Author Topic: Bald influence on Career  (Read 18841 times)

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Bald influence on Career
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2008, 12:23:35 AM »
i beg to differ. i think a bald head can prevent you from getting a job. i know from experience. ive had 4 job interviews since i went sly and as SOON as i walked in i got a weird look from every interviewer. it had nothing to do with my clothing or anything else because i was dressed nice. i had a gray dress shirt and tie with dress pants and dress shoes. i was polite, answered honest questions. the whole shibang. and of course.....they kept staring at my head the whole time like they disapproved of it.

its a no win situation for me. its either i grow my hair back (which is badly receding) and go for an interview or else shave my head and go for an interview. both would be looked down upon. Ive actually had the most luck in interviews when i grow my hair long and curly. its frustrating.

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2008, 01:01:09 AM »
Ghost, I wouldn't give up hope just yet.  It may be that the person interviewing you hasn't seen someone your age who shaves his head - though I'm not sure how old you are - keep in mind some people do make snap judgements based on someone's appearance.  I don't care how many laws are in place to prevent discrimination based on looks - it does still exist.  I've been part of interviewing teams where I was part of a panel of managers who selected management trainees and no matter what anyone thinks, looks do play a part in the selection process.  Go in with confidence in your abilities, make sure your resume is updated and neat, and prepare as many questions as possible about your prospective employer to show you've done your homework.  It can be very frustrating but keep at it - you'll find the right job.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2008, 04:35:58 PM »
alright ill def do that next interview. im 20 btw.