Author Topic: Thinking about growing it back...  (Read 12271 times)

teenthatshavessometimes

Re: Thinking about growing it back...
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2008, 12:30:01 PM »
well yeah i guess so,,,,,,, but still

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2008, 12:32:16 PM »
well yeah i guess so,,,,,,, but still

No but's .... listen to your elders, young grasshopper!   @c3

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2008, 07:00:35 PM »
well, my elders are very helpful,,,,, but some of the grasshopers have haior and make fun of me and ask me if i have cancer :(

Northernlion

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2008, 09:25:51 AM »
They make fun of you because they're insecure.

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2008, 11:01:06 AM »
yes thats true.
its still very hurtful
but i will get over it
one way or another
i got a headblade!

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2008, 11:14:37 AM »
Perhaps I'm still not comfortable in my skin.

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2008, 11:30:12 AM »
well, it really think you should stay sly. im even younger, and i am sly, i got a couple of looks at walmart, but most people didnt notice or care. but its all up to you.

i actually saw at least 10 other chrome domes at walmart. it was really cool :popo ;D O0

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2008, 05:49:59 PM »
If you guys feel THAT uncomfortable being sly then grow it back.  And if either of you cant grow a full head of hair...than ask yourself if you felt uncomfortable losing your hair ? think about what made you shave to begin with.   Heres the thing...some people will make fun of you losng your hair. Some people will make fun of you bald..
some people will make fun of your hairstyle even if you have a full head of hair...
So the bottom line is...does it really matter what other people will do/say ? This is why its important to do what YOU want to do.  There are some people in this world who will always bust balls...if it isnt your hair it would be something else.
Stay true to yourself and wear what makes YOU happiest  looking in the mirror everyday. For me ? SLY...no question...and there is not a person on this planet who could change my mind. 
Shave your head.....free your mind.

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2008, 05:58:40 PM »
yes, thats true, and i have a full head of hair, it was totally my choise!

Northernlion

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2008, 06:41:19 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the issue is with the slyness, it's the way you're looking at things. When I started high school I was maybe 20lbs overweight and totally unconfident. I always thought that if I had a six-pack I would walk way taller. So one day I just decided to go hardcore into nutrition and fitness. I lost probably 30lbs of fat and replaced it with muscle in less than a year (a lot of it was probably me getting taller, too) but I found I didn't really FEEL any more confident even though I looked totally different.

Confidence moves from the INSIDE OUT not from the OUTSIDE IN.

There are people I know who are hideous looking, horseshoe, morbidly obese and so on but they're totally 100% cool with themselves. I also know people who are gorgeous but completely uncomfortable in their own bodies.

The problem isn't that you're sly it's that you're interpreting things incorrectly. A good friend once had a conversation with me about this when I was going through the same thing. I always thought that people were judging me and out to get me. He said, "Can anyone look at you and expect to know what you're thinking about them?". Point taken.

Regrowing your hair would be treating the symptoms instead of the cause.

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2008, 08:34:04 PM »
thanks, that really help me out:D

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2008, 09:08:13 PM »
Its deeper than hair... I've never been confident.  I need to make a lot of changes.

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2008, 09:11:24 PM »
im still not confident really, i am a little, but its sometim=ng i need to work on

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2008, 09:16:25 PM »
You are stressing far way too much bro.  You just mentioned that you seen a few other slys at walmart adn thought it was cool.  You mentioned that you got a few looks while at walmart.  Were they just looks with comments or just looks?  No possible way you can read the minds of others.  They could just be looking at you and thinking...wow he has a great looking head..  but seriously bro....chill out.  Do the 30 day rule and be done with it.  If on the 30th day you still arent comfortable....grow it back and shave when you want to shave, I wouldnt make a big issue of it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 09:25:48 PM by TimmJ »

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2008, 09:25:54 PM »
thanks timmmj. i am still a little uncomfortable with the idea of being bald at school. my oreientation is tuesday, idk if i will be completly bald or in need of a shave

Enter your email address: