Author Topic: Was shaving your head freeing?  (Read 4730 times)

Offline hullboy22

• Learning the way of Sly
Was shaving your head freeing?
« on: February 07, 2009, 04:49:10 PM »
Hello, all,
Just a question to any guys here who shaved their head (so it's a skin head) due to suffering from hair loss, either alopecia or just thinning (I'm suffering from the latter). Did you find shaving it all off freeing? I'm reluctant to shave it but just get the impression that some guys who take this step then kind of know something those of us who continue to struggle with trying to keep their hair don't, if you understand what I mean? Am I not in on the secret? :)

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
Re: Was shaving your head freeing?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 04:58:10 PM »
Hi, first welcome to the group.

I have suffered from hair thinning for about 4 years.   It's not an exaggeration to say that those were the worst 4 years of my life.  Shaving has brought me a sense of peace that I didn't feel for those 4 years.  Well,  I have been shaving for 5 months and I have enjoyed it very much.   I don't think I will go back to growing my hair.
Once you shave your head all you will think is why didn't I do it earlier? I hope you stay around and give yourself the chance to have a shaved head. 

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 05:44:27 PM »
Welcome to the Forum HB!!

If you read some of the threads on this Forum that MANY of the members have dealt with thinning hair/male pattern baldness.

Chek out some threads and you'll find a lot of good info.

By the way........ the answer to your question is that YES!!!! it is freeing!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 05:48:17 PM »
Welcome, Hullboy ~  

Is shaving your head freeing?  Ah, my thinning friend, you too can experience the reality of freedom from fighting a losing battle!  Yes, indeed, it is freeing.  It is also bold, and shaving your head deals a death blow to the tyranny of male pattern baldness.  Sly becomes your CHOICE of style.  You are very perceptive to observe that you are in on "the secret."  To fully realize it, however, you must take razor to noggin.    
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline Boots

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »
For me, it was freeing in the way that I have taken control of my own destiny.  I was losing the war, so I ended it once and for all, in a Little Boy/Fat Man kind of way.

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 06:19:48 PM »
Welcome Hull!

Not only is it freeing, its like taking control of your life and making it go your way. I honestly believe that after you do it, (and this will sound odd and cliche) things will start happening for you. Its like everything about you changes, just because you remove the burden of thinning hair. Confidence skyrockets when someone tells you it looks good, you pick up a swagger, people look at you differently.... Honestly, it was a life changing experience for me.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 07:51:32 PM »
HELLO, YES--and it really happens when you've rinsed the last shave creme off and it is SO SMOOTH like a baby's butt--Try  it you'll like it O0 O0 O0 8) 8) 8)

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 07:57:38 PM »
You will never understand the freedom and that sense of pure exileration until you take that first step and just shave it off.  It really is something that you have to experience yourself.  It also seems that the longer you struggle with hair loss, the greater the feeling is when you finally let go and just do it.

Give it a shot.  It is an incredible feeling! O0
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 06:16:10 AM by SLYinKC »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 08:43:51 PM »
I think that shaving is a freeing feeling no matter what. I'm not balding in any way, but it still feels damn liberating to me.  O0

Offline hullboy22

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 02:36:40 AM »
Thanks, a lot, guys. Very helpful and will give me something to ponder.

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 04:00:27 AM »
I have not MPB and shave for pleasure. And yes, it's VERY freeing.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 06:26:36 AM »
Absolutely totally and definitely.
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 10:19:12 AM »
Yes, hullboy, the feeling of freedom is palpable. You will feel as though a weight has been lifted. Many of our fellow bro's who have skin conditions can attest to this fact as well.
Give it a try, I'm sure you will love it.   O0

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 10:22:42 AM »
Yeah: sure was freeing, even though I wasnt actually balding, somehow getting rid of hair on the dome is liberating O0

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 06:55:12 PM »
Yes it is freeing.

And if you are a little fearful of what other people might say, then that's all the more reason to take razor to dome.

Bean