Author Topic: Too many SBGs?  (Read 6921 times)

Offline bonanza50

• Sly Jr.
Too many SBGs?
« on: February 03, 2008, 06:52:04 AM »
I went clubbing last night at Charlotte's swankiest cafe/club for the first time as a SBG. There were SBG's everywhere. Gentlemen, the fully shaven style is hugely popular amongst the young hip types.

Maybe I'm telling you something you already know, but I was getting looks from chics that otherwise would not give me the time of day. Including some double-takes.

It's true what they say when you go sly. Your fiends and family freak-out, but strangers are completely cool with the look.

I just hope that too many men don't cotton on, and it become passe' like the circle-beard.

Blair

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Too many SBGs?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 08:29:56 AM »

I was getting looks from chics that otherwise would not give me the time of day. Including some double-takes

Cool phenomena, huh?

....I just hope that too many men don't cotton on, and it become passe'.

It will most likely lose it's "edge" and uniqueness.  But that certainly doesn't mean it will revert to a negative stigma.  The hideous comb-over, plugs, drugs & rugs should fade away.  Forward thinking businessmen and women in the "coverup" biz should re-think their business futures, IMHO.

Offline Beef

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 10:11:12 PM »
[quote

It's true what they say when you go sly. Your fiends and family freak-out, but strangers are completely cool with the look.

[/quote]

That is the truth...My family really doesnt like it but it seems everyone else does...

I also know what you mean about fads...I hate fads and trends, and it does seem that a lot of people are shaving the head...but oh well...what are you going to do?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 10:21:08 PM »
I do often see a lot of Sly guys in the world, mostly when I travel or go out to events with a lot of people.  I don't think I can say there are too many as I'm glad that they would choose that route versus one of the others.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 10:24:26 PM »
See, I dig it to a point...i love that not only MPB dudes are doing it or "have to"...

it just shows that it can be very hip and very cool...

but I'm happy to say I knew that before the general public did! ;)...

and had the guts to shave my head bald when it wasn't so "easy and accepted"...

I do hope it stays a bit "underground" and edgy though..so I think we've about reached our quota gentlemen...

Lock the the castle down!

StogieStang

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 02:12:11 AM »
I never noticed that many, that is until I was one of them.  They are everywhere.  O0

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 10:09:15 AM »
Yeah: I think that once you've shaved it slick you tend to notice other SBG's more readily. 8)

Offline Rafter

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 03:43:38 PM »
Yeah: I think that once you've shaved it slick you tend to notice other SBG's more readily. 8)
Too many SBG's, no way. That's an inaccurate statement.
I'm the only SLY in my hood and work-place.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 05:05:36 AM »
NAH.....It's like buying a new car..... You never really new there were so many of the model you bought on the road... until you bought one and started noticing what was always there.........

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 10:09:16 AM »
I think it is one of those things that some experiment with and some stick with. There will always be the pool of those that stick with it and a revolving door of those that do it for a trendy spell.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 10:26:13 AM »
There are all kinds of them in the Gay community, I am always around someone else who is sly.

I am in Honolulu for a couple of months, and there seem to be a lot more sly guys here than I ever noticed before!

Aloha
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 10:59:26 AM »

I am in Honolulu for a couple of months, and there seem to be a lot more sly guys here than I ever noticed before!

Yeah, if you have ever gotten off the plane in more than shorts and a tee shirt, it is apparent right away why the shaved head is popular.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Farouq

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 09:17:30 AM »
the more the better i think, so we slys blend and fit nicely in our societies and no one thinks we are crazy, thugs or extremers!
sly look going out of date sooner or later doesnt concern me, and i can't do much about it. it will always remain better and more stylish than growing some hair on the sides only

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 09:28:36 AM »
I've posted on this in another thread, but it does seem to me that the bald look is everywhere. I think it's on the rise of course because of our pop stars and certain celebrities, even due to the increase of ufc popularity.
What will eventually happen is what Marz stated. Soon enough, those who really want to be sly and not just follow the latest trend will be weeded out. In the end, it shows whose really confident in being themselves.

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 11:29:27 AM »
It's still a big enough plunge that not all guys will do it, but cool enough that it's accepted.  Nice place to be. :)