Poll

Who will prevail in the HeadShave Throwdown at SlyBaldCon?

Team Vortex (Electric Razors)
Team HeadBlade (Blade Razors)

Author Topic: HeadShave Throwdown at SlyBaldCon  (Read 21760 times)

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
HeadShave Throwdown at SlyBaldCon
« on: June 17, 2008, 09:04:09 AM »
Jer & SimplyRed (Team Vortex) wish to challenge a team of blade shavers to a throwdown match, Electric Razors vs BladeShavers.  One electric razor shaved head will be judged against a blade shaved head by a fair damsel.  The smoothest dome as judged by said fair damsel will be the winner.

Any Sly Bald Guys attending SlyBaldCon willing to take up the challenge? We need a fair and impartial judge and an impartial fair damsel.  Tyler, will you be the impartial judge?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 07:09:42 AM by SimplyRed »

In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: HeadShave Throwdown at SlyBaldCon
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 10:41:46 AM »
If you find the damsel, I'll be the judge.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 10:45:10 AM »
Fair damsels should be in abundance with all the Sly dudes present at SlyBaldCon.  I'm looking forward to many head rubs.
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 06:52:09 PM »
I think if we're going to do this then you may want to talk to Nick.  I'm pretty sure he's an electric guy also, although if I'm not mistaken he uses a Braun.  Is it simply the Panasonic Linears that you and I use or would it be comparing any electric shavers to blades.

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 06:54:20 PM »
I think if we're going to do this then you may want to talk to Nick.  I'm pretty sure he's an electric guy also, although if I'm not mistaken he uses a Braun.  Is it simply the Panasonic Linears that you and I use or would it be comparing any electric shavers to blades.

Yea buddy... Braun 360 complete!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 05:09:06 AM »
Man I can't beleive i'm going to miss all the fun!!!! SH****TTT!!!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 05:38:58 AM »
I think that the 'shavee' would be the one who chooses his weaponO0

Rules of the Throwdown are yet to be determined, but I think there should be a time limit for the actual shave.  Head prep should be at the discretion of the 'shavee'.

Wadda ya think Team Vortex?

Red

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 05:46:28 AM »
Whenever a blade team accepts the challenge we can hash out the rules.  Generally, if electric is chosen the entire headshave will be done with that razor.  Same with blades, i.e. if HeadBlade is chosen the entire headshave will be done with that one razor.  Tyler has volunteered to be the Throwdown judge.  He will oversee the procedure.  The fair damsel (can we take up a collection and fly MagnaBabe over?) will perform the headrub to determine the smoothest dome.

Red

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 08:27:27 AM »
I gave some thought to competing but I'm afraid that with all the pressure of said competition that I would end up suffering massive blood loss from all the cuts I would inflict with my jittery hands. I think I'll just watch. I'll bring along some band-aids, as well.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 08:31:38 AM »
Don't worry about Team Vortex, us electric razor users never cut ourselves (knocking wood, my head)

Red

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 08:52:50 PM »
Don't worry about Team Vortex, us electric razor users never cut ourselves (knocking wood, my head)

Red

You know it red!
==SLY SERGEANT==

BaldRob

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 10:14:42 PM »
You both are definitely making the biggest mistake thinking that your piddley little electrics will outdo the power of the headblade!!!  You both will be going down faster than a prom dress at the after prom party...  :D

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 07:01:29 AM »
You both are definitely making the biggest mistake thinking that your piddley little electrics will outdo the power of the headblade!!!  You both will be going down faster than a prom dress at the after prom party...  :D

I'm no longer sure about this, it seems as though we are quite outmatched here...  and those rules Red, I shave in the shower.  I guess we could do it in a back yard with a garden hose, but that would be a bit rough since water out of the hose it pretty damn cold!

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 07:07:14 AM »

I'm no longer sure about this, it seems as though we are quite outmatched here...  and those rules Red, I shave in the shower. 

OMG Jer, you act like you've just seen another racoon.  All you need to do is get the shaving oil on the head and keep it wet.  I'm still up to Team HeadBlade's challenge  >:(

Red

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 07:23:57 AM »

Rob, I presume this means Team HeadBlade is picking up the gauntlet?  Despite Jer's trepedation I accept the challenge on behalf of Team Vortex to compete in the HeadShave Throwdown at SlyBaldCon.  Our seconds will be standing by with toilet paper wads and bandaids to patch your wounds. >:D

Enter your email address: