Author Topic: Laser Comb  (Read 13643 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Laser Comb
« on: February 16, 2007, 08:42:57 AM »
I was just watching Good Morning America and saw a story about a FDA approved product that will help regrow hair.  It is a comb that emits low level laser beams.  Supposedly it is not as effective as Rogaine or Propecia.  But it is supposed to work on men who are in the beginning stages of baldness after 6 months use.  I think it costs about $500.

Are there any people on this board that really would rather have their hair back instead of being sly, who would try this?

My thought is that anyone who is balding should try being sly first.  But if they are totally unhappy after shaving their head, then by all means, go try the laser comb or other things.   

As a balding man, I am glad I started shaving my head.  So you know where I stand!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Laser Comb
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 09:00:12 AM »
I was just watching Good Morning America and saw a story about a FDA approved product that will help regrow hair.  It is a comb that emits low level laser beams.  Supposedly it is not as effective as Rogaine or Propecia.  But it is supposed to work on men who are in the beginning stages of baldness after 6 months use.  I think it costs about $500.

Are there any people on this board that really would rather have their hair back instead of being sly, who would try this?

My thought is that anyone who is balding should try being sly first.  But if they are totally unhappy after shaving their head, then by all means, go try the laser comb or other things.   

As a balding man, I am glad I started shaving my head.  So you know where I stand!

I think it's kind of ironic that they have a laser comb to encourage growth, but then there are also many, many places that advertise laser hair removal.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 12:30:59 PM »
I don't understand the extermes people will go to hide part of themselves. :-\
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 01:04:44 PM »
I hear ya AR
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 01:32:40 PM »
Heck, just start running your head through the scanner at the store everytime you go.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 03:55:51 PM »
I have an old Lazer TAg gun. I'm going to charg $25 dollars a half hour for me to shoot it at your head.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 04:09:16 PM »
I have an old Lazer TAg gun. I'm going to charg $25 dollars a half hour for me to shoot it at your head.

For removal or growth?

Offline Noner

• Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Nonerville
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 04:11:22 PM »

For removal or growth?

Yeah, now there's some fortune cookie magic! You use a lazer to remove hair, but it can also be used to grow hair...........which means.............lazers are......................

A BEAM OF HAIR PARTICLES!

Wow I love science.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 04:16:30 PM »

For removal or growth?

Yeah, now there's some fortune cookie magic! You use a lazer to remove hair, but it can also be used to grow hair...........which means.............lazers are......................

A BEAM OF HAIR PARTICLES!

Wow I love science.

Will wonders never cease?

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 05:07:47 PM »
 >:( Too little too late. I'd rather stay bald than attempt another unlikely scheme to regain hair. Deus volt. The dome stays clean. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 05:27:02 PM »
I considered the laser comb last summer when I first found out what was causing my bald patches but I couldn't find anyone (other than the company "testimonials") with any experience with it and wasn't ready to shell out that kind of doe for a chance at regaining my hair when it could grow back in full at any time.  Then the light bulb came on and I bin a shining example of shinyness ever since...   ;D
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

spaceape48

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 06:56:21 PM »
I like being sly, but at the same time I would love to have a choice over my baldness. I'll pass on the laser come, but if the day ever comes that there is some product or treatment that regrows hair, then I would likely take a gander at it. It's all or none for me.

Slickdome

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 10:02:51 PM »
I like being sly, but at the same time I would love to have a choice over my baldness. I'll pass on the laser come, but if the day ever comes that there is some product or treatment that regrows hair, then I would likely take a gander at it. It's all or none for me.

All or none is a good plan, Spaceape.  At this point, I'm pretty committed to none.  I'd probably use the laser to take off what's left, instead of trying to grow anything back. 

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 08:46:12 AM »
Funny thing:

I was under the impression that I was 100% BBC....

Come to find out that--now that the bean is slick--I have about a 4 - 5 inch diameter patch of tan noggin on the back (slightly lower than the very crown).

And I can feel that when the rest of the bean is getting velcroish in between shaves...that area is strangely smoother.

LOL!!!.....so I've been doing a combover of sorts without even knowing....no one ever told me (not even my wife).   And I was never concerned enough to investigate.

I'm with Slickdome....I would lasor the rest off, before I would lasor any in.

Offline Noner

• Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Nonerville
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 09:21:20 AM »
Bad news:

I help my head against the self-checkout scanner at the food store for 2 hours and no hair grew on my head.

Good news:

My teeth are really white

Enter your email address: