Author Topic: A question for the ladies on here  (Read 12980 times)

Bald_freak

A question for the ladies on here
« on: January 25, 2008, 06:26:54 PM »
The short time that I've been with my wife(4 years) is the only time in my life that I've been truly happy. we get along great and rarely fight or argue. Only twice that I can think of. But, this last 2 and a 1/2 weeks has been pure hell for me and I'm still reeling from it. Over night total personality change. wanted absolutely nothing to do with me, and even kicked me outta the house once. Here's the thing, the last two arguements I knew what the issue was. The first one I screwed up. The second time she did. Here's my question: She has never really been too bad with PMS. She gets a 2 day migriane and wants to sleep alot. No big deal. She doesn't usually lash out or get bitchy. After the Deluge of confusion that had me thinking that my sanity,happyness, and marriage were over, she just walks up to me and says she is sorry and that she loves me. No explanation as to WTF has been wrong with her for the last 20 days or so. The only thing I can figure is this. She stopped taking her birth control a month ago because her script ran out and she hasn't had the time off from work to go to her Gyno to get it renewed. Could abruptly stopping those pills cause that drastic of a mood swing? I'm talking total Jekle and Hyde like change.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
Re: A question for the ladies on here
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 07:45:59 PM »
Yeah dude, horomones will do that.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 08:51:45 PM »
While I'm only an amateur gynecologist, I would agree that the sudden stoppage of BC is what done it.  But my wife is like that pretty much all the time, so what do I know???

Offline Jdogs Better Half

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 09:32:01 PM »
Very likely that the sudden change in hormones from going off the pill would cause your Mrs to go a bit mental. Speaking from experience I changed to one that the hormone levels didn't suit me and I was a psycho bitc* for reals it made me really pissed off and have a super short fuse about everything, once I changed it was all fine - even my Mum noticed and was telling me that there is something wrong with the pill I was on.

Chinese medicine would sort her out quick smart - and all naturally!

Good luck, if she doesn't go back on the pill give her some time - it should even out a little bit.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 10:42:54 PM »
Being one that has been married for 15 years...you are going to go thru alot.  My wife expirenced that type of mood swing...maybe not as severe as yours has...but its all about the hormones.  Its just how the old saying goes..and the ladies will probably agree wiht me here...YOu will never totally understand teh female...and they will never understand us. Its just how the world goes aroudn bro...but trust me on this....hang in there ...and it will pass.  Life is like a roller coaster...but lets just hope most of those ups and downs...will be between the sheets! LOL

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
....hang in there ...and it will pass.  Life is like a roller coaster...but lets just hope most of those ups and downs...will be between the sheets! LOL
that's what i'm talking 'bout. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 11:29:53 PM »
Freak, I was just going to ask if your wife was pregnant.  The reason being is that my wife had about a 2 week episode like that when she was pregnant.  I couldn't do ANYTHING right!  I couldn't sleep in the same bed or get close to her because I stank, even if I just got out of the shower.  It was the weirdest thing ever.  Like your wife, she just said sorry and moved on. 

I'm guessing it's hormones also.  Hopefully it's from the birth control if you aren't planning on having a baby.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 07:31:51 AM »
...my wife had about a 2 week episode like that ....  I couldn't do ANYTHING right!  

I'm guessing it's hormones also.  Hopefully it's from the birth control if you aren't planning on having a baby.

Only two weeks? Consider yourself lucky.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Bald_freak

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 03:40:44 PM »
Things are a little better, but she still ain't acting quite right. To answer Ty's question: No more little freaks in our future. Her first pregnancy almost killed her, so Weren't not going to risk that again. I'd rather have one child with my wife than 2 kids and no wife.
Thanks for the imput guys and thanks to Jdogs wife, that puts things into perspective alittle. I knew that BC can affect a gals hormones, I just didn't realize it could be to that degree. Hopefully that's all it is/ was.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 09:44:43 PM »
Yes, any meds affecting hormones -- going on or off or adjustments on dosages can really cause significant mood swings.  Don't be too afraid to talk to her about what you're seeing and how you wonder if it has something to do with her coming off the medication.  It's much easier being a guy.  By the way, Tyler, everything IS your fault; I thought you would have figured that out by now.  It's in that marriage book that you're not given until after the honeymoon.  I think it's in the chapter after the one entitled, 'Yes Dear, Whatever You Say Dear.'   ;D
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 09:48:08 PM »

By the way, Tyler, everything IS your fault; I thought you would have figured that out by now.  It's in that marriage book that you're not given until after the honeymoon.  I think it's in the chapter after the one entitled, 'Yes Dear, Whatever You Say Dear.'   ;D

Sounds like something that's buried in the fine print -- sort of like a cell phone contract where you have no idea until it's too late that if you call the customer service line for any reason at all, it will result in them restarting your two-year contract and any attempt on your part to get out of it will result in a hefty penalty.   :-\

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 02:38:40 AM »
Schro - Yeah, from what I heard I was lucky that it was only 2 weeks.

Stu - I read that chapter, but I try to forget about it hoping that if I do so it doesn't really exist.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

GASlick

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 06:37:05 AM »
The pills can DEFINITELY affect mood and personality.  The best thing to do is be patient and above all else, stay calm.  Don't respond to anger with anger, it's like gas on a fire.

Bald_freak

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »
Update: and it's not a good one. My wife told me today that we're through and she wants either me or her parents to take care of our son. My life has gone to sh*t, and she won't even give me a reason why. I love her so much and this is totally coming outta left field. This is definately the lowest I've ever felt in my life. If I have to move out I might not be on here for a while( PC account is in here name), but until then I'll keep my bald extended family up to date. I've been through worse, but this hurts so so much more. I greatly appreciate everyone's sincere advice.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 06:03:02 PM »
Dan, Both you and your wife are in my prayers.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Enter your email address: