Author Topic: 2 different kinds of Headslick?  (Read 4434 times)

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
2 different kinds of Headslick?
« on: February 06, 2009, 07:08:42 AM »
I recently noticed that I have two different bottles of Headslick. The one with the spanish writing seems to be less thick than the one without. They both lather up fine, but I'm curious which version is newer. Does anyone know more about this? ???

"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline Tyro

• Sly
Re: 2 different kinds of Headslick?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 07:21:45 AM »
Hey Ryan!  O0
Did you check the bottom of containers? There should be an expiration date. I've never had one with both English/Spanish. That could be the
newer one. I do find that the product thickens up the longer you keep.

"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choice." -George Eliot

Offline PikturePurfekt

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 07:13:50 PM »
I believe that it's not spanish but rather French... Being Canadian this is the stuff that's sold around here, whether its different I don't have the other to compare against.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 08:47:01 PM »
That's funny....I have 2 different versions of Headslick also and they are both in English, one is mentholated and the other is not......Hmmmmm..... :-\

GASlick

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 08:48:17 PM »
I've never noticed.   The one I have in the shower now is mentholated.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 09:42:04 AM »
I thought it only came in mentholated as well. I just finished my first container last week, which I had since I started shaving the noggin' in '07. 
It was the same consistency throughout. Never had any problem. 

Offline HeadBladeMac

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 01:11:14 PM »
Hey guys.  We have never changed the formula on HeadSlick since we came out with the product.  There has never been a non-mentholated version.  On our old packaging with the bottle with flip-top it just didn't read "mentholated" anywhere on the artwork.  When we came out with the new bottle with the push-pull cap we decided to include that on the new artwork.

The bottle which is bilingual French/English is the exact same product as the English only bottle.  It may be that the product has settled over time if you've had it for a while.

Mac

Offline THier

• Super Sly
  • Sorry for bad camera phone pic,,
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 03:34:50 PM »
Hey guys.  We have never changed the formula on HeadSlick since we came out with the product.  There has never been a non-mentholated version.  On our old packaging with the bottle with flip-top it just didn't read "mentholated" anywhere on the artwork.  When we came out with the new bottle with the push-pull cap we decided to include that on the new artwork.

The bottle which is bilingual French/English is the exact same product as the English only bottle.  It may be that the product has settled over time if you've had it for a while.

Mac

Hmmm,, I guess it is a good thing I shake mine huh?

Tom

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 04:33:55 PM »
when you use something mentholated in the shower and the excess suds and water  run down doesn't that create a problem in a certain area.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 04:48:30 PM »
when you use something mentholated in the shower and the excess suds and water  run down doesn't that create a problem in a certain area.

Not in my case for the last 4+ years.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

parksie

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 07:51:13 PM »
I use headslick all the time in the in shower and most times I dont have issues with it going into my eyes.  The only time I did was when I started to use the brush (I put the cream too far on top of my head and it ran down) If I start at the back of the head and work my way forward with the brush I have no issues.  O0

Offline THier

• Super Sly
  • Sorry for bad camera phone pic,,
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 01:32:04 AM »
I use headslick all the time in the in shower and most times I dont have issues with it going into my eyes.  The only time I did was when I started to use the brush (I put the cream too far on top of my head and it ran down) If I start at the back of the head and work my way forward with the brush I have no issues.  O0

Not sure that was the "area" he was asking about,  :o :o.  No it doesn't cause any problems in any "area" for me.

Tom

Offline lostnfound21

• Sly Jr.
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 12:04:48 PM »

Not sure that was the "area" he was asking about,  :o :o.  No it doesn't cause any problems in any "area" for me.

Tom

lol

Definitely not the area he was referring to.

I don't have any problems either. Headslick may be the best shaving cream I've ever used.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 12:23:33 PM »
Haven't had a problem in that "area" as well, lol.

HeadSlick is my mainstay product, and allows a consistently smooth and comfortable shave.   O0

parksie

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 07:39:45 PM »
Maybe that one had just gone over this guys  sly dome a little to fast!!   :*)) O0

Enter your email address: