Author Topic: Deciding to give it a go-  (Read 15585 times)

spaceape48

Re: Deciding to give it a go-
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2006, 05:48:15 PM »
I shaved my head Friday. It has that pale look to it so some sun is needed. Too bad it's been raining the past few days. It feels great, but I'm not so sure it's the look for me. I might just let it shadow out a bit more-haven't made my mind up yet. Will do my best to get pics. The reactions I've gotten from people is funny none the less. I find I intimidate people easier now. There is def more attention paid to me than before.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2006, 07:43:48 AM »
I shaved my head Friday. It has that pale look to it so some sun is needed. Too bad it's been raining the past few days. It feels great, but I'm not so sure it's the look for me. I might just let it shadow out a bit more-haven't made my mind up yet. Will do my best to get pics. The reactions I've gotten from people is funny none the less. I find I intimidate people easier now. There is def more attention paid to me than before.

A bald head does tend to stand out in the crowd a little more
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2006, 01:04:04 PM »

Congrats on making the shave!!  Have you gotten your first head rub yet?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2006, 01:44:10 PM »
Congrats on the shave, spaceape48!  With your head being pale it is understandable to want to grow it back out, but you might want to give it some time first or maybe hit a tanning bed for a few minutes to see how it really look on you.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2006, 03:06:31 PM »
I don't want to discourage you from getting married because it's much better than being single.  But, good luck with that!  Women don't think that way.  We would never talk to them about anything important when they are watching a sitcom.  But, when they want to talk to us about something important, in their mind, it's MORE important than ANYTHING you could be doing at that time.  Even the 9th inning of game 7.

You better not be lying to me Tyler.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2006, 03:09:08 PM »

Just make sure to get lotion with SPF in it. You don't want a sun burn on your noggin! UV rays will fry your brain even in the winter.

Cograts on shaving your head and welcome to the world of slybaldguys!

Noner

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2006, 05:25:14 PM »
I don't want to discourage you from getting married because it's much better than being single.  But, good luck with that!  Women don't think that way.  We would never talk to them about anything important when they are watching a sitcom.  But, when they want to talk to us about something important, in their mind, it's MORE important than ANYTHING you could be doing at that time.  Even the 9th inning of game 7.

You better not be lying to me Tyler.

I believe it to be true!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2006, 05:49:34 PM »
It's already been said, they both have their advantages and disadvantages. There are times when I'm glad I'm married. There are other times I really wish I was single. Been with the wife six years now as of Christmas Day, and our wedding anniversary is in April.

I find it amusing that she gets mad at me when I do the same ol stuff I used to do that pisses her off. For example, first time she told me I was cut off, I responded with "You can't cut me off, you don't know where I'm gettin it." Wow she didn't like that so much.

In short, I'm not the best person to come to for relationship advice. However, if ya wanna piss her off, I'm your man...just ask my wife
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2006, 05:57:41 PM »
hehe... I am writing that one down and placing it behind the Break in Case of Emergency glass for relationships
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2006, 05:58:25 PM »
Glad I could be of assistance ar3!

Enter your email address: