Author Topic: Pale head  (Read 9644 times)

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Re: Pale head
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 09:25:32 AM »
OK Val, it's been almost a week since you did the sly deed.  How is it going?  I'm going to be very blunt and say going Sly took ten years off your look.  Now go out and get some super cool shades and get some sun on the noggin.

SimplyRed
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 10:59:34 AM »
OK Val, it's been almost a week since you did the sly deed.  How is it going?  I'm going to be very blunt and say going Sly took ten years off your look.  Now go out and get some super cool shades and get some sun on the noggin.

SimplyRed

I agree: you look a good ten years younger, Val.  hope you're lovin the sly life. 8)

Offline Val

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 04:41:08 PM »
Ok, it's been a couple weeks now.  Time for an update.  Some people like it, some don't.  My family really likes it which surprised me.  I get some razzing from guys but it seems a majority of the women I know like it.  The best story was a drunk a$$hole that kept calling me "Moby" who was trying to pick up the same girl as me.  She let him buy her a couple drinks but left with me.   

I work 2 jobs.  One is corporate cubicle boredom and I'd say the reaction is more negative than positive.   I bartend on weekends in a much younger crowd and most people like the look there.  Maybe it's a generational thing?

Mostly, it's just freed me from the stupid anxiety over hair.  I feel better about myself and I'm sure it shows.  I never worry about how I look now.  I can be me again, and I'm finding that people aren't as superficial as the infomercials would have you believe.

I'm sly and loving it so far.  Thanks again!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 04:46:30 PM »
Awesome to hear Val..

I missed the post when you actually shaved it smooth..looks 1000% better!

Listen to us and the younger crowd....keep it smooth brutha!

Plus I think the older guys just want to keep YOU looking older too! ;)

Offline SlySurfer

• aka Mighty Anthony
  • Sly
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2008, 05:10:42 PM »
Ok, it's been a couple weeks now. I work 2 jobs.  One is corporate cubicle.   I bartend on weekends in a much younger crowd and most people like the look there.  Maybe it's a generational thing?
Val you're spending way too much time indoors.
Coorperate cubicle.  :Xo! Dark bar.  :Xo!

I'm ordering you to get outside and get some sunshine on that pale melon of yours.  :x!

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2008, 05:36:52 PM »
Wow Val, I missed this post before but welcome and you look a lot younger sly.

As far as the Moby thing, I have got that before in a bar as well... I just called the guy "King of Queens" (the guy calling me Moby was built like that actor).

Looks great man.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2008, 05:39:58 PM »
Dang! Talk about a smooth spot free melon! Wow looks great Val
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2008, 07:18:30 PM »

Plus I think the older guys just want to keep YOU looking older too! ;)

I hesitate to say that it's a generational thing, because we know that there are sly guys here of all ages.  However, my own personal experience has been that the only negative comments I've gotten (aside from my mother) have been from older men -- usually friends of my dad.  They are also the only ones who ever teased me about MPB. It seems like they were either MPB themselves and thrilled to see it happening to someone else -- or they had full heads of  hair and felt it was an accomplishment of some sort to have more hair than someone who was significantly younger.   :/O

And maybe it's just me, but I sometimes pick up negative vibes when I come across older MPB combover guys -- in elevators, etc. throughout the day.  Out of the corner of my eye I can see them staring at my dome and not in approving way.  Oh well!  ::)  I think guys with combovers feel threatened when they see someone with a shaved head.  Maybe it reminds them that they are an endangered species?   ;D

Anyway, Val, it looks great, so don't listen to any of the naysayers.  You do look 10 years younger so don't ever let any hair grow on that dome again, OK?    8)