Author Topic: What are the best/worst thing(s) said to you after going sly ?  (Read 14179 times)

Offline dagenhamjim

• Sly
Re: What are the best/worst thing(s) said to you after going sly ?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 10:10:07 AM »
When I first shaved my hair "Right said Fred" were at there height,  I used to get silly comments like didn't know the band was now called "Right said Jim"
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/users_178/894604/sampeb1a5324eb47c66d.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed height="0" width="0" src="http://counters.gigya.com/wild

Offline william

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 04:35:52 PM »
Only comments I have gotten is from you guys, its about 2 weeks since I shaved my head. My mum and little brother have seen me though but they know its *illegal* to to talk about my looks. Hate when people comment my look, especially people that I know. I got one friend but haven't seen him since I shaved my head. Guess I should take contact with him anytime soon.
I can still be the one, Im dreaming about and I dont need my hair to become him!

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 06:55:02 PM »
OK I probably should have said "best/worst" things strangers have said...
My wife by far has said the best things. "your hot, you look sexy"...
shes said these things before but never in reference to my "haircut"
Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 06:58:09 PM »
Best: 
  • Positive comments from members here
  • Mom said she liked me better without hair

Worst:
  • Dad said he liked me better with hair
  • Grandma asked me if I was in a cult
  • Some people at work called me a skinhead
  • Being laughed at by brother

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 05:02:24 AM »
Best: From a stranger in Wally World in the shave section : Dude that bald head kicks ass... you look like a bad Motherf*cker.

Worst : From a guy I was interviewing with for a new position at my company. I walked into the interview and he blurted out "Wow! They burned the hair right off of him! The other two guys in the room kind of squirmed....... but I quickly responded with "Yeah!!! It looks great doesn't it!". The other two guys cracked up.

A little caveat here:

The worst comment wasn't a big deal for me but it really is just an example of some people's ignorance. I couldn't care less about what other people think of me shaving my head. Say what you want about me...I don't care.....just leave my wife and kids alone.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 05:16:42 AM »
Best: "You look great..the bald look really suits you"

Worst: "Man...you look like the busted end of a bad condom"
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline LINEWYAWKER

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 06:09:18 AM »
Still relatively new at being hairless. Wife doesn't like it, but doesn't comment on it (She just needs to adjust of 38 years of bushy hair). People at work like it. I deal with Video Conferences day in and out and have been referred to, in a positive way, as looking 1) like a high priced Bouncer and 2) as looking "Lex Luther-ish". I find that people think it makes me look a lot younger then I am.
Fugeddaboutit!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 07:45:27 AM »
Talk about ignorant people...I was in Chicago Heights on my way home from THE BEST DAMN WEEKEND THIS COUNTRY HAS EVER SEEN!...lol...I was standing outside of a gas station smoking a cigarette when this middle aged lady and possibly her granddaughter  walks past me making a comment while looking at me straight in the eye.  The comment was  " well honey, I guess some people never learn, even if it almost kills them" .  I looked at her and said Excuse me?  She just remained silent.  I just told her that  if her comment was directed towards me shaving my head then she had it all wrong.  I explained to her that I am bald because I wanted to be bald not because of some cancer treatment.  She looks back at me and says "WELL ITS GOING TO KILL YOU"  I felt like saying back to her that if she didnt mind her own business I was going to kill her..lol 

Best thing said to me....gezz I have so many...lol   I guess it is when my wife and/or kids tell me that I missed a shave.  That I need to shave because I look better.  Makes me smile that they notice.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 07:56:32 AM »
Mixed bag here....
The Lovely Mrs. Schro doesn't like the look on me, but she had a good line on it.
During the winter, I wore a turtleneck and she said "You look like a thumb". I   :*)) and  :Xo! at the same time.

I've had a few random comments from ladies the wife & I know that give me the gratuitous head rub.

When I first went sly, my bro said "WOW. THAT'S FRIGGIN' AWESOME....BOLD STATEMENT, BRO".

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 08:04:17 AM »
I was just outside here at work helping my installers load up some flooring material and I noticed this guy driving by.  I couldn't wave back at him or anything because my hands were full but I noticed he was staring. He drove off and then I notice he had come back around the block and I was still standing there.  He pulls up, rolls down his window and proceeds to apologize for staring at me.  I said its ok...is it the bald head or what.  This guy looks as though he has tried shaving his head down a time or two.  He said yes, matter of fact it is.  How do you get it so slick.  So I told him what my proceedures were and what kind of products I use.  He said well that explains it, he uses his wifes razor that she shaves her legs with and just regular shower bath gel.  He said he would get razor burns all the time.  Then off he drove.  LOL

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 08:48:26 AM »
You didn't tell him to check us out for great tips on doing it right?   Shame on you, Timmay
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 11:33:27 AM »
I never got the chance...he was really weird acting anyways....sorta reminded me of Robmiester

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2008, 11:26:15 AM »
Hummmmm....

Best-  My Mom said I "look cute"...  not sure what she meant...

Worst-  My wife is disappointed because she doesn't get to do my haircuts anymore

Absolute worst- obnoxious brother-in-law "you know what they say, men who get a bald spot in back are lovers...  men who go bald on top are thinkers...  men who go bald all over just think they are lovers...  Of course, he said that before he went severely MPB.  He hasn't said a word about it for several years now.

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2008, 11:29:46 AM »
Absolute worst- obnoxious brother-in-law "you know what they say, men who get a bald spot in back are lovers...  men who go bald on top are thinkers...  men who go bald all over just think they are lovers...  Of course, he said that before he went severely MPB.  He hasn't said a word about it for several years now.

lol

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 07:12:25 PM »
Today I had to go to the VA Clinic for my yearly, and the nurse who is just a couple of years older than me while weighing me in commented that she loved my head.  She actually asked if she could feel my head and rub it  :@`  I asked her, if she was for real, and she said, "Oh yes, I love this look on you"

Now after the feed back that I was getting from my wife this morning, this was a "HELL YES" experience, and loving it.