Author Topic: Mach 3 Appreciation Thread  (Read 5880 times)

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
Re: Mach 3 Appreciation Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 04:19:42 PM »
Extra Virgin Olive oil! TANK introduced the idea in another thread. It should let each razor last at least twice as long as they usually do. Look into it.

Will do, thanks a lot man!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 12:27:13 AM »
I wonder if you got an Olive Oil Sprayer like the one below and sprayed the olive oil on if it would still provide the same results.  It could also be less mess than having to keep a small container filled with olive oil.

You can get these at Amazon - http://www.amazon.com
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
    • www.myspace.com/dangman
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 03:48:52 PM »
I'm definitely giving a big +1 for this

I had started with the mach 3 and used the fusion just on a whim after seeing the commercials and my mom mentioning it once or twice and had been using that and enjoyed it alot. Then I went to florida and wasn't really in the mood to be spending $25 something dollars just to be able to shave for a couple of weeks, so I opted for the original mach 3 cartridges seeing I had brought my m3 turbo handle.

So I shaved up the next morning and I had forgotten how nice of shave it gave me, especially for my face. I had alot less irritation on the neck and face in general and it got me NICE and SMOOOTH on the dome with little irritation. I'm thinking about once I finish off the fusion cartridges going back to the M3 exclusively. Just a great razor still years ahead of the game.

By the way...has anyone ever used the Sensor 3 ???

If so how does it compare to the Mach 3?? opinions anyone?? Much appreciated and I hope I'm not hijacking your thread dude.
Its good to be bald my friends :)

parksie

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 06:26:56 PM »
I have used the sensor 3, but I was much more impressed with the sensor excel  with 2 blades.  O0

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 07:22:28 AM »
hmm but how would you stack the mach 3 against the sensor 3?

I know the sensor 3 cartridges are cheaper and I figure if I plan on going back to the mach 3 and the sensor 3 cartridges are of equal shaving quality about, why not just go ahead and get the sensor 3 handle and cartridges. I guess I also just want an excuse for more shaving gear, haha.

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 11:01:00 AM »
It really intrigues me as to the difference in razor tastes!  I used the M3Turbo exclusively for 4 or 5 years but then recently I gave the Fusion a test. At first I was very unsure. BUT now I've shaved with it for a  few weeks I LOVE IT!  For me it's the best, the closest, smoothest razor I have ever used. IMHO, its the best razor out there. But not to worry, I'll keep searching for the truly perfect razor for me. When I find it I'll buy a couple hundred of them for a life time supply! 
It's all about attitude!

parksie

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 05:09:30 PM »
Me personally I would take the sensor excel over either of those.  I have got much better results using the excel, with much less irritation.  It seems as though whenever a 3 or more blades are used, I get razor burn and ingrown hairs bad! Just so you know you can get a sensor or an excel handle and they will work with a sensor 3 cartridge.  More shaving gear is never a bad thing!  O0

I know the sensor 3 cartridges are cheaper and I figure if I plan on going back to the mach 3 and the sensor 3 cartridges are of equal shaving quality about, why not just go ahead and get the sensor 3 handle and cartridges. I guess I also just want an excuse for more shaving gear, haha.

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 08:49:37 PM »

What is the main difference between the two razors (Sensor 3 and Mach 3)? From what I saw on the packages, it just looked like the two had different angled heads.
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 09:10:37 PM »

What is the main difference between the two razors (Sensor 3 and Mach 3)? From what I saw on the packages, it just looked like the two had different angled heads.

Well you pretty much nailed it on the head there. I just bought the sensor excel handle the other day and it came with two excel cartridges and one sensor 3 cartridge on the handle itself...upon closer inspection the sensor 3 and mach 3 cartridge are pretty much the same except you couldn't change out the handle/cartridge with each other. The only difference is the price pretty much so I'll be trying it out tomorrow on the dome and the face and if I like it i'll be sticking with that from now on. I figure if i can save about 10 bucks per cartridge pack and i can use it for both my face/neck and head then its a win win in my book.

Hope for the best tomorrow morning :)  8)

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 09:17:07 PM »

Well you pretty much nailed it on the head there. I just bought the sensor excel handle the other day and it came with two excel cartridges and one sensor 3 cartridge on the handle itself...upon closer inspection the sensor 3 and mach 3 cartridge are pretty much the same except you couldn't change out the handle/cartridge with each other. The only difference is the price pretty much so I'll be trying it out tomorrow on the dome and the face and if I like it i'll be sticking with that from now on. I figure if i can save about 10 bucks per cartridge pack and i can use it for both my face/neck and head then its a win win in my book.

Yea man. Good luck! A bad shave for us SLB is like a bad hair day for women. Screws up my entire day. lol.  >:(
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 10:36:03 PM »

Yea man. Good luck! A bad shave for us SLB is like a bad hair day for women. Screws up my entire day. lol.  >:(

your right a bad shave for us is the equivalent of a bad hair day for women or men who have hair.

cheers

ycartt

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 06:49:17 AM »
Mach III is definitely two thumbs up for me on shaving my head.  Its the most comfortable.  Quattro Schick SUCKS.  It irritated my head.  With M3 I rarely get bumps or irritation.

I find a double-edge safety razor (old fashion kind) gives me the most comfortable shave with the least irritation and ingrown hairs on my face.  All others seem to eat me up.

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 03:59:04 PM »

update on the sensor 3: I just used it today for the first time on my face and dome and got a nice good shave out of it, no nicks to speak of and no serious irritation(always a little redness for me) i'd say it was of equal quality to the mach 3, the only real difference was the fact that the head is angled different. Great shave I'll be sticking with this for a while, its cheaper than the mach 3 and the fusion especially (by about 10 dollars) and  I can use it for my face unlike the fusion.

cheers :)

your right a bad shave for us is the equivalent of a bad hair day for women or men who have hair.

cheers

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
"Misto" sprayer@ also available@ Kitchen Specialty Stores
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2009, 11:06:56 AM »
I found the Misto sprayer that Tyler talks about above@ Bed, Bath, and Beyond months ago.
LOL- but my reason for buying it was strictly associated with cooking purposes only.

I was actually thinking about purchasing a second one for shaving when i first starting reading about the "olive oil postings".

But since I started using the ladies brand shaving cream called "Skintimate", I have noticed that I get as good as a shave as I do with the olive oil. The consistency of the cream lets my razor glide over your head like I've never quite experienced before. NO nicks  or cuts , either. Skintimate comes in various types, one of which contains "olive oil soy" (whatever that is) - LOL...

Overall result is that its without the mess left behind by using oil oil straight out of the bottle.

This post is meant to just share my experience with this brand cream for those who may be interested in experiencing the "olive oil type results", without the messy aftermath.

I use the HeadBlade, followed by a pass with the old favorite MachIII. (Mach III is not really needed, but old habits are hard to break - -it's like an insurance policy to make sure no spots are missed)

-Cap'n Noodles-