Author Topic: stupid Mach 3?  (Read 2410 times)

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
stupid Mach 3?
« on: February 19, 2009, 02:26:39 PM »
I am confused.   Let's see if anyone else goes through similar experiences.

Ok, so once a while when I shave with my Mach 3 (with Bald Guyz shave gel) I get a terrible head
shave.   I have to go over the same spot so many times and the stupid mach 3 razor chooses to make
some spots really smooth and others not so.

Ok, so yesterday I said ok this is the last chance I give to my Mach 3 blade.  If it doesn't give me a good
shave I am done with this thing.  So, I use the blade that had been used twice previously and got an amazing shave.  I was very happy with the results because this time the blade made everywhere smooth and not a selection.   This leaves me confused.   :/O

I don't know if I am doing something different once a while, but for every 3 shaves I get one where I am not satisfied.   

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: stupid Mach 3?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 04:18:20 PM »
Sometimes you just have bad shaves. It happens to me also.
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

parksie

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 04:20:24 PM »
A bad shave just means you  can shave again sooner!  O0

Offline aleutiancowboy

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 12:18:59 AM »
Simple skip every third shave or shave with another razor  ;D  Really sometimes you just don't get as good as shave as the other one but oh well.
THERE ARE NO SMALL BRAINS JUST BIG HEADS

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 04:47:36 AM »
The law of averages my friend.................. you should know that since you're a Math Guy!!!!! :*)) ;)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 05:34:07 PM »
Ok, I shaved my head a few hours ago with a Mach 3 blade that was used previously 3 times on my head.
Today, once again a great head shave!!!  I don't know anymore lol...........whatever is happening
and Mike(koz13) you got me there lol  ;D  how could I forget the law of averages?
Well, the only problem I have with the law of averages is every time I get a perfect head shave that means something bad will happen next time to converge to the average head shave.   >:(

No seriously,  I am thinking maybe new Mach 3 blades don't go well on my head.  Maybe I  need to use used blades to get a better shave.   Now, that's dumb logic  but that's what I am left with. 
TANK25-----------do you get some bad shaves even with Bald Guys shave gel?

parksie

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 06:24:56 PM »
Are you getting the bad shaves when you shave in the morning after you just wake up?   

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 06:39:17 PM »
math its the new blades. the same thing happens with me. i actually get my smoothest shadowless shaves after my blades have been used a couple times. also...the best shaves i have EVER gotten have been after i let my hair grow for 4-5 days then shave. im almost shadowless and babys butt smooth afterwords lol. i dunno why that is but its weird. its almost like the razor cuts deeper or pulls the hairs out or something.

i find my worse shaves are when i try to shave every day when theres not enough hair to shave yet. i just irritate the hell out of my head. sometimes even every other day is too much. i usually dont go longer than that though.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 07:41:19 PM »
Are you getting the bad shaves when you shave in the morning after you just wake up?   

I shave around 5 o'clock in the evening.   

Ghost,  there we go!!! lol   The last time I shaved was Tuesday so when I shaved today it's been 5 days and yeah like you said I got the best shave.   Oh man for the shaving everyday OUCH lol.   I have tried that once and will never do it again.   It's not worth it for me.     
Great to hear though, so maybe I will use a new Mach 3 blade on my face 2 to 3 times before using it on my head. 

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 07:52:32 PM »
yep yep. its not convenient for people that want to shave everyday (like me) but shaving every 4 days or so will give you the best result. the longer you go before shaving again the smoothest, shadowless, and nicest your head will look.

like i said. i get the worst shave if i shave the next day or even 2 days later.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 09:04:42 PM »
Ok, lurkers and members the mystery is solved.   :)

Today I used a new Mach III blade and got the best shave I could wish for. 
About 4 to 6 weeks ago I remembered GASlick and Razorx saying they shave only against the grain. 
Well, that's what I was doing for the past 4 weeks.
But for the past 2 shaves I have gone back to my old style shaving with the grain first, and then shaving against
the grain.   That solves my problem.  I noticed today that shaving against the grain is much easier for me if I have done with the grain first.    This way the mighty Mach III will do a fantastic job.   :)

Offline shdouble

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 10:37:36 PM »
I agree I started shaving with first then against and it seems to be a better shave.

Enter your email address: