Author Topic: Bald influence on Career  (Read 18847 times)

Offline GTM

• Learning the way of Sly
Bald influence on Career
« on: February 22, 2008, 01:41:27 AM »
Hey everyone, I was reading an article in my college newspaper talking about acceptable appearance for job interviews.  It said that haircuts should be kept conservative.  I was wondering what you guys thought.  Is going sly radical or can it be considered "conservative"?  Has being sly ever hurt you in getting a job or even helped it?  My goal is to get into federal law enforcement, and from what I've seen, law enforcement agencies are very sly-friendly.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Bald influence on Career
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 02:39:53 AM »
Well GTM, I have seen hundreds of law enforcement officials both on the local and federal level with slick bald heads. Most of the police officers in my hometown either had a high n tight cut or shaved Sly. I'd say if that is the field that  you are wanting to get into, being Sly should not be an issue at all. I suppose it reallly depends on the agency that you will be wanting to go with.

Welcome to the Forum BTW

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 07:25:18 AM »
Im like Jdog..it depends on what field of work you are going into.  Even though going sly is more and more acceptable these days...I dont think you would get the leading role in a shampoo commercial or anything.  On the other hand though....how would you view it if you were naturally bald and was qualified for the job but didnt get it because you were bald???  Touchy situation there.  Welcome to the forum and post up a pic of yourself so we can put a face with the name.  Timmayyyyyy!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 07:35:02 AM »
GTM-

Welcome to the Forum! I think the SLY look is aceptable in every walk of life now. Sure there will always be those that hate it or look at it negatively but so what! It isn't about those individuals. Wear the SLY with pride!

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 07:51:46 AM »
Nice reply TIMMAY.
I would think that sly would definitely be more accepted to law enforcement than some other styles. Other walks of life might view it different. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 08:30:34 AM »
No problem with it in the educational field, that for sure.  And if "conservative" means short, can't get more "conservative" than sly.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »
Im in law enforcment and it has really taken hold.  Cant have a bunch of hippies running around in blue!

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 11:30:47 AM »
Shaved heads are actually not uncommon in the business world.  Plus you look really sharp in a suit.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 11:49:04 AM »
I think the "conservative" haircut they are referring to is: 1) an outdated suggestion, 2) is referring to long hair, 3) doesn't matter if you have confidence and are the best candidate possible. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 11:52:41 AM »
Yes...just take a look at Tyler....He wasnt able to get a job anywhere else so that is why he is the adminstrator of this site...lol....but hey look on the bright side....He has a lovely looking wife who loves him...so........

Timmay!

Offline mojim

• "As soon as your born you start dying, so you my as well have a good time"
  • Super Sly
  • "Making my way the sly way"
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 08:07:50 PM »
I believe it is getting more accepted in the work community..  Although the look is more abundant in warmer climates..
I was at a conference in Baltimore this week and there was another SLY guy there and there was an immediate brotherhood felt.. 
Pretty Cool!!

I am learning the way of the Sly!!! O0

marty22

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 01:27:17 PM »
Play it safe on interviews with a 001 or 002 cut. When u get the job, then u can find out what's acceptable.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 02:08:47 PM »
I have 4 people that work in my company that shave their head out of 40.  Does that tell you anything?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 02:12:19 PM »
I have 4 people that work in my company that shave their head out of 40.  Does that tell you anything?

You're a ten percenter?
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline flattop peterbilt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 08:54:20 PM »
well ask yourself this...will your being bald effect the job you have to do..probly..not and in law enforcement yes sly is good....and if they don't hire you because your bald it is discrimination...but hey your ability and qualifications make you the best for the job not your slyness...
Life hands you four Aces bet high...life hands you four duces...call