Author Topic: No turning back now  (Read 15347 times)

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
Re: No turning back now
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 07:50:29 AM »
Tanizaki, it looks great - you look much younger and it really accentuates your eyes  :)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 08:32:21 AM »
Tanizaki, it looks great - you look much younger and it really accentuates your eyes  :)

Don't be looking at other guys' eyes, MB.   :Xo!

Offline Tanizaki

• Sly Jr.
  • Upper crust
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 08:46:53 AM »

Tanizaki wins again, fans!  O0

Mike

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 09:24:08 AM »
Looks great, you look like a natural.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 09:42:01 AM »

I can't help it Razor.. I'm drawn to them!  :D

*tries smoothing things over*

no-one can beat your baby blues though!  ;)  :-*

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Tanizaki

• Sly Jr.
  • Upper crust
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 09:48:02 AM »
My parents just gave a call and asked if Tanizaki Jr. wants to come over and swim. I am curious to see my parents' reaction. Dad has been a horseshoe for decades with a fairly thick fringe, although Mom keeps telling him to clip it close Ed Harris-style.

My head still feels a bit weird. It feels cooler than normal, with a itch that I attribute to this morning's shave. I'll be slathering on the sun block so I don't go into work with a scarlet scalp on Monday.  8)

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 09:53:59 AM »
OK dude, really, who's the bad-a$$ sly dude.  Can't be the dude in the first pic.

Seriously though, the sly look suits you well.  Gotta hand it to you for making up your mind and doing the deed.

Red
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 09:55:39 AM by SimplyRed »
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Mike

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 09:56:36 AM »
Tanizaki, do you plan on getting a head blade or anything, or are you just going to go to the barber for your shave? Also, you should get some head lube glossy, it would fit your look.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 09:57:17 AM »
no-one can beat your baby blues though!  ;)  :-*

:@` :@` :@` :@` :@`

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 10:53:40 AM »
wow, what a difference, cool O0

Offline Tanizaki

• Sly Jr.
  • Upper crust
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 11:11:08 AM »
Tanizaki, do you plan on getting a head blade or anything, or are you just going to go to the barber for your shave? Also, you should get some head lube glossy, it would fit your look.
I'm still thinking about how things will go. It's hard to think right now just coming back from my folks.

My mom and younger sister were pretty neutral about it. Dad gave the silent treatment, and I am actually pretty upset about it.

"He doesn't like change," Mom and sister reminded. But yeah, I came home pretty upset, but the wife was supportive. Mom and sister were, too.

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 11:17:33 AM »
I'm still thinking about how things will go. It's hard to think right now just coming back from my folks.

My mom and younger sister were pretty neutral about it. Dad gave the silent treatment, and I am actually pretty upset about it.

"He doesn't like change," Mom and sister reminded. But yeah, I came home pretty upset, but the wife was supportive. Mom and sister were, too.

Welcome!  Sly is definitely better for you.  Don't allow the opinions of others, no matter how close they are, affect what you do.  You like it, and your wife is supportive and likes it as well.  That's the important thing!  Others will learn to accept it.

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 12:55:51 PM »
Tan you looks great. Although I may be a bit biased  8)
You look younger and more confident. I am recently sly myself...(shaved down last week).
To be honest--Ive gotten some good reactions and some lukewarm no negatives so far...(I'm a pretty big guy so that may influence some people a bit ;))
Still, the people who are the most important to me have given me VERY good reactions and thats whats important to me.  Some people will never get their head around the fact that its OK to be bald....you dont have to be
sick with cancer, a hells angel, an outlaw or a mental patient. Which to be honest is how a lot of people viewed baldness back in the day. Your dad may just be in that old skool way of thinking you know ?
Hold that bald head up high and proud !

Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline Tanizaki

• Sly Jr.
  • Upper crust
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2008, 01:28:55 PM »
Tan you looks great. Although I may be a bit biased  8)
You look younger and more confident. I am recently sly myself...(shaved down last week).
To be honest--Ive gotten some good reactions and some lukewarm no negatives so far...(I'm a pretty big guy so that may influence some people a bit ;))
Still, the people who are the most important to me have given me VERY good reactions and thats whats important to me.  Some people will never get their head around the fact that its OK to be bald....you dont have to be
sick with cancer, a hells angel, an outlaw or a mental patient. Which to be honest is how a lot of people viewed baldness back in the day. Your dad may just be in that old skool way of thinking you know ?
Hold that bald head up high and proud !
Thanks. I am hoping (and expecting) that he will turn around shortly. I mean, this is 100% reversible. It is not some sort of body mutilation, and it didn't cost me a dime. I think it was just a shock.

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2008, 01:33:32 PM »
Thanks. I am hoping (and expecting) that he will turn around shortly. I mean, this is 100% reversible. It is not some sort of body mutilation, and it didn't cost me a dime. I think it was just a shock.
Hopefully so. Just the same...if he doesnt come around...its your head and you can do with it what you want to..
After all I am sure he wouldnt like it if you gave him a strong opinion on his fuzzy horseshoe.
Its his perogative to wear that...as it is yours to choose NOT to wear it.
Shave your head.....free your mind.