Author Topic: What are the best/worst thing(s) said to you after going sly ?  (Read 14112 times)

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
I thought this would be an interesting thread. 
The best thing someone said to me was that if they were to ever lose their hair they would wear it exactly like me.  (this as in the presence of a few other balding guys)...I thought this was cool and took it as he was sort of admiring the way I took control of the situation. 
Another was a pretty girl I work with telling me the look really suits me.

The worst thing...hmmm.....I would say probably a non reaction from someone who is a work friend.  I guess that would mean she doesnt like it or doesnt know what to say ? I dunno...
A close second would be a neighbor of mine saying..."what happened to your hair ? and then sort of chuckling"..

Shave your head.....free your mind.

MikeyDude

Re: What are the best/worst thing(s) said to you after going sly ?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 08:22:18 PM »
Not a lot of people have seen mine yet, but so far the worst was, "If it makes you happy." I'm going to a party tomorrow with some good friends... we'll se how good then... lol.

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »
WTF? I think that was the worst thing, said to my face anyway. :*))
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

GASlick

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 08:34:17 PM »
My dad and I were talking about food one afternoon and he said "maybe you can find something to eat that'll grow your hair back."

I told him I have a whole head of hair, I choose to have it this way.  He's as big a smartass as I am.

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 11:24:25 PM »
A coworker told me she couldn't even picture me with hair (and she met me with hair, albeit SHORT hair).
A friend/coworker told me that I looked like an idiot. (The funny thing is what people say about his hair when he isn't around to hear it)
My boss (a guy) was cracking some light hearted jokes about my head when I suggested he touch it. "Oh, I know what it's like! Bump bump bump, scratch!" I insisted he touch my head, and he was amazed! Then everyone chimed in and was asking me if I shine or wax my head...how hard is it to keep bald?

Most people don't seem to mind my head as long as I keep some sort of facial hair. hahaha I have been told to never shave off all my facial hair several different times by friends. Sometimes a friend will point out a strange "dent" in my head. I just say, "Yeah, cool! Isn't it?"

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 12:39:13 AM »
BEST things:
No Hair styling products
No washing & combing hair
Get up,Shower go out...a proper 'Wash n Go'
probably loads more

Worst things:
Some weird fetish for all things shaving,razors etc....always looking even if not needed
The Sun (not the newspaper)
erm...can't think of anything else

I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 12:58:48 AM »
BEST things:
No Hair styling products
probably loads more

Worst things:
Some weird fetish for all things shaving,razors etc....always looking even if not needed

oh-O!!!looks like someone hasn't had enough coffee yet this morning!! lol
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 08:31:08 AM »
The best thing that ever happened, actually happened about 200 yards off the coast of the Big Island of Hawaii.  I was snorkeling in an area off of "Two Step" out where the dolphins were swimming and interacting with others.  Well I was doing my thing, face down watching the dolphins under me, when a nice well defined female snorkeler swam by.  I felt something brush against my bald head, and then like a dolphin she was rolling in the water like a torpedo.  Ah I noticed she was wearing a knit bikini.... those are only ment of sunning in BTW.  The more turns she did well the more it exposed.  Of course I enjoyed this more than the dolphins, so I'm not complaining.  Well she stopped and then pointed to her pair, then to me and then back to her and then down to the dolphins who were mating.  Dolphins for those that don't know are the only other mammals that mate for pleasure besides humans.

I aint dumb, I know what sign language is.

Well if I were single, I might have gone along with it.  But I am married and don't play on my wife of 26 yrs now. 

But it is funny how I get a big smile on my face, when she tells friends that I was swimming with the dolphins  ::)

The worst thing that I guess you could call it that was a friend calling me Mr Clean.

Oh it's tough being sly.

Offline Blasto

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 09:01:04 AM »
Worst thing my mother  I sent them a picture and she called me and said and I quote " What did you do to your hair you were so good looking" end quote. Some times family is the hardiest to tell. :*)) 

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 09:39:44 AM »
Worst:
"UGH what'd you do to your hair??!?!?"

Best:
"Awesome, that rocks"
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 10:08:53 AM »
BEST things:
No Hair styling products
probably loads more

Worst things:

Yeah it says topic read 95 times...i don't think i was one of them   :-[
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 10:13:04 AM »
BEST things:
No Hair styling products
probably loads more

Worst things:

LMAO  ;)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 12:35:48 AM »
BEST things:
No Hair styling products
probably loads more

Worst things:

Well, you could still give it a shot and tell us what were some of the best and worst things people have said to you.

Offline Kojack

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 02:07:29 AM »
Just shaved a couple days ago. Best thing I guess is what my girlfriend said, "Your free, I love it."

My little little sister is the only other person who has seen me, all she said was "What's with the do?" LOL If that's the worst thing I hear I can deal with it.
Remember to never take my advice seriously (unless I'm being serious) and you'll do alright.

Northernlion

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 07:19:38 AM »
Best thing was definitely this weekend. My girlfriend (who originally hated it) just kinda stared at me for a couple seconds when we were walking down the street, then she said, "You look good." I gave her the WTF look and she was like, "Yeah, with the shaved head and the beard, you look really good".

Worst is my friend's girlfriend who makes shitty bald wisecracks like "How long until the pizza gets here?" "Uhh until your hair grows back". I think I can deal with it.

Enter your email address: