Author Topic: What do you do at work for exercise?  (Read 11483 times)

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
What do you do at work for exercise?
« on: November 30, 2008, 03:18:31 PM »
As stated above, what do you do? Well I found a way to work in a really good hour and a half of upper body exercise at least twice a week at work.

All of our stock comes in those really thick copper stapled reinforced cardboard boxes. To get rid of them I have to stack them and ship them off on dollies.

Well that's a hell of a lot of tape to be using to make packs, so I got the bright idea of breaking the boxes down and rolling them up, and shoving them inside the larger boxes. When I started I was kinda pissed about something and a little stressed out so I wasn't really aware of what I was doing but the day after my forearms and hands killed! So I figure it's going to be pretty good for me.

Have any of you discovered small ways to get a little exercise at work?

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: What do you do at work for exercise?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 09:56:31 AM »
I am on my feet all day long. I am 6ft plus in height and weigh 157 lbs.

Dont think I need exercise. I need to put some weight on. Any tips anyone.
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 10:13:45 AM »

Everybody needs exercise.  It isn't just about losing weight; it's about keeping fit.  If you want to bulk up, start lifting weights and eating more protein.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 10:18:12 AM »
Lots of typing.  :-[

I do try to get up and take a brisk walk at least a few times a week.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 10:33:07 AM »

Everybody needs exercise.  It isn't just about losing weight; it's about keeping fit.  If you want to bulk up, start lifting weights and eating more protein.

Might just do that. My work has a corporate gym membership so I can go for free
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 11:29:39 AM »

OK; no excuses then.  Free membership and a wife who will cook all the protein-packed meals you desire.   ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 11:33:06 AM by RazorX »

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 11:31:41 AM »

OK; no excuses then.  Free membership and a wife who will cook all the protein-packed meals you desire.   ;)
[/quot

LOL OK m8. I could do with you as my personal trainer. Keep me on my toes and motivated

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 11:51:03 AM »
I turned one of our conference rooms into an indoor golf range with video. 10' net to the ceiling. Video from 2 angles (up the line and face on) set on a 4 second delay so you swing and then immediately look in the monitor to see yourself swing.

Very nice and keeps us stretched and in shape during these long cold miserable NE winters.

COMON SPRING!!!!
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 12:00:03 PM »
I turned one of our conference rooms into an indoor golf range with video. 10' net to the ceiling. Video from 2 angles (up the line and face on) set on a 4 second delay so you swing and then immediately look in the monitor to see yourself swing.

Very nice and keeps us stretched and in shape during these long cold miserable NE winters.

COMON SPRING!!!!

Genius, Cheese.. genius.
We have two spare LCD screens at work that I'm trying to repurpose into something fun.  You have just given me a brilliant idea!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 12:08:25 PM »

LOL OK m8. I could do with you as my personal trainer. Keep me on my toes and motivated

Deal.  Now hit the floor and give me 50 push-ups.   :popo

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 12:16:12 PM »

COMON SPRING!!!!

Genius, Cheese.. genius.
We have two spare LCD screens at work that I'm trying to repurpose into something fun.  You have just given me a brilliant idea!

If you need help with any video stuff just PM me.
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline rodubls

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 10:16:51 PM »
I used to walk everywhere on campus when I was in school and now that I am in the office most of the day, I do a few extra things in addition to my regular fitness routine to offset the reduced amount of walking and activity. First, I take the stairs, sometimes 8 flights if I have to park on the roof, and at lunch, since my tower is connected to a mall, I will take a long walk. Helps get your mind off work and get the blood pumping. Just make sure you have comfy shoes.

I was really surprised how active I was in college just walking back and forth to various places around campus compared to being in my office. It makes a big difference.
Buck:

"I'm on the gravy train with biscuit wheels!"

"I like to hump, I like to eat, and I don't like to drive."

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 01:36:12 AM »
http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/l/blofficeworkout.htm

Have a look at the link, it shows some very basic exercises you can do, also if you have a pretty easy going office, try sitting on a gym ball/swiss ball, it will make you steady yourself with your core and you will certainly feel it by the end of the day!!!  !i#t

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 04:24:53 AM »

Have a look at the link, it shows some very basic exercises you can do, also if you have a pretty easy going office, try sitting on a gym ball/swiss ball, it will make you steady yourself with your core and you will certainly feel it by the end of the day!!!  !i#t

I tried to talk my boss into getting some Swiss ball chairs for us, but he wouldn't go for it.   :(

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 09:46:21 AM »
There is a park close to my job....I go out there and shoot a few baskets at lunch sometimes. Sometimes I will drag a coworker out there for a game of horse or something...I dont want to get too sweaty though as we dont have showers at my job . I also take some buddies to a closeby driving range. I amy need some Under Armor  coldgear to continue this stuff though... 
Shave your head.....free your mind.