Author Topic: Deciding to give it a go-  (Read 15586 times)

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
Re: Deciding to give it a go-
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 02:53:41 PM »
We know you know about one, Noner .... now what do you know about the second .......................

Well I did steal my lay-day's cosmo once.  8)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 02:58:35 PM »
and what did you learn, bro?
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 03:00:37 PM »
I've lost track here. What's a cosmo? ???
Who loves ya, baby?

spaceape48

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 05:36:37 PM »
I think he means the magazine cosmo?

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 05:51:12 PM »
Aaaah... I see.
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 05:56:16 PM »
Unless he was being real mean and stealing her alcohol...but then again, I don't think Noner drinks cosmos... ???
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 06:00:53 PM »
Unless he was being real mean and stealing her alcohol...but then again, I don't think Noner drinks cosmos... ???

Sometimes it's for their own good though, as they've already had one too many.     ;D
bald for life

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2006, 06:05:59 PM »
And sometimes it good to steal her magazine Cosmo .... Lay - dees can get some crazy ideas out of those magazines.  And we usually learn about them from a sentence begining with "We need to talk ....."!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2006, 06:15:19 PM »
And sometimes it good to steal her magazine Cosmo .... Lay - dees can get some crazy ideas out of those magazines.  And we usually learn about them from a sentence begining with "We need to talk ....."!
which usually translates to" i am gonna talk and you are gonna listen. i don't care if it the bottom of the ninth in game seven. i need to babble and you need to listen......." am i right?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2006, 06:33:46 PM »
which usually translates to" i am gonna talk and you are gonna listen. i don't care if it the bottom of the ninth in game seven. i need to babble and you need to listen......." am i right?

If it's bottom of the ninth in game seven she can wait.    There are some things more important than relationship stuff at times.    No way i'm discussing that at that time.
bald for life

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2006, 06:37:05 PM »
If it's bottom of the ninth in game seven she can wait.    There are some things more important than relationship stuff at times.    No way i'm discussing that at that time. quote by david... i have to agree. only worse than that is trying to talk to me during LSU football.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2006, 07:05:59 PM »
If it's bottom of the ninth in game seven she can wait.    There are some things more important than relationship stuff at times.    No way i'm discussing that at that time.

It's clear you're not married, David.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 07:08:54 PM by Robmeister »

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2006, 07:18:20 PM »
No offense, David...just messin' around.   

Marriage should never be viewed as an ending, but a beginning.  And if you find the right woman and lay a foundation of good communication and trust, those issues CAN be assuaged.

In 14 years of marriage, I really don't recall getting the "We've gotta talk..."

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2006, 11:10:58 PM »

Even if I was married, there are times and places for that.    What do you think your wife would say if you talked during her favorite sitcom?   Shut up, go in the other room, I'm watching my show.    No different here.   

I would politely say, I am watching the ninth inning of the final game of the World Series, when this ends, we can discuss whatever you want to discuss.   
bald for life

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2006, 04:01:10 AM »

Even if I was married, there are times and places for that.    What do you think your wife would say if you talked during her favorite sitcom?   Shut up, go in the other room, I'm watching my show.    No different here.   

I would politely say, I am watching the ninth inning of the final game of the World Series, when this ends, we can discuss whatever you want to discuss.   

I don't want to discourage you from getting married because it's much better than being single.  But, good luck with that!  Women don't think that way.  We would never talk to them about anything important when they are watching a sitcom.  But, when they want to talk to us about something important, in their mind, it's MORE important than ANYTHING you could be doing at that time.  Even the 9th inning of game 7.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.