Author Topic: Pale head  (Read 9642 times)

Offline Val

• Learning the way of Sly
Pale head
« on: May 20, 2008, 07:35:02 PM »
I've been trying to hide my balding for years now.  Been using Super Million Hair which is just little fibers you sprinkle on your head.  I'm so tired of always having to check the mirror to see if it looks alright and the mess it makes but, most of all, I'm tired of not being honest with people.  I'm ready to take the plunge. 

I'm really anxious to shave it off.  The problem for me would be the pale head.  I have zero days off for the next couple of months so I'm reluctant to shave and end up with the 2 toned look.  Would a fake tan product work to blend it better with my face?  If so, which would anyone recommend?

And a big thank you for this site!  You've given me the courage to finally go through with it.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
Re: Pale head
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:02:11 PM »
First off WELCOME to the SBG Family Val, we're gald that you could join us. We are also happy that we could help you realize the courage you have within yourself to just go ahead and shave it off, you'll feel like a new man, once you do, and I bet your new found confidence in yourself, and who you are will shine through.

As for the pale head look, the only thing that realy worked for me was made by NIVIA for Men (Summer Look) it's called. It's a combination moistureizer and sunless tanner, but it doesn't work right away, you have to apply it everyday for atleast 3 days, so it can build the tan naturally.

Hope that helps.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline TomS

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 08:04:23 PM »
Welcome to the site Val. 

When I first shaved my head a month or two ago this was a big concern for me.  After reading the thread about Jergens natural glow moisturizer I gave it a shot and I think that it helped after a week or so of use.  After a couple of weeks without hair my head was in the sun enough to at least even out the color.  Overall it wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it would be. 

I didn't have a vacation or anything to get used to my new look either; shaved it off Friday evening, went to work Monday.  I'd definitely recommend the Jergens product, but it does take a couple of days to start seeing results. 

Hope it helps.
-Tom

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 08:06:01 PM »
Welcome, Val.  Glad you found us.  Don't worry too much about the pale head.  It will all even out in time.  There are several products on the market that will help hide the whiteness.  I use the Jergen Natural Glow.  It works great for me.

Best of luck,
Rick
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 08:14:46 PM »
Welcome to the group Val.

Offline TheTrucker

• Super Sly
    • Knitting On The Road
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 08:45:55 PM »
Welcome.

I wouldn't worry about the paleness. You'll notice it a lot more than anyone else will.
Mason

Linux: because a pc is a terrible thing to waste.

What do you mean guys don't knit????

BALDANDRE

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 10:24:36 PM »
Don't let a tan hold you back...you got it in your head to shave your head smooth bro..

do it, get a sunless tanner if you feel you need to even up...get a light tone, it works, but it's smelly..

Go for it bro and worry later!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 10:45:22 PM »
The tan will come, Val.
Glad you're excited about the decision.

I'm gonna go out on a limb....tan or no tan, you'll get many more compliments about your sly look than your lack of sun on the dome.

Welcome!
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Jdogs Better Half

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 02:16:30 AM »
TAN TOWELS!!!!!!! they are kick ass

http://www.tantowel.com.au/catalog/index.php

However, the noggin is the only place I have never tried them!!!!

But they are very natural, so fast, and no streaking!!!!!

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 06:21:36 AM »
A couple of weeks in the sun will even it all out mate.

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 07:59:33 AM »
Yeah I'd go for it man. I see people with newly shaved heads in the airport all the time (I travel a lot for work) and many of them have the two tone look. It's not that big of a deal. I don't even think it looks that bad. Besides, after a two or three days shaved in the sun/light, your head will naturally adjust to match the rest of your skin. And just try some of the tanning products the people above mentioned too.
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 12:45:17 PM »
Welcome here bro.

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 02:11:56 PM »
Welcome here Val!

You can use the Jergen Natural Glow or Nivea for men for a tanned look.

But otherwise be careful and use sunblocker SPF 15 or more for preventing sunburn (and cancer)!!!!!

J

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 03:20:18 PM »
I went to a short buzzcut for several weeks and spent time outdoors for a few weeks before shaving.  By the time I shaved it, I had a pretty good tan going through the buzz, and didn't have any noticeable pale skin.

GASlick

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 08:28:13 PM »
Trim it real short with no guard and let the sun do its thing.  After a couple of weeks, shave it off.  That's what I did and it worked fine.