Author Topic: no messages?  (Read 28223 times)

Offline skitch

• Learning the way of Sly
  • theres no such thing as TOO short!
    • Skitched!
no messages?
« on: August 26, 2006, 04:55:32 PM »
i guess im the only one that cant find a date with my bald head. :-\

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: no messages?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 06:46:17 PM »
It will happen man!  Just stay confident.  That's the key!  People are attracted to other people that have confidence.

I always went after the hottest girls (before I was married  ;)) because I found out that it was actually easier to get a date with the hottest girls than someone that I considered average or just cute.  It was funny because a lot of times the girls would say that I was the first guy that had asked them out in Months, yes MONTHS.  They said guys were afraid to approach them.  I  call it the "Beauty and the Beast" theory after reading the book "To be or not be intimidated?" by Robert Ringer.  That's why you always see amazingly beautiful person with a not so beautiful person.  The not so beautiful person

You also have to remember that it's a numbers game and not to get discouraged, because you know what you have to offer and it's their loss if they don't give you a shot.

To be or not be intimidated? By Robert Ringer
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

gearhedguy

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 03:16:05 PM »
What's cool about being bald is you know that your boyfriend, girlfriend, partner, wife, etc., is not so superficial as to not date you because you are bald. If a person won't date you because you have lost your hair, then they truly aren't worth one minute of your time. My Dad was bald and one of my Mom's friends once said to her, "oh, I could never marry a bald man." First off, #itch!  ;D And secondly, my Mom's reply was "what would you do if he went bald AFTER you married him?, divorce him?" Way to go Mom!

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 11:07:01 PM »

gearhedguy,

I like your opinion and sharing.. hehe Thx   This reminded me of one time in the past when my wife once told me (after too many days between shaving), "Dear, you really should shave your head again". I found this funny at first, since she at first disliked the shaving, but came to realize that it actually was much better... hehe  ;D
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline whovean

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Its my Life
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 10:44:12 AM »
i have been dateing for the past three months now, i could not be more happy, infact i have to pench myself now and then just to see if its real.
anyway i just turnd 42 and he is only 27 , he loves my smooth head  ;D
live bald and prosper

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 04:15:35 PM »
good for you whovean!   :)
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline michael21228

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 07:38:59 PM »
very happy in my relationship, not sure if being bald contributed to finding my other half but I know my bald head is loved.

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 10:07:43 PM »
coolio, and welcome Michael!  :)
~Yeti
-------------
-------------
-------------

Offline lostnfound21

• Sly Jr.
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 09:39:08 PM »
You know, I always found that when I was trying to get a date I couldn't. Maybe I was trying too hard? I don't know. Every date I've had and every relationship was due to the girl making the move on me. Including the relationship I'm in now! And I definitely started getting more attention when I started shaving my head.

BaldRob

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 04:22:25 PM »
I agree with Lostnfound... whenever you go looking, all the single women seem to disappear.  All of the women that I've dated for any length of time have come along when I've sworn off dating for awhile...

Offline Lex Luethor

• Sly Jr.
  • This *is* my happy face.
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 02:13:10 PM »
It's quite strange, but I've found that projecting "I don't give a sh*t what you think of me" seems to attract more women than does playing Joe Sensitive. Since going insane I've made no bones about the fact that I like to hang out with naughty women or that I aspire to be a womanizer, and yet, oddly, I've never had so much attention (from non-naughty women).

[shrug]

Offline mongo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 08:29:12 PM »
aht I don't understand is that when a girl agrees to go out with you and gives you her number I would percieve that she wants you to call her right. Apparently not cause I have gotten several yes responses and numbers in the last little bit but when I call them they don't answer and now none of them will even look at me let alone give me the time of day. It is most confusing

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 08:46:02 PM »
aht I don't understand is that when a girl agrees to go out with you and gives you her number I would percieve that she wants you to call her right. Apparently not cause I have gotten several yes responses and numbers in the last little bit but when I call them they don't answer and now none of them will even look at me let alone give me the time of day. It is most confusing

Yeah, that's one of the most frustrating things a guy can go through.  I used to get women's numbers by having them enter it into my phone or enter it directly into it myself.  Then I would tell them that I like to exchange numbers so they knew I was serious about calling them.  Instead of giving them my number I would then call their phone, with them standing there, so my number would appear on their phone (if it really was their number).  This would at least let me know if they were true about giving me their number.  Getting them to answer is another thing.  Just don't call them a bunch of times right after getting their number.   

One of the things that worked was to text them a day or two later and ask them for a good time to call them, or to just say hello.  Or you could always get their email address on its own or along with the number and make the first contact that way.  Some ladies respond to this better.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 04:57:14 AM »
 ;)Ahoy, Skitch. Hang in there. Get out as much as you can and sport your new look with pride. I'm with Michael21228: I know my bald head is loved.  I adopted the bald look in early November; since then my wife of 35 years makes it a point to stroke and kiss the dome before she leaves for work. On the rare occasions when I need to shave, she remarks on it. When I was still "covering" and hair-spraying, she wasn't allowed touch my head. It's much better and more natural the bald way. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline mongo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 07:35:29 PM »
Tried all that Tyler and so far they just run away screaming in terror ;D. I reckon they are just intimidated by the mass I have can't think of much else I am doing wrong but hey I just keep on coming back and tryin. Never say die.