Author Topic: Hello  (Read 10623 times)

Offline Beef

• Sly Jr.
Hello
« on: January 30, 2008, 09:55:18 PM »
 :) Hello from a 380lb bald headed strength athelete...I had a question, in november i had a bad weightlifting accident where 765lbs fell on my face breaking a bunch of stuff in my face, sending a bone into my brain and leaving me blind in one eye...since then things are absolutely great, I feel Blessed to be alive...I dont know if this will be forver but with that accident left a very numb uncomfortable type feeling on the side of my face/head where i shave. Its not that big of a deal, but its an odd feeling...haha...I was wondering if any of you had any tips for shaving this area, are there any razors that are more sensitive then others? I ran an old electric razor over my head and didnt feel anything...sounds silly will all that i have been through with my head to talk about this...lol Should I get a good eletric razor...Any thoughts in general...

Thanks again and God Bless

BALDANDRE

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 10:22:05 PM »
Man.......bro I feel your pain...or do I?!

Wow.

Horrible thing dude, you seem to have a great attitude, good for you!

Sorry not much advice on your question...I'm sure someone here will!

Welcome aboard dude!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 10:27:49 PM »
I quote Andre here.....but really dont have an answer for you either bro.  You are just going to have to be very careful when shaving that area of your head.  Being careless in your situation could lead to many many unwanted gashes in your noggin.  Maybe if  you have a sagnificant other ...they could shave it for you.  Warhawk on here...heck he has to pay his wife 5 bucks a day to shave his cause he is just too damn lazy to do it himself..lol
Good Luck bro..let us know what you end up doing.....be interesting to know ...not that we will need it for future use...cause I dont think there are going to many who come inhere with that type of injury..but you never know.
Welcome to the site by the way...and God Bless
Timmayyyyyyy!

Offline Beef

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 10:32:19 PM »
wow didnt expect to have so many answers already...thanks a lot fellas...my mom hates me shaving my head...and always tries to scare me out of it..lol...saying that with your head injury shaving your head cant be that good for your injury(Even though we all know it has nothing to do with each other...i think the skull is pretty thick, especially mine)  :*))

Thanks again fellas...God Bless

Thank you for the warm welcome...Bearded and Bald!!! ;D

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 03:57:59 AM »
Welcome Beef. Great to have you here and great to hear you are recovering so quickly from such a severe accident.  Not sure that any one razor is more sensitive than the other.   May have been just imagination but to me the Sensor was just that, more sensitive to my touch at least when shaving.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 04:27:43 AM »
Well Beef, All I can say is that I'm happy you are still with us and have a good outlook and attitude in spite of a horrible thing that has happened.

I would try to give the Gillette Fusion a try. This razor is pretty much guaranteed not to cut you and very easy to use. Glad to have you with us.!

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 04:53:15 AM »
Welcome to the family Beef, I'm not sure I can help either, but have you tried the HeadBlade? I just think that with the lack of feeling you would want a razor that gives you the most controll, instead of the awkwardness of useing the standard razor to shave your head with. It's as easy to use as running your hand over your head!

Good luck bro!!
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 05:29:24 AM »
Welcome BEEF!

I'm a HeadBlader and love it. You can purchase them for about $12 or so at WalGreen's or WalMart. You can ti the HeadBlade website to learn more.

Mike
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Beef

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 08:15:49 AM »
Thank you all for the great answers...I had thought about the head blade, but had hurt it didnt get as close as razors...Its not neccesarily that im worried about cutting that area, its just that weird feeling i get when im over that area. Thanks again for all the answers...I appreciate it a lot!  8)

BaldRob

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 12:15:43 PM »
Welcome Beef!

I am sorry to hear about your injury... I hope that the numbness isn't permanent!

On the issue you are having, I would say that any razor would probably be OK, but you should definitely use a mirror when shaving in that area so you can see what you are doing!

I started off shaving with the Mach 3, but switched to Headblade as soon as I found out about it several years ago.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 01:11:05 PM »
Beef, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

X The Hierophant

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 02:11:31 PM »
I am thinking outside of the box here, but have you tried an electric razor?

I have never shaved with one, but if I were in your position I would give it a go.

Best of luck.  O0

Offline Beef

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 05:21:37 PM »
Thanks everyone...I went all out tonight and I got a headblade plus a bunch of blades to go with it...bought the headblade shaving cream and some bald guys lotion for after shave...Do you guys reccomend anything for the shiny look? Will the bald guys lotion do that?
Thanks again

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 05:41:45 PM »
Welcome Beef....

Dude......... DUDE! That is one crazy tale you wrote up there and all I can say is... DUDE!

765lbs!!! (I think that adds up to like, 18 Nicole Ritchie's)

Anyway I am glad you are recovered and are ready to rock the headblade.

The headslick "shiney" should help, but I like the dull look myself so I am always fighting the shine.... although I am sure the shine looks great on you ...

(I dont want to insult a guy that can lift half a VW) :*))
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 06:33:37 PM »
Hey Beef, welcome. Wow, what an accident. Hope all works out for the best.
I'm a HeadBlader also and absolutely love the results. One thing you need to remember is to make sure the back of the blade (the wheels on the "Sport" edition or the little plastic nub on the "Classic) stays in contact with your head. It's already set at the optimum angle for the best shave. If it rises off your dome, you run the risk of serious nicking your head. Also, there's no need to apply additional pressure to the razor. Just run it over your head like if you were using a comb (GASP!). Like Rob said, make sure you use a mirror.

Sorry, I can't help you with the shiny look (prefer a more muted finish...oily skin here). But HeadBlade makes a HeadLube in a Glossy finish. If you can't find it at a store, go to www.headblade.com and order some. It's pretty cheap and if you type in "myspace" in the coupon code, you get 20% off.

Anyway, good luck & welcome!
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.