Author Topic: Feeling bad about MPB?  (Read 18737 times)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: Feeling bad about MPB?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 07:59:10 AM »
"I wept because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet"
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 09:42:02 AM »
LOL. Of course there's always someone who's worse off than for example me. Should that make me feel better? Should I feel better that I'm balding and living in our vain western society just because children are starving in Africa? I don't think so.

This quote is the exact reason that things need to be put into perspective occasionally. Until you even realize that perspective matters, you won't feel any better about yourself or your situation (which really isn't s situation at all in my opinion).

Amazing.......

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 09:42:44 AM »

Thanks WPRUITT!!! I've always loved that quote.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 07:41:44 PM »

Exactly!   O0

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 08:37:41 AM »
Can't anyone see how flawed a logic there is behind this whole "it could be worse" -thing? How hairloss affects an individual is basically a psychological problem and it doesn't go away like that. It's like saying "it could be worse, you could have cancer" to someone who suffers of schizophrenia. They are completely different things, you can't compare them IMO.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 08:41:49 AM »
Can't anyone see how flawed a logic there is behind this whole "it could be worse" -thing? How hairloss affects an individual is basically a psychological problem and it doesn't go away like that. 

It doesn't go away if you're hell-bent on being negative.  You've been a member of this forum for nearly two years -- longer than I have, in fact.  Are you any closer to dealing with this "problem" now than you were the day you joined?  Where has all the hand-wringing gotten you?  If you want to spend years of your life moaning about something so trivial, there's nothing more anyone here can do to help you.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2008, 09:11:10 AM »
Yep-Yep....I think you're kinda missing the whole point of this thread.

It isn't about hairloss.. it's about putting things into perspective, realising just how good you've got it compared to others and being grateful for what you do have in life, not what you don't.

So please... explain to me the 'logic' behind self-pity?

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline RodgerDodger

• Super Sly
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2008, 10:06:32 AM »
Yep-Yep....I think you're kinda missing the whole point of this thread.

It isn't about hairloss.. it's about putting things into perspective, realising just how good you've got it compared to others and being grateful for what you do have in life, not what you don't.

So please... explain to me the 'logic' behind self-pity?
Well said Miss Magma. Here's a spin on that. You know the old saying,
"when one door closes, another one opens". yep_yep, if you Headshave you'll open an entirely new life filled with endless possibilites.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 04:29:59 PM »
Well said Miss Magma. Here's a spin on that. You know the old saying,
"when one door closes, another one opens". yep_yep, if you Headshave you'll open an entirely new life filled with endless possibilites.

it seems that yep-yep's saying would probably be 'when one door closes, so do all the others.'  8)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 04:32:42 PM by Rob »

Offline DDDeepdiver

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 06:54:33 PM »
Very well put magmababe  O0

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 11:51:35 PM »
LOL. Of course there's always someone who's worse off than for example me. Should that make me feel better? Should I feel better that I'm balding and living in our vain western society just because children are starving in Africa? I don't think so.

Yes, you should be thanking your lucky stars that you don't have worse problems to deal with:Xo!

Do you have any intention of ever putting this "problem" behind you or are you just going to whine and bitch about it forever? 
I second this one Razor.   O0

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 08:28:14 AM »

Yes, you should be thanking your lucky stars that you don't have worse problems to deal with:Xo!

Do you have any intention of ever putting this "problem" behind you or are you just going to whine and bitch about it forever? 
I second this one Razor.   O0

I third it!  Well said. O0

By the way razor, i know it's been said before, but I like the new avatar pic: very smooth! 8)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 08:32:01 AM »

By the way razor, i know it's been said before, but I like the new avatar pic: very smooth! 8)

Thank you.  It's still a bit of a shock when I first look in the mirror.   :)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 09:30:33 AM »

Thank you.  It's still a bit of a shock when I first look in the mirror.   :)

This means that you've ditched the goat?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 09:31:15 AM »
Yes, yesterday.