Author Topic: No turning back now  (Read 15350 times)

BALDANDRE

Re: No turning back now
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2008, 03:53:08 PM »

OMG, you look 20 years younger (probably the suit didn't help also) That is one awesome outcome. You must have been pleasantly surprised yourself?

Very nice words from a fencer..

Good man....I'm proud of ya Dave! O0

BTW I would predict the same outcome for you once you shaved that head of yours nice and clean! ;)

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2008, 11:58:22 PM »
Tanizaki, just wanted to tell you that the sly look definitely suits you bro.  You look much younger and it seems like you're loving it as well.  Your dad will come around.

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2008, 05:32:58 PM »
Good Job!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Tanizaki

• Sly Jr.
  • Upper crust
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2008, 10:54:32 AM »
Tanizaki, just wanted to tell you that the sly look definitely suits you bro.  You look much younger and it seems like you're loving it as well.  Your dad will come around.
Yeah, it turned out it was a misunderstanding on my part. As soon as he heard from Mom about it, he came over and cleared it up. It was all in my head.  O0

As for my head, Mrs. Tani had said while she thought shaved suited me, she missed my hair, so I started growing it back. Last night, I told her that I felt more confident with the dome, but would keep growing it back to the old way if she really preferred it. She said my feelings were more important, so I clipped it back down to a no-guard. Once I get some tan on the stubbled scalp, I will probably shave it down again.

I'm an alpha male, but I involved my wife because I think it is wrong to willingly become unattractive to your spouse. That's why I cut the fat from over 250 lbs to 170 lbs. Sometimes Mrs. Tani will say, "You look great now, but sometimes I miss my teddy bear." She changes her mind pretty quickly as soon as I say, "In that case, I'll go out and get some double-doubles from Checkers" >:D. Between the weight and the new hair (or lack thereof), it's been a big change for her in the past 12 months, but one she and I both love.

To get an idea, here's me at my fattest (just over 250 lbs):

And this morning (169 lbs):

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2008, 11:05:28 AM »
Good job on the weight loss; that's quite an accomplishment!   O0

Now, you just have to keep that dome smooth.  You look too good bald to even consider having hair.  No offense, but in the before photo, the thinning is noticeable.  It didn't look really bad, but that's not something that's going to improve over time.  Thinning hair doesn't look good on anybody.

Offline RodgerDodger

• Super Sly
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2008, 11:13:14 AM »
Tani, your misses will warm up to the slicker thinner you.

Awesome accomplishment losing all that weight.
But the next time you post a pic of your buzzed noggin' you should be smiling.

Rodger, Over and Out  O0