Author Topic: Panasonic ES8077S Electric Shaver  (Read 1592 times)

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
Panasonic ES8077S Electric Shaver
« on: March 05, 2009, 08:58:59 PM »
Ok this is a bit of a continuation of http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=9180.0  I recieved my Panasonic ES8077S  today in the mail.  This shaver came with the Razor, Power Cord, Hydra Clean Station for charging and cleaning and a cartridge for the cleaning, and a really cheap carrying case.  The instructions say it takes 1 hour to charge so i timed it and it was exactly 1 hour.  I first tried using it on my face.  Wow this is the best electric razor i've ever used, it destroyed my Remington's.  This razor is a Wet/Dry so it can be used in the shower.  Tonight i tried it on my head with a dab of headslick.  With in Seconds the Headslick was a pile of foam.  It just plowed through the stubble and it really did leave my head smooth.  I can't see it replacing a blade shave but if you just need to get a quick shave, i would say, it's as close to a blade shave as you can get.  I think it's a winner either way.   Any questions drop me a line.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
Re: Panasonic ES8077S Electric Shaver
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 09:06:28 PM »
What about the amount of time it takes to shave?  Does it take longer to shave with this electric compared to a razor or headblade?   Is it complicated to use?  I will try this product sometime this summer.
Thanks for the review!!!

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
Re: Panasonic ES8077S Electric Shaver
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »
I found it did take a little longer just because i had to keep rinsing it to stop the headslick from foaming even more.   Not at all complicated to use at all. There is an on/off switch and if you press and hold it it goes into sonic mode but that is for cleaning only it says in the book that it can damage your skin.  I believe it the blade is moving so fast it looks like it isn't moving at all.  There is also a selector on the side to lock the head like a normal electric or soft mode that allows the head to move left and right up and down, then each of the 3 cutting heads and move left and right and up and down.