Author Topic: Comments so far  (Read 2126 times)

Offline sq

• Sly Jr.
Comments so far
« on: May 21, 2009, 10:31:55 AM »
Day Four comments continue to be mainly complimentary -

One  older client (85) who's kind of a father figure - he was trying to make sure that I did not have cancer without actually asking - did not know exactly what to do with that one - just told him all was good with me - you could tell he wanted to ask then what the h*** happened to your hair but was too polite to do so -  one of those funny socially akward silent moments -

Offline bem75

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
Re: Comments so far
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 11:07:22 AM »
Here's what I do, when i see that coming.  I preempt his comment with the answer.  You can kinda tell when someone wants to ask you about your head, but they're feeling funny.  So, just take the guess-work out of it and say, "I don't have cancer.  I just like it bald."  What can they say to that?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 11:07:44 AM »
That's great to hear!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 05:40:30 AM »
Wear it PROUD !!  O0

Offline sq

• Sly Jr.
Re: Comments so far - and a question
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 09:22:09 AM »
Day 5

Going from strenght to strenght here -

Went for lunch with a female co-worker (both happily married) who kept telling me that her husband was going to hear about her going out to lunch with the cool bald guy - (small town, gossip is the currency) - I'm still having to remember that when someone says the bald guy they mean me -

Two guys told me how tough it looked -
Pretty damn fine ego boostng day

So here's the question - I've had 2 guys shyly starting to ask me about being sly - I want to encourage them - (hey there's a combover involved on a guy under 50 here) - the one guys into tech.  so I can direct him here - the other guy is a complete techniphobe, so that is just not going to happen] - what's worked best for you guys

Thanks for your advice.

Offline bem75

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 09:26:55 AM »
I have sent a couple of guys here, when I knew that they would "get it."  With another comb-over guy, I spoke with his brother in law and he told me that my shaved head had inspired him to tell the comb-over victim to shave his head too.  A week later, I saw the guy and his head was shaved.  Huge improvement.

Chatting up the guy's wife or girlfriend also helps.  If she's into it, that will really help the guy take the plunge.

Offline SlickHoss

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 11:51:09 PM »
Well, I got a comment from my nephew the other day that made me laugh. He told me everything was finally even. I asked what do you mean, even? He said the back of head showed the scalp and now the rest did too.  :D :D

A co-worker calls me "Shine."  lol!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 05:50:22 AM »
Great news sq!!   Yet another testament as to why sly is better.   Let that great dome shine.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 08:06:57 AM »
Speaking of compliments here?  I visited my old office for the first time since retiring two years ago.  I was a little hesitate as these are very opinionated people. The had not seen the new me, new eyebrows, earrings and a shining dome.  To my surpirse, not one person made a rude remark.  In fact, I got about 20 to 30 compliments.  This head real got big after that.  Soooo! whatever reservations I may have had, went out the window.  God! I love being Sly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 09:55:58 AM »
The goat sort of counteracts the chemo thing.  Just be yourself man and you soon will be wearing the dome proudly and without any unease.

Enter your email address: