Author Topic: Mach 3 Appreciation Thread  (Read 5881 times)

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
Mach 3 Appreciation Thread
« on: May 01, 2009, 02:02:01 PM »
So after having 2 weeks of horrible shaving with a discounted, albeit soon-to-be discontinued Schick Quatro, I decided to try out the Mach3.

Some how after 2 years of being Sly, I still haven't tried out the original M3. I've tried the disposable M3's and powered M3's, but never the original. I've also used the Fusion along with many other 4, 5 and even 6 blade razors. I could have saved around $100 total if I would have just used the Mach3 in the first place! The M3 has a sleek design, with an easy-to-grip handle. It's easy to maneurver (fusion... ::)) and it doesn't vibrate! Most of all, the blades give me the smoothest, closest shave I can get out of a razor.
"If it 'aint broke, don't fix it!"

Long live the tried and true MACH3!

(For those of you who are set on the bizillion blade razors, check out this in-dept review I found)

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=40645

"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Mach 3 Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 03:35:42 PM »
My blade(s) of choice. :)

Offline mouse404

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 03:59:46 PM »
is there any significant difference between the mach3 and the mach3turbo?

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 04:27:05 PM »
Hear hear! 

I think the turbo just has a thicker aloe strip, so no it's not a significant difference. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 07:39:01 PM »
I have both the Mach 3 and the Fusion. I've been using the fusion for quite some time now, looks like I'm gunna go back to the Mach 3 for a while. Only problem was I used the Mach 3 when I first started shaving, and had no clue how to prep my head or what products to use, so I nicked myself often, now that I know, I'm sure I'll get a nice shave out of it. Wow I'm looking forward to this.

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 07:48:44 PM »
I have both the Mach 3 and the Fusion. I've been using the fusion for quite some time now, looks like I'm gunna go back to the Mach 3 for a while. Only problem was I used the Mach 3 when I first started shaving, and had no clue how to prep my head or what products to use, so I nicked myself often, now that I know, I'm sure I'll get a nice shave out of it. Wow I'm looking forward to this.

I wonder if it's even possible to cut yourself with the fusion... because the blades are so close together. The downside of this is that I always felt that I'd have to put an extreme amount of pressure to get a close shave, along with doing more passes. With the M3 on the other hand, shaving is a luxury.
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline SlyintheOC

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 08:01:44 PM »
I have tried the triple-blade headblade and still prefer the Mach III. I find it easier to use and a much better shave. In the month that I have been doing the total shave I have had no cuts with the Mach III. I also found the replacement cartridges to be much cheaper out at Sam's Club. I ordered a product called Razor Guard that you store your razor in to prolong the blades (I think much like the olive oil suggestion in other threads). I used to use this a few years back then they stopped selling it in the local drug stores. I figured the company went out of business. I recently found them online and ordered a new formulation. I'll see if it's like I remember. Anything to save money and still get quality shaves.

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 08:40:42 PM »
Nice idea hitting up Sam's Club!

W3!ght

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 09:16:38 PM »
I just love Mach 3  :@`

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 09:35:46 PM »
Another Mach3 fan here.  8)

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 10:24:09 PM »
I wonder if it's even possible to cut yourself with the fusion... because the blades are so close together. The downside of this is that I always felt that I'd have to put an extreme amount of pressure to get a close shave, along with doing more passes. With the M3 on the other hand, shaving is a luxury.

I feel you on that one. That's the only real flaw I can point out with the fusion, sometimes you do need to put quite a bit of pressure in order to really get that stubble.

Offline 20, bald, and loving it

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 11:49:18 PM »
I love the Mach 3

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 08:00:19 AM »
It's defiantly one sleek, top-notch razor!  :@`

Has anyone tried the custom M3's with the luxury handles? I've seen bob post some pics of what he sells.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:02:39 AM by rward086 »

W3!ght

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 03:16:40 PM »
Well because of this thread, I went out today, bought some new Mach 3 blades, and shaved. God knows how long it's been since I used this razor. I had the smoothest shave of my life, looks like I'll be taking a break from the Fusion for a while. Only problem is, I thought the blades would have been a lot cheaper. Harmon's, pff  :x!

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 03:46:48 PM »
Well because of this thread, I went out today, bought some new Mach 3 blades, and shaved. God knows how long it's been since I used this razor. I had the smoothest shave of my life, looks like I'll be taking a break from the Fusion for a while. Only problem is, I thought the blades would have been a lot cheaper. Harmon's, pff  :x!

Extra Virgin Olive oil! TANK introduced the idea in another thread. It should let each razor last at least twice as long as they usually do. Look into it.

W3!ght

Enter your email address: