Author Topic: i was at the UPS STORE...  (Read 7035 times)

Offline charlesh1609

• Sly Stylin' Slickster
  • Sly Jr.
Re: i was at the UPS STORE...
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 02:44:03 PM »
What to do when you see the obviously artificially enhanced crown?

Well, I think I'm going to steal one from Yoda.  Remember that scene where he goes "hmm" and s  - l - o - w - l - y and thoughtfully rubs his dome?  Well, I think the public head rub when you know the guy is looking your way is the way to go.  (It's not like we don't walk around rubbing our own heads anyway, right?)  BTW, George Lucas totally STOLE that scene from the lead character in Seven Samurai, Takashi Shimura.

Takashi Shimura, far left

Of course, if you're out with a lady friend, it's MUCH more effective to have her lovingly rub your dome while the guy is looking on...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 02:51:54 PM by charlesh1609 »
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 07:07:49 PM »

.2 hairstylist and one guy was getting highlights or something...not sure what was going on there...just looked like a lot of trouble.  Anyways this guy was in his late 40's at least...getting highlights??? 

That's always been a pet peeve of mine.  I don't think any guy should get  highlights or bleach his hair.  It looks particularly ridiculous on anyone over the age of 23 (as do "bumpers").  Same goes for some of these spiky, over-gelled do's that news anchors tend to sport a lot.  D#tG3t

End of rant.   

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 10:34:19 AM »
Great stories Mike and Warhawk.

This past Saturday, I took my 2 sons to get their haircuts at the local GreatClips.  A guy walks in right behind us that I could tell was a "fencer".  This guys was buzzed down to somewhere betweek a #1 and #1/2.  He came in to get it scrapped down to a #0.  Took all of about 2 minutes.  I leaned over to my wife and told her that I could save that guy $15 and a lot of trouble with a good razor.

The guy kept looking over my way quite a bit on his way out.  I just smiled and gave him the nod.  Hope maybe he'll get the cajones to just do it.

Yea I know quite a bit of dudes like this. They will take it down to a #0 and be fine with that but cant get the stones to razor it! Its not that much different but it is soo much better
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline Spleener

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 07:42:58 AM »
To me, a bad rug is like a road accident. It's impossible not to look.

The last place I worked, our chief engineer had a toupe that looked like roadkill. It was hideous. After a couple years, he got a new one, which if anything was even more blindingly, fakely awful. I think he noticed my buddy and I staring at him. My friend had just dyed his hair from black to blonde, and the engineer said, "If you can change your hair, so can I." We'd always assumed he didn't know how bad his rug was, but I guess he actually did know. He worked outside a lot in SW Michigan (extreme heat and humidity in the summer, very cold in the winter) and his car didn't have air conditioning...I really don't know how he could stand it. He'd give his toupe a little tug to adjust it when he thought nobody was looking...I don't know why, but that always kind of creeped me out. I guess it was a reminder that real hair wouldn't move like that.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 07:50:33 AM by Spleener »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com" target="blank"> [img width= height=]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080210/sampa9ce80c0d1455181.jpg[/img] [/url]

Enter your email address: