Author Topic: Was shaving your head freeing?  (Read 4729 times)

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Was shaving your head freeing?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 07:00:15 PM »
Like the others on here, yes it was.
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 07:05:43 PM »
yes its definately freeing but ill be honest with you. i still have "off" days about it. days where im not happy with it. all-in-all though a balding shadow is better than balding hair so thats what i keep trying to remember. plus.....a balding shadow isnt nearly as noticeable to people as hair. especially in bright lights, sun, etc.  O0

Offline 20, bald, and loving it

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 08:35:40 PM »
yes it helped me take control and I gained a lot of confidence by doing it. And this board helps a lot.

Offline jmcmana

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 11:18:40 PM »
Oh man, you can not begin to fathom the weight that came off my shoulders when I did it.

I had pretty bad anxiety about going bald, but once I shaved it off, I felt amazing. I felt like I grabbed a problem, and literally flushed it down the sink. Like my man said above- it gave me a swagger, I lost the anxiety of people looking at my head and embraced it.
"Get your shine on"

Offline Phil Man

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 11:44:59 PM »
To be honest I felt naked when I first took it off... then again after some time I thought why would I feel uncomfortable without hair if I've been going out for the past few years with less and less covers on top?

Its the equivalent of a someone being uncomfortable being nude but who feels slightly more secure just wearing assless chaps. (weird analogy but you get the point :P )

BaldBradley

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 05:14:50 PM »
Very freeing, the first time I shaved my head I remember looking In the mirror and thinking this us the real me.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 09:19:10 PM »
Seriously... freedom from bondage to hair and the opinions of others!  O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Enter your email address: