard about changing the stage-show name in Florida, but since there is a sizeable older population there, I'm not too surprised that the original title wasn't well received.