Author Topic: Strongly considering laser...a little different than some though--thoughts ?  (Read 10867 times)

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
can you be completely bald after laser treatment? like howie mandel bald or does it just thin your hair out and make your shadow lighter?

i want to get laser treatment so it takes all my hair away. front,back,side,side,top. everything. i dunno if thats possible.

There a lot of different factors that come into play.  The laser works best if you have dark hair and light skin.   The lighter your hair color, the less successful the treatment is likely to be.  It's extremely difficult to permanently remove 100% of your hair, so you'll probably always have to shave, though you will have less hair to shave, and hence, less shadow.  The worst case scenario is that you could end up having patchy hair loss -- completely bald in some spots and hairy in others where the hair was resistant to the laser.  Then you'd have a very oddly-patterned shadow to deal with.  Just something to think about.

Anyway, wasn't it just a week ago (or less) that you were worried about the prospect of being completely bald?

no i was worried about bald as in horseshoe. not completely like howie. its weird i know. ide either rather have a full head of hair or be completely hairless. not halfway bald.

Offline PikturePurfekt

• Sly Guy in Training
Bald Is Bald...I'd be stunned if someone walked past you and said I see he's bald but HOW bald is he, how much hair does he have left

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Bald Is Bald...I'd be stunned if someone walked past you and said I see he's bald but HOW bald is he, how much hair does he have left

well said.

Offline Some Guy

• Sly Jr.

well said.

It's probably true most people don't notice.  I think other bald guys probably take stock when they see another baldy. I know I do .  I think the totally hairless head looks good so that's what I'm going for.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
Hey Some Guy: that's one helluva bald head you got there already: lookin good O0

marty22

fantastic work there SOme Guy

Offline Some Guy

• Sly Jr.
Thanks. I'm pretty happy with it.  I just had my 2nd treatment on Friday.  The post-zapping redness lingered a bit longer, maybe 12 hours. 

BALDANDRE

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with it.  I just had my 2nd treatment on Friday.  The post-zapping redness lingered a bit longer, maybe 12 hours. 

Bald perfection bro!

That's one sweet naked dome you got there! O0

Lasering=GOOD!

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
Someguy, I'm curious as to what type of laser treatment you're using. I had my first treatment two weeks ago and really don't notice much.  I had IPL.

Offline Some Guy

• Sly Jr.
I think it was also IPL but there may be different types of lasers used for IPL.  I was looking on their (kinda cheezy) website for this info but am not finding it. 
http://www.clalaser.com

Offline Jez

• Sly Guy in Training
Hi guyz. Ive booked myself in for laser hair removal today, my first of 6 sessions, ill try and keep you all updated like Some Guy as to how its going etc.

Offline HateMyHairShadow

• Sly Guy in Training
I completely agree! I hate my dark shadow. It does not even look good after a close shave. Its killing me, both physically and emotionally.

It would be such a relief for me to dont have to shave every 24 hours and feel great about my self again.

Btw, Im 21 and as long as I have my hair shadow Im going to destroy my youth completely which will likely end with me killing myself in despair over that. And yes...Im serious.

can you be completely bald after laser treatment? like howie mandel bald or does it just thin your hair out and make your shadow lighter?

i want to get laser treatment so it takes all my hair away. front,back,side,side,top. everything. i dunno if thats possible.

There a lot of different factors that come into play.  The laser works best if you have dark hair and light skin.   The lighter your hair color, the less successful the treatment is likely to be.  It's extremely difficult to permanently remove 100% of your hair, so you'll probably always have to shave, though you will have less hair to shave, and hence, less shadow.  The worst case scenario is that you could end up having patchy hair loss -- completely bald in some spots and hairy in others where the hair was resistant to the laser.  Then you'd have a very oddly-patterned shadow to deal with.  Just something to think about.

Anyway, wasn't it just a week ago (or less) that you were worried about the prospect of being completely bald?

no i was worried about bald as in horseshoe. not completely like howie. its weird i know. ide either rather have a full head of hair or be completely hairless. not halfway bald.

marty22

Jez: keep us informed.

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
Laser update ---havent done it...yet... but hope to schedule something for the end of this month. How the rest of you guys doing with it ?
Oh and to the dude ho wants to kill himself over the shadow. Chill man...its only a shadow and its only hair.
Maybe you should try shaving against the grain ..that cuts it a lot closer.

Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
*bump....anyone with any updates ?
Shave your head.....free your mind.