Author Topic: the date sucked  (Read 8609 times)

Offline Dman

• Sly Jr.
Re: the date sucked
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 09:32:09 AM »
Actually, THAt sounds like a great antidote. What have you got to lose? Worse case scenario, you confirm what you suspect. But better case scenario, you find out that despite your "friends" efforts, she is still digging you.

I have this vision of that happening, and you driving home all pumped-up, knowing that your buddy's efforts were in vein, and that you rose to the top!

Dman

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 09:32:33 AM »
What's to lose by asking?  

Oh, yeah.  One other question:  What did your buddy's date think of him flirting with your date?  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 09:54:25 AM by MLNHD »
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 09:37:30 AM »
What's too lose by asking?  

Oh, yeah.  One other question:  What did your buddy's date think of him flirting with your date?  

it was kind of an unfair situation cuz his date was actually more of a "friend" to begin with so he wasnt losing out on much. thats why it was so harsh because it was actually soposed to be my date that he kind of ruined lol.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 09:39:28 AM »
Ghost,

Sorry to hear that your date went bad but I have a curious question for you. If his date and yourself were dumb founded, then why didn't you strike up the conversation with he and see what happens there?
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 09:40:45 AM »
Ghost,

Sorry to hear that your date went bad but I have a curious question for you. If his date and yourself were dumb founded, then why didn't you strike up the conversation with he and see what happens there?

haha his "date" was OBNOXIOUS lol. she annoyed me all night. thats a good question though lol. if i could tolerate her i prolly would have made a move.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 09:46:11 AM »
You had a date, it wasn't a marriage.  Sure your "buddy" is an "_ss" but there will be more dates, and lots of them--and remember God loves _ssholes, look how many he made.  This was just you're first date proudly Sly--and it didn't turn on your slyness but other issues.  Get on with life, date anyone and everyone you take a fancy to-I don't agree that you can't have an interest in your buddy's date unless they have a commitment that they publish to the world.  
Now this doesn't fit exactly for a guy, but what I told my daughters early on in the dating game has the same message, "You're going to kiss a lot of frogs before you find the Prince!"  Your princess is out there, go find her and have fun doing it.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 09:54:08 AM »
You had a date, it wasn't a marriage.  Sure your "buddy" is an "_ss" but there will be more dates, and lots of them--and remember God loves _ssholes, look how many he made.  This was just you're first date proudly Sly--and it didn't turn on your slyness but other issues.  Get on with life, date anyone and everyone you take a fancy to-I don't agree that you can't have an interest in your buddy's date unless they have a commitment that they publish to the world.  
Now this doesn't fit exactly for a guy, but what I told my daughters early on in the dating game has the same message, "You're going to kiss a lot of frogs before you find the Prince!"  Your princess is out there, go find her and have fun doing it.

thats actually really good advice saint. ive heard that saying to  O0.

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 11:21:29 AM »
Ghost ...   You've gotten lots of good advice from the sly brothers.

My only additional comment about "her" is that if you're still interested in her your best angle is to just ignore her.  I'm sure she picked up the vibe that you liked her.  She chose to follow your friends lead, but he doesn't seem like that a great guy given what he did to you.  She will likely realize that he's an a$$hole and remember that you were a nicer guy.  So, let it rest for a while and then see if you can "bump into her" somewhere in a while.
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Pshrynk

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 11:53:07 AM »
Oh, boy.  And here I thought from the subject line that things had gone well.   :-[

rimshot ----  badum tshhhhhhh

http://www.instantrimshot.com/

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 12:03:44 PM »
Oh, boy.  And here I thought from the subject line that things had gone well.   :-[

rimshot ----  badum tshhhhhhh

http://www.instantrimshot.com/

???

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2009, 12:08:16 PM »
God loves _ssholes, look how many he made.
 O0

Well said Saint, Dman...

Ghost, your "friend" is a tool. I'd wager that's not an ego you're seeing, it's insecurity and immaturity.
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2009, 12:09:32 PM »

That's some of your best material RazorX   :*))
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2009, 12:44:34 PM »

That's some of your best material RazorX   :*))

Cold, snide, but really funny :D :D ;D ;D

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 06:59:14 AM »
Dating is a numbers game. Its like Poker. About half of the game is determined by the draw, and theres nothing you can do about it. Then the other half is mental. How you talk to her, how the environment is, how shes feeling, how shes reacting, etc. And its different with each girl/hand.

Just like poker, some hands you have to fold before you even see the flop, some you get pot committed, and sometimes you hit big.

If you play, this makes more sense. if not, then it just looks like i threw a bunch of words at you. haha ;D
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 07:00:17 AM »
Dating is a numbers game. Its like Poker. About half of the game is determined by the draw, and theres nothing you can do about it. Then the other half is mental. How you talk to her, how the environment is, how shes feeling, how shes reacting, etc. And its different with each girl/hand.

Just like poker, some hands you have to fold before you even see the flop, some you get pot committed, and sometimes you hit big.

If you play, this makes more sense. if not, then it just looks like i threw a bunch of words at you. haha ;D

P.S: Ditch the douchebag friend. IMHO.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Enter your email address: