Author Topic: Thinking about growing it back...  (Read 12270 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Thinking about growing it back...
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 10:39:42 PM »
sadly, i doubt it
i have school in slighly more than 1 week
and a wedding right before that.
i still never show my dome in public
i can imagine it in school!
 :popo ;D O0

There is no point in having a bald dome if you don't show it in public.  I know it can be difficult in the beginning, but it's something you've got to get used to if you're going to be bald.

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 10:39:42 PM »
thanks for the update
where can i get a copy of this sly guys handbook!?

BALDANDRE

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 10:43:32 PM »
Don't worry...just like the ancient indian tribes...it's all spoken through elders here and years of our experience..

just listen up to what all us old baldies have to say..

we'll learn ya! ;)

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 10:51:20 PM »
well, its just that i am sooooo young, and that its so out of the ordonairy, i mean, society will ajust, but i dread the day when people see me bald

and seriously i would like to read that book, caould someone post the "rules"

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 11:00:23 PM »
well, its just that i am sooooo young, and that its so out of the ordonairy, i mean, society will ajust, but i dread the day when people see me bald

It's normal to feel that way.  It's something you get used to as time goes by.  Start by going out in public without a hat, around people who don't know you.  You might feel uncomfortable for a minute or two, but it quickly passes because who really cares what complete strangers who you will never see again think?  Then you let your friends and family see it.  It's a little awkward at first, but you just have to force yourself to do it.  It's never as bad as you think it's going to be. 

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 11:09:46 PM »
yeah, i know, but still i am nervous. i need more advice to help biuld my sly confidence, help!

Offline Ryan

• Sly Jr.
  • Canadian GSG
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 11:29:43 PM »
Dog and teen,

I think you just need to remind yourselves of two things:

First, you're far more aware of the fact that your head is bald because you're still getting used to it.  Consequently, you're thinking people are staring at you when they probably aren't.  Which leads to the second point: people aren't nearly as concerned with your appearance as you are. 

Sure, maybe being young and having a shaved head is unusual, but probably less so than those with 17 facial piercings and 10 inch multi-coloured mohawks.

What do you think the odds are of random people on the street going home to their families and saying "I saw this young guy at the store today with a bald head, and did he ever look freaky"?  No offense, but don't flatter yourselves.

I will concede that kids in high school, however, seem to enjoy criticizing those who are different.  Often though, it's in retaliation for them being criticized by others.  And in the long run, their opinion just isn't worth worrying about.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 11:43:37 PM by Ryan »

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 11:41:57 PM »
thanks. im getting a little stronger, but i still need help, and thank you all you have helped me soooooooo much

Northernlion

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2008, 12:49:57 AM »
I don't mean to be offensive but suck it up.

I mean the entire reason you guys are covering up/growing it back is to avoid criticism from other people. Would you rather be validated in other people's eyes or your own?

I get looks all the time and I relish them. I don't know about other SBGs but when I can tell that people go into the 'judgemental' mode I relish it. I tend to go super bad ass and stare them down.

Did you shave your head to remove yourself from the personal pain of thinning hair to to remove yourself from the judgement of those who would say you had thinning hair!

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2008, 01:28:42 AM »
well, i have a full head of hair. i shaved it because i wanted to :popo ;D O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2008, 01:51:05 AM »
well, i have a full head of hair. i shaved it because i wanted to :popo ;D O0

All the more reason to stick to your guns.

Offline Christian

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2008, 06:52:42 AM »
I wish I had the courage to shave my head when I was in school. I never did. First I did it during the time in university and especially at my job my boss didn't like it at all. But they got used to it. I was always proud to shave my head.
Still I let it grow back 2 times but more than a year ago I deciced to stay bald ... no matter what. I still think it was the right decision. Everybody got used to it and not many people seem to care. Yes ... sometimes there are looks. But be proud! You got the courage that not every man has!

I think it looks great when also young guys shave their head and show that they love the sly look!
If I would see you on the street I also would kind of "stare" but only because I would think: Great! I wish I did it when I was that young!

Stay bald and show it!  O0

Offline Moon

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Silence is Golden, Duct tape is silver.
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2008, 07:30:24 AM »
Bro.
I lost my hair in a bet and it was the best lost bet I have made.  I shave my head now for myself not for others.  I dont shave everyday and sometimes I will go a week or so then mow it back down with trimmers then knock it back off with a razor.  Just depends on how it feels.  The thing with others...  There is two types, one is they wish they had the balls and two the ones with conceit and are vain.  Do what you want and be who you are.  With hair or not you are you no matter what others see.

Peace bro.

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2008, 12:24:17 PM »
its still really difficult to stick out that much

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2008, 12:27:46 PM »
its still really difficult to stick out that much

You don't stick out as much as you might think.  The rest of the world isn't as focused on you and your hairstyle as you are.  We all expect a huge reaction when we first shave our heads and usually it's not a big deal to the people around us at all.

Enter your email address: