Author Topic: i was at the UPS STORE...  (Read 7031 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
i was at the UPS STORE...
« on: January 30, 2008, 04:53:28 AM »
hello fellow chrome domes.... i was at the UPS store yesterday & some guy walked in with a very bad looking toupee.  i noticed he kept looking at my shiny dome.  he kinda looked a little embarrassed because i think he sensed that i noticed how bad his rug looked. :-[  thank goodness...i kept my composure and didn't laugh at his rug. O0

so....what do u guys do when u c a bad looking rug?  do u have funny thoughts running thru your heads?  r u laughing inside?  what's your story?

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: i was at the UPS STORE...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 05:00:53 AM »
Hey WARHAWK............. cheers!

I work down the hall from a guy that has had a really bad rug for years. Everybody always joked about it behind his back.

Last July 1st when I went on vacation i shaved my head. When i came back to work I got the "OH MY" comments and stares but really didn't care. Saw the rug guy looking at me in the hall a few times.

About a week later he came back from vacation, no rug, shaved clean as a whistle! I just smiled and nodded as I pased him in the hall. He smiled back and nodded...........

Cool............ O:O
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 05:13:11 AM »
mikekoz....that is one awesome story.  i wonder if that guy will do the same. :-\

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 06:06:08 AM »
Great stories Mike and Warhawk.

This past Saturday, I took my 2 sons to get their haircuts at the local GreatClips.  A guy walks in right behind us that I could tell was a "fencer".  This guys was buzzed down to somewhere betweek a #1 and #1/2.  He came in to get it scrapped down to a #0.  Took all of about 2 minutes.  I leaned over to my wife and told her that I could save that guy $15 and a lot of trouble with a good razor.

The guy kept looking over my way quite a bit on his way out.  I just smiled and gave him the nod.  Hope maybe he'll get the cajones to just do it.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 07:44:05 AM »
do u have funny thoughts running thru your heads?  r u laughing inside?

Actually I kinda cringe in embarrassment for him.....followed by pity.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 08:15:16 AM »
I have a story that happened to a friend of mine ...way before I even thought about shaving my noggin.  This has probably been at least 10 years ago.  But a funny one at that
Friend of mine his name is Larry.  At the time he was probably oh i would say 28 or 29 years old.  Very thin hair..always was, even in school.  Well he went to one of these expensive salon places and got a pretty prices hair piece, the kind where it was woven into his orginal hair.  Well I mean come on...what do you think people are going to say.  You always come to work and you have then hair ..then you take a weeks vacation and you come back and you have this full head of hair.  WE joked with him about it.  I did feel somewhat sorry for him.....it wasnt nice to joke about it...at the time no one was shaving their head...well not like they are today.  He wore it I would say for about 3 days and finally he got tired of all the bad comments.  So here it is a friday night and we are all at a friends house playing cards and drinking.  He sits down at the table and almost immediately someone makes a comment about his "piece".  He gets all pissed off....rips the damn thing off his head...taking some of his hair with it...and slams it in the middle of the table.  His only comment was that was a freakin waste of about $500 bucks.  So from then on..when we would play cards or drinking games...some of the rules was the dealer had to wear the piece.  To this day.....the piece still sits in a box with the cards and stuff at this friends house.  It has sorta became  an icon.  He still hasnt shaved his head bald..not even to this day..but he keeps it down to maybe a #1.  Some may find this story funny and others may not...but I guess you just had to be there to get the full understanding of the story.
Timmayyyyy!

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 10:17:47 AM »
I honestly feel sad when I see someone with a rug. I feel like I have the key to set them free but I don't want to embarrass them or make them feel bad. I just look at it and with every ounce of my being try to give the guy a look that says..

"I know, everyone knows, get rid of that thing man, its terrible."
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 12:05:43 PM »
The other night I was at the airport and this guy had a REALLY BAD wig.  He looked at me, I looked at him and then just gave him that look Marz was talking about.  I actually tried to get a picture of it on my phone, but the zoom wouldn't work so I couldn't do it on the Sly.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 06:06:46 PM »
There's a checker at the grocery store I shop at and he's got this rug on and I swear it's on BACKWARDS sometimes!
I never say anything but he seems like the self concious type, since he's not much older than I am.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 04:23:02 AM »
I honestly feel sad when I see someone with a rug. I feel like I have the key to set them free but I don't want to embarrass them or make them feel bad. I just look at it and with every ounce of my being try to give the guy a look that says..

"I know, everyone knows, get rid of that thing man, its terrible."

Geez Marz, you stole the words straight from my mouth bro.

I have so many times wanted to say to guys with horrible hair pieces "Cmon man,a sharp razor to the dome to set yourself free!!!"

But what can you do eh? Its like you dont know how they will take it if you did say something to them.

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 08:03:39 AM »
When I was in college, one of the friars had a rug. It was so bad, that you could see the plastic woven material under the hair. I felt bad for him ... he was probably in his late 50s, early 60s. I just made sure that I didn't sit behind him in chapel ... it was too distracting counting the holes in his wig.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 08:31:38 AM »
The other night I was at the airport and this guy had a REALLY BAD wig.  He looked at me, I looked at him and then just gave him that look Marz was talking about.  I actually tried to get a picture of it on my phone, but the zoom wouldn't work so I couldn't do it on the Sly.

What do you suppose guys like that are thinking when they see one of us?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 11:14:04 PM »

What do you suppose guys like that are thinking when they see one of us?

I wonder that as well.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 08:10:31 AM »
I think most of them are thinking one of two things:

1) Man that guy has NO hair.... I'm so glad I still have mine. :*))

2) I wish I had the balls to shave my head like that guy because he looks cool........

Mike 8)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 10:30:04 AM »
Yesterday ..Sunday....I went with my wife and two daughters shopping.  Yeah..that was a hoot and a half..but anyways..my youngest daughter decides she needs a hair cut.  So we walk into this beauty shop and there are like 3 women in there ...2 hairstylist and one guy was getting highlights or something...not sure what was going on there...just looked like a lot of trouble.  Anyways this guy was in his late 40's at least...getting highlights???  He just kept looking over my way and when he would notice i seen him looking he would look the other way.  The whole time I was like dude....why...you dont have much hair up there anyways ( from what I could tell) Well just before my daughter got finished up I heard him over there complaining to the hairstylist that it wasnt what he really wanted...blah blah blah...she was trying different stuff to his hair. He still occasionally would look over at me and I would just shrudge my shoulders...like...Dude...a razor wil take care of all that.  Well as we were walking out the door, I could hear him arguing with the hairstylist and then I heard him say..Well I should just shave it all off.  I heard that and my ears perked up....i turned back to look at him and he was giving me one of those dead straight stares....all I did was give him Thumbs Up and walked out the door.  So I dont know if he did it or not.  I should call that place today to find out.