Author Topic: Wow! Exfoliating!  (Read 10268 times)

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
Wow! Exfoliating!
« on: October 02, 2008, 12:05:26 PM »
Being a typical dude, and an Ogre, I must admit that when I first read about exfoliating  here on the SBG site, my initial reaction was "What kinda sissy crap is this?! Chicks Exfoliate!!" But, I took the chance, and followed what seems to be the SBG credo in any situation "Try it for 30 days, and if you don't like it, stop."

I'm about 3 weeks in now, and I see some pretty significant changes. The change I appreciate most is that there is far less gunk in my razor when I shave. The change wasn't immediate, it took a little over a week for me, but it's gotten to the point where when I shave, there's just hair and shaving oil in the razor. I haven't had to use the extra toothbrush I kept for cleaning the gunk out of the razor in a few shaves, now. My face and head are softer, and I swear I'm getting a closer, cleaner shave.

So - I'm hooked. And if your attitude was anything like mine was - Try it for 30 days like I did, and I bet you'll be hooked, too! O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Wow! Exfoliating!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 12:33:19 PM »
REAL MEN EXFOLIATE DAMNIT!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 12:39:09 PM »
Yes, I do....every couple of days.... O0

Offline captain blackleg

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 01:30:19 PM »
I've been using HeadShed for a couple weeks now, its made a big difference. As always, if it works on my head I'll use it on my face, and sure enough its helped on my face as well.

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 09:13:55 AM »
I've been using HeadShed for a couple weeks now, its made a big difference. As always, if it works on my head I'll use it on my face, and sure enough its helped on my face as well.

Glad to know that works for you. I am very close to placing my first order with the HB company for a few of their shaving lotions and such. Very excited to be trying new things  O0

Offline Thompson

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 12:44:42 PM »
Can someone,please,explain what "exfoliate" means?

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 12:53:09 PM »
Sure, bud. There are many exfoliating products available, and you should be able to easily find it in your local grocery/drug store. What it is - is basically liquid soap of some sort mixed with a mild abrasive (usually ground up walnut shells) that gently removes dead skin cells and such from your body (or in this case, your face and noggin.)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 01:00:58 PM »
I still say grab the orbital sander and your problems will be solved..........

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 01:26:29 PM »

Here you go - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exfoliant
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Shaf

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 03:08:26 PM »
I seem to use my exfoliant once every week or even two weeks but that seems to be enough and really helps some in keeping really really smooth to the touch.  Face and dome same product for nearly five years.  ;)

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 03:33:08 PM »
I still say grab the orbital sander and your problems will be solved..........

Dude you have spent entirely tooooooooomuch time at your local
 home improvement store :*))
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 05:36:44 PM »
I exfoliate every morning because it feels so good  :D  :D
I see that most of the guys do it every other day, or once a week.  Is it bad for the skin to do it daily?

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 06:27:01 PM »
Time, that all depends on your skin. A lot of females exfoliate their face twice a day. It is actually good for the skin. If you have been using it everyday and your scalp has had no irritation or any type of negative reaction, then you have nothing to worry about....it's not going to harm you.

Offline Hysteria

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 06:31:43 PM »
No need to buy expensive x-foliaters (headblade, etc...).  Try "Every Man Jack" face scrub from Target....

If you cant trust a cop....who can u trust?

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 11:52:50 PM »
No need to buy expensive x-foliaters (headblade, etc...).  Try "Every Man Jack" face scrub from Target....

If you cant trust a cop....who can u trust?

Grrr...no Targets here. I did just ask my local Walgreens to order some Head Shed, though. I picked up a couple of other Headblade shaving/moisturizing products while I was there...reviews forthcoming.