Author Topic: 2 Questions.  (Read 3000 times)

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
2 Questions.
« on: May 03, 2009, 08:11:08 AM »
There are TWO questions that a man needs to ask in order to navigate life successfully.
They are, as follows:
1) Where am I going? and
2) Who is going with me?
God help me if I get these in the wrong order!

Each man has the absolute right to decide what is the right order in which to ask the questions. The order in which I have listed them is MY right order.
I thought I would post these in a seperate thread although I just posted them in one of privateryan's threads. I have fallen back on these questions many times as an adult. When I asked myself the questions in the wrong order or have ignored the wisdom contained in the answers I have usually ended up regreting it. When I kept the questions in the right order and went with the honest answers I may have ended up doing things alone but I was generally satisfied with the result.

Sometimes using these questions as a guide to life can lead me through some scary $h!t but going into the fear, going toward the roar of the lion, can teach me a lot about myself.
These questions were gifted to me years ago by a wise man that I am privileged to know and now I pass along his gift to all my sly bros.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: 2 Questions.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 09:11:44 AM »
There are TWO questions that a man needs to ask in order to navigate life successfully.
They are, as follows:
1) Where am I going? and
2) Who is going with me?
God help me if I get these in the wrong order!

Each man has the absolute right to decide what is the right order in which to ask the questions. The order in which I have listed them is MY right order.
I thought I would post these in a seperate thread although I just posted them in one of privateryan's threads. I have fallen back on these questions many times as an adult. When I asked myself the questions in the wrong order or have ignored the wisdom contained in the answers I have usually ended up regreting it. When I kept the questions in the right order and went with the honest answers I may have ended up doing things alone but I was generally satisfied with the result.

Sometimes using these questions as a guide to life can lead me through some scary $h!t but going into the fear, going toward the roar of the lion, can teach me a lot about myself.
These questions were gifted to me years ago by a wise man that I am privileged to know and now I pass along his gift to all my sly bros.

Thanks for this Buddha. The second question can be the most difficult one to deal with if you have a loved one who perhaps does not agree with you following what you beleive to be the correct course of action.
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 09:35:03 AM »
Well, you mentioned God, so He should be the one to go with You!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 09:42:57 AM »
I'm actually thinking about getting these questions tattooed on my hands, question #1 on the left and #2 on the right, because I forget to ask myself these things far too often. For me it becomes an issue of either living for myself or living for someone else. When I think of the areas of life that these questions have relevance to the possibilities are limitless, right down to my last breath.
I have to challenge myself to ponder my fear of the second question if it means ignoring the answer I get when I ask myself the first. All too often I have skipped this step.
Since we are in a head shaving site I'll apply the questions to slyness. If question #2 takes precedence over question #1 I have a comb-over.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »

Unless I've been lied to He's there all the time no matter where I go.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 09:48:48 AM »

Absolutely. Remember Footsteps.

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

This also applies to when we are at a point in our lives when direction is not clear to us. Be still and know that he is God. The answer often becomes clear. At least that's how I find things. He is always with us. 
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 10:23:42 AM »

This also applies to when we are at a point in our lives when direction is not clear to us. Be still and know that he is God. The answer often becomes clear. At least that's how I find things. He is always with us. 

Right, but, we're getting kinda off point here. With respect to the SBG thing God never tried to discourage me from scraping the dome. All of the resistance that I got came from other humans who thought that they had some stake in whether or not I had hair. So, in view of bald or not bald the questions really apply more to.....never mind.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 10:48:11 AM »

Right, but, we're getting kinda off point here. With respect to the SBG thing God never tried to discourage me from scraping the dome. All of the resistance that I got came from other humans who thought that they had some stake in whether or not I had hair. So, in view of bald or not bald the questions really apply more to.....never mind.

.... that was entirely my point when I said

"The second question can be the most difficult one to deal with if you have a loved one who perhaps does not agree with you following what you beleive to be the correct course of action." 

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 01:33:52 AM »
I'll have to answer those after I figure out whether the Revised Unified Partnership Act follows the Aggregation theory or the Entity theory, which would let partners escape liability, only leaving the partnership entity itself liable for liabilities of the entity. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 02:46:19 AM »
I'll have to answer those after I figure out whether the Revised Unified Partnership Act follows the Aggregation theory or the Entity theory, which would let partners escape liability, only leaving the partnership entity itself liable for liabilities of the entity. 

???

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 06:34:48 AM »
That was a show stopper now wasnt it Scottish...lol

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 06:47:59 AM »
Buddha.... Great questions!

They are similar to the two questiona I've asked myself for many years. In my twenties I had a lot of tough years ...mostly because of bad choices I made. So in my early thirties I decided i needed a BIG life change. That led me to these two questions:

1) Who am I?
2) Who are you?

I used #1 when making choices in my life... for instance, If I choose to do "X" is that the kind of thing I would be proud of? If not, I didn't do it.

Likewise #2..... If my friend "M" chooses to do "X" in his life, do I really want to hang out with a guy that does that?

This all led to many better choices for me. Sorry about the hijack........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 08:57:33 AM »
That was a show stopper now wasnt it Scottish...lol

Uh huh!  :o

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 01:15:03 PM »

???

Sorry about that.  I was "in the zone."  Hopefully I'll have a little time to answer those questions this summer. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]