Author Topic: the date sucked  (Read 8756 times)

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
the date sucked
« on: February 07, 2009, 10:36:06 PM »
a little advice NEVER go on a double date when your "buddy" apparently had a "thing" for the chik he introduced you to, and set the date up with. he basically stole my shine and competed with me the whole night for her attention, basically leaving me and his date just sitting there dumbfounded. i tried my hardest but lost. she was more into him cuz he doesnt stfu and has a HUGE ego. she dug that more than me being "myself" apparently. i dunno if i should be pissed at my buddy or just forget about this since its turning into the story of my life with girls lol. i swear i have the WORST luck. it had nothing to do with me either, cuz me and her got to the place first and were their for like half an hour before my buddy and his date arived soo.......she was really in to me during that time and even for awhile after my friend came but soon started getting more distant with me cuz he was all over her(not physically but mentally). i kinda just gave up.........

afterwords he said "he felt bad and is gonna back off and not even talk to her again" i think its too late tho. i dunno if i should give her another call or not.

she must not be into balding guys after all lol. j/k. it sucks tho.

i appreciate everyones advice though. the funny thing is i actually remembered everyones posts and used em haha. it wasnt a problem "being myself" i just wasnt "being my friend" who turned out to be the winner apparently.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:47:35 PM by Ghost1988 »

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
Re: the date sucked
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 10:57:11 PM »
Wow what a dick head.  That pisses me off and I wasn't even there.  That's a definite man law.  Don't f*** with another guys date friend or not.  Sorry for the language but that's kind of a pet peeve of mine.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 11:02:12 PM »
ya and the thing is he wasnt even trying to and i honestly believe that. its just his personality. he flirts with everyone without even realizing it. he genuinely did feel sorry after and apologized a million times but that doesnt change the fact.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 12:51:51 AM »
Oh, boy.  And here I thought from the subject line that things had gone well.   :-[

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 01:31:51 AM »
Double dates can be less intimidating than 1-1, but you hit a major snag and found one the drawbacks of group dating/ double dating...
you gotta have a wingman you can trust... or fly solo
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 04:36:58 AM »
Sorry things didn`t go well for you. Just remember it is not the end of the world.
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 05:55:45 AM »
Get back up the horse right away Ghost> Most importantly.....ditch that "friend". Trust me.... he is no friend.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline samoanseb8

• Sly Jr.
  • when life hands you lemons...?
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 06:19:32 AM »
Dude, first of all, tough break...I know the feeling...but at the same time, I'd say stay away from double dates for first dates to avoid this exact scenario. It's a bit daunting to go solo, I know, but first dates are basically interviews anyway...imagine having another person butt in all the time at a job interview...its going to suck and you're never really going to get to know the other person well enough to figure out if they are worth dating. Also, don't turn it around on yourself because if it is true she isn't into bald dudes, shes not worth pursuing anyway. A girl who would use a bald head as the determining factor of attraction definitely would have some deeper personal issues probably with her own physical insecurities. Girls generally are more interested in whether or not you have the whole package or not...I mean that literally and metaphorically hahah...but you seem like a good guy, but the only thing holding you back is using your baldness as a crutch, thinking girls won't like you simply because you are bald. If you have confidence, a sense of humor and always positive and smiling, you will do wonders with the ladies. If a girl ever eludes to my smooth chrome dome, I just tell them not to knock it till they rub it...which they always do...and always ends with the same reaction..."oooohhhhh"...pure gold...!!

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 06:22:44 AM »
If thats a friend, who needs enemies?  :Xo!
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Dman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 06:42:38 AM »
From the outside looking in, I think the date was a throw-away, and that hurst. BUT there were some critical and positive take-aways:

1) Regardless of how the date actually went, before the date you experienced a beautiful and dynamic young woman attracted to you and saying "yes" to going out with you. That does not change and is not open to debate. Logic and law of numbers says that will happen for you, again, and again. As long as you continue to put yourself out there.

2) The energy you felt and conveyed when you first posted that she said "yes" about going out with you - you were excited, even giddy:) That felt good, and it was contagious to those around you. Review and remember that feeling, and wear it as often as you can. I guarantee you the next lovely young woman will be looking twice at you shortly.

3) I am not buying your buddy's "not even aware he is doing it" shtick. Sorry :Xo! I don't think much needs to be done there, other than to be cognizant that you can now trust him a bit less than before and that you cannot rely on him around this type of need.

This was merely practice ground for the best that is to come.

Dman
Dman

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 06:55:26 AM »
From the outside looking in, I think the date was a throw-away, and that hurst. BUT there were some critical and positive take-aways:

1) Regardless of how the date actually went, before the date you experienced a beautiful and dynamic young woman attracted to you and saying "yes" to going out with you. That does not change and is not open to debate. Logic and law of numbers says that will happen for you, again, and again. As long as you continue to put yourself out there.

2) The energy you felt and conveyed when you first posted that she said "yes" about going out with you - you were excited, even giddy:) That felt good, and it was contagious to those around you. Review and remember that feeling, and wear it as often as you can. I guarantee you the next lovely young woman will be looking twice at you shortly.

3) I am not buying your buddy's "not even aware he is doing it" shtick. Sorry :Xo! I don't think much needs to be done there, other than to be cognizant that you can now trust him a bit less than before and that you cannot rely on him around this type of need.

This was merely practice ground for the best that is to come.

Dman

Good post!

marty22

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 07:19:45 AM »
double dates are generally a no-no on the lst date or even 2nd....funny things always happen

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 07:48:25 AM »
I met my wife on a "blind" double date.  So I don't think that they are a total waste.  But sometimes you have to go through a couple of duds before you find a good one.  I know that I sure did.

So hang in there Ghost.  Alot of us have been through the same types of things and eventually something works out.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 08:38:29 AM »
Ghost ~  It think the very wise Sly brothers have covered it all.  But I will emphasize the obvious: 

It's reasonably certain the young miss you went out with is not the single, solitary remaining elgible female on the planet.

Also, I think it is healthy to view these sorts of experiences as just that:  Experiences.  Life experiences, taken as a whole, add up to wisdom if we use them as lessons and not as roots of bitterness.  What did you learn?  (hypothetical question)   

Hang in there.   

Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 09:22:08 AM »
thanks everyone i appreciate it. would it be a bad idea to try and set up a "one on one" second date with her or no? she never said "im not interested in you" she just got reeled into my friends personality more at the time.

Enter your email address: