Author Topic: The worst part of being sly!  (Read 28078 times)

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
Re: The worst part of being sly!
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 09:58:02 AM »

Or just as bad, smacking it in a dark attic on a roof truss or a rafter.  Those things seem to come out of nowhere!

Yeah: like when I'm goin up into the attic to get the Christmas decs from under the rafters: I always find a couple of rafters... :Xo!

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 10:06:33 AM »
I have yet to bang my head to the point of damage. I'll certainly make an effort to avoid it now.

I did notice that the sun beating down on my bare head makes me sweat. A LOT! I'm off to Key Largo Monday for 4 days of golf and fishing. Between working the sunscreen and bucket hat off and on I may have to carry a small towel with me to keep sunscreen laden sweat from running in my eyes.

I'm used to playing golf with a hat on. Now that I don't, I noticed I squint a lot too.

A worthy sacrifice though. What looks better than a tan shaved noggin? Okay, besides her. And her. And that too. Well... You get what I'm sayin.

---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline kenrh

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 05:22:42 PM »
Perhaps you need glasses??

Offline jMac627

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 12:45:14 AM »
HA, i agree, i never realized how much  i have hit my head until i went sly, then i saw some of the damage, people have always commented on my " messed up head" even when i was "0-clipping" oh well just be careful or you could always raise your ceiling and line everything in your house with cotton balls... would make for an interest conversation piece at christmas..
J.

Offline collegebuzz

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2008, 05:07:47 PM »
I managed to hit my head on a mask on the wall earlier this evening, and it genuinely hurt like hell. Am sure it was never that bad when I had hair. Oh well, small price to pay for being sly.

Offline Boots

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 04:14:05 PM »
Being 6'4" (193cm) I am use to hitting my head on things.  It is annoying, but I am use to it now.

My biggest issue is how much quicker my temperature rises when out in the sun.

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 10:49:27 AM »
I don't really hit my head on things any more than I used to. 
But one of the worse things is when I have to do a "quickee" shave in the morning while I'm half asleep, and then later on during the day I find all kinds of velcro scruffy spots and I'm already out of the house so I can't touch it up. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Ftank

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2009, 11:02:14 AM »
I have not hit my head on anything lately.  I have cut my head a few times shaving do to a lack of experience but that is about the worst that has happened to me.

Frank

Offline HateMyHairShadow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2009, 01:52:49 PM »
Its definitely the time-consuming hell daily shaving creates. And also that people see my horse shoe hair shadow.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 01:54:26 PM »
Its definitely the time-consuming hell daily shaving creates.

Yeah, if I could only have that 10 minutes a day back.   ::)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2009, 02:02:43 PM »
And also that people see my horse shoe hair shadow.

After a little while, I think you'll find out that no one notices your shadow but you.  I was extremely self conscious about the shadow at first, and frankly w/o the support the the guys here I probably would have gone back to the combover--that's a sad fact.  You will get over it, trust us.  Then the only people who will even look at your shadow are slys like the guys here that check each other out, it's not serious.  Just enjoy no thinning, no combover.  No one ever told you that was sexy, and if it hasn't happened yet you will be told more than once how sexy your bald head is--that's really fun--they either enjoy or don't see that shadow apparently O0 O0 O0.

Offline HateMyHairShadow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2009, 02:06:25 PM »
It takes more time for me, if you take the preparations and so into account.

I feel like Im prisoned when I must shave every 24 hours, cause after that the stubble becomes more and more difficult to cut after every hour that goes. (which increase the risk of cuts and razor burn). It makes me obsessed.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2009, 02:08:24 PM »
It takes more time for me, if you take the preparations and so into account.

I feel like Im prisoned when I must shave every 24 hours, cause after that the stubble becomes more and more difficult to cut after every hour that goes. (which increase the risk of cuts and razor burn). It makes me obsessed.

It won't take that long as you become more experienced with your shave routine.  Not nearly as long as it would take to wash/style/blow dry hair.

Offline HateMyHairShadow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2009, 02:12:58 PM »
As I said, it makes me obsessed.

Why? Because I feel I cant do everything I would like to do. In the summer for example. I would like to go to the country in the upcoming holidays but I cant do that cause Im dependent on a shower with hot water when I shave and that is completely impossible to do  where I am going. All this shaving routine just makes it so much harder to do things in my life, and I hate it. Ive been sly for 4 months and Im beginning to be very frustrated. Therefore Im going for laser removal in okt to take it away. Its gonna be such a liberating feeling.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2009, 02:30:37 PM »
As I said, it makes me obsessed.

Why? Because I feel I cant do everything I would like to do. In the summer for example. I would like to go to the country in the upcoming holidays but I cant do that cause Im dependent on a shower with hot water when I shave and that is completely impossible to do  where I am going. All this shaving routine just makes it so much harder to do things in my life, and I hate it. Ive been sly for 4 months and Im beginning to be very frustrated. Therefore Im going for laser removal in okt to take it away. Its gonna be such a liberating feeling.

Where there's a will, there's a way.  If you don't have access to hot water, bring an electric razor with you; it should hold the charge for about a week.  Won't get as close as the blade but it will do in a pinch.  There are no limitations on you other than the ones you impose upon yourself.

Enter your email address: