Author Topic: ADVANTAGE: You meet some great friends!  (Read 11055 times)

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
ADVANTAGE: You meet some great friends!
« on: January 12, 2008, 09:18:41 PM »
Just wanted to say that one of the best things about being a SBG and being part of this great community is that you meet some great friends!  I've communicated with a number of you personally and it's been great to have another avenue to meet people with similar interests (our SLYNESS!). 

Got the opportunity to meet up with my buddy TimmJ tonight!  He came to the River City (Louisville KY) for a work convention and we were able to have a steak dinner and gossip about you guys  :*))  Just kidding LOL! 

Seriously though, glad I was able to meet Tim and hopefully I'll get to meet more of my SlyBaldGuys buddies soon!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: ADVANTAGE: You meet some great friends!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 10:05:13 PM »
that is awesome!!! O:O O:O O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 11:27:26 PM »
Very cool! Yea it is pretty awesome when "cyber" becomes real...

I've meet two real cool dudes in real life from headshavin'...one on this board, ***sticks***

and one from HSC, Dominic, who I remain real good friends with on the outside...

very cool...

but to bad it had to be Timmy...just kiddin'!  ;)

Offline SlickEric

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 12:00:49 AM »
Very cool! Yea it is pretty awesome when "cyber" becomes real...

I've meet two real cool dudes in real life from headshavin'...one on this board, ***sticks***and one from HSC, Dominic, who I remain real good friends with on the outside...

very cool

but too bad it had to be Timmy...just kiddin'!  ;)
I think we need to look at this meet and greet from Tim's perspective!
Too bad it had to be Scott  :x!

BA, so is Dom still scrapin' his 'noggin bald?

Offline theebaldguy

• Sly Penguin
  • Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 01:41:49 AM »
That's great to hear!

I'm guessing that TimmJ didn't wear his red & white Daisy Dukes, or you'd be too traumatized to post. :D

Got the opportunity to meet up with my buddy TimmJ tonight!  He came to the River City (Louisville KY) for a work convention and we were able to have a steak dinner and gossip about you guys  :*))  Just kidding LOL! 
Just say no to rugs!

Offline SlySurfer

• aka Mighty Anthony
  • Sly
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 01:59:17 AM »
That's great to hear!

I'm guessing that TimmJ didn't wear his red & white Daisy Dukes, or you'd be too traumatized to post. :D
Word up Sly bros,
 Cease and desist from this very un-Sly persecution.
Enough is enough.
 It's just NOT funny anymore.  >:(

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 05:54:42 AM »
Very cool, Scott.   And a great pic....
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 06:51:50 AM »
That is really great that two more sly brothers got to link up in the real world, Scott.   Glad you two had a good time.  And gotta agree with Rick, that IS a great pic
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

BaldRob

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 08:55:13 AM »
That is awesome!

I've had the priviledge of meeting up with Paulie, Paul, Schro, and Tyler... Also Arnie, but I've knew him in the Navy and convinced him to shave what was left of his hair.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 10:47:02 AM »

BA, so is Dom still scrapin' his 'noggin bald?

Yup...I think shaving his head smooth has been a great experience for him...very liberating and what he needed at the time in his life.

he's a real cool guy and wears the skinned dome well! O0

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 02:32:51 PM »
Hey all its Sunday the DAY AFTER I MET UP WITH SCOTT!....What an experience....i really dont know where to begin.  First of all...once I got freed up from my convention I gave Scott a call told him I was on my way and needed directions.  It was totally like working a craze maze to get to his house.  After about 3 hours of driving around in circles I found it....Thats right...I called his place and IT.  Imagine Kentucky OK..just for one moment.  I found it......stacked up on blocks, hillside..right next to the Jiffy Lube.  First I thought...ehhh ..dont knock it...at least he has his own place.  Park my truck, get out ..knock on door.  Door falls INTO THE HOUSE.  THere stands Scott...much to my surprise in his bathrob and CURLERS!  IM like SCOTT!....WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ON YOUR HEAD?!  He told me the was fixing Ol lady Crabtree's wig while she was getting a quicky lube next door.  I was like OH ....OK!  HEY its me TIMMJ....He was like HEY TIMMJ...comes running to the door excitedly....I was like whoa whoa buddy calm down the place is tipping...( remember..its on blocks)  anways...Scott says let me do a quick change.  Im like yes definitely...cause I dont want to be seen outdoors wiht you in curlers.  We decide to go eat out somewhere and Scott was driving.  We both decided we wanted steak, so off we ventured to the restaurant of Scotts choice.  Although I didnt realize I would be riding in the basket on the back of a three wheel bicycle, then again..hey at least he doesnt have to worry about gas money.  And maybe..just maybe we will go somewhere really nice being that he is saving money on gas.  So i just sit there and enjoy the scenery of cars passing us at 70 mph....good thing it wasnt raining...would have hated to get splashed by passing cars.  Scott announces we are almost to the destination and points ahead.  Sorry Scott....if my eyes about popped outta my head....but what do I see??  A big sign that says Try our new STEAK Burrito....Taco Bell.  Im like we are going there???  He was like yeah....you said you wanted Steak didnt you...and they have steak...right ?  I said yulp I guess so......speed it up Scotty...im hungry.  I was pleased to here Scott said the meal was on him.  We go to the counter he orders 2 steak burritos and water....and whips out his discount card that entitled him to a buy one get one free deal.  I thought wow ..this dude must be loaded with all the money he had been saving.  We sit down and the whole restaurant is just in an uproar.  I had to keep reminding myself ...W-E  a-r-e in K-e-n-t-u-c-k-y!  One chick was fighing this other chick because she caught her looking at her bf's ( even though i think it was her brother)  big stuffed burrito, Uncle Jed over there was bitching about his nachos...that he thought the cheese sauce should have been on the nachos and not in a little cup.....and the line and the crowd at the door.  Man it like people rushing into the Walmart on a buy one get on free sale or something...i was like Scott...man....We gotta get outta here.  So away we went....riding off into the sunset......two sly buddies...out enjoying a Saturday Evening..................................
LOL....
No really, I had a great time meeting up with Scott.  It was a wonderful meal, that we both had discovered it doesnt take much to fill ones belly up anymore. I cant believe we even left two hotrolls out of 4 sitting on the table....those are my weakness..especially with that cinnamon honey butter.  It is just really weird to actually make the internet become Real....I told Scott I was sorta nervous about meeting up with him ..and he admitted he sorta was the same way. Scott has a great personality and I would like to meet up with him again some day.  Had a Great time and the Restaurant was awesome.  Reminds Scott....glad we got there when we did....the part in the story about the crowd at the buy one get on free deal....well that was about what it was liek tryin to leave the steakhouse.  I was even yanked on by a lady telling me to get my ass over here and outta the way....she thought I was her husband...I was like NO Ma'am  All i wanna do is get outta here....lol. 
If anyone has the chance to meet up wiht a fellow sly bro from here...please do....cause it is rewarding.  In this case it was great.  I wish Scott lots of luck on his schooling and maybe one day his boss will realize he is over working him and will lighten his work load.  Thanks for the Meet Scott...one to remember.
AND NO I DIDNT WEAR MY RED AND WHITES......at least to where anyone couldnt see them. LOL
Timmj

Offline Rafter

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 03:05:24 PM »
Hey all its Sunday the DAY AFTER I MET UP WITH SCOTT!....What an experience
  After about 3 hours of driving around in circles I found it....Thats right...I called his place andfound it......stacked up on blocks, hillside..right next to the Jiffy Lube. 
"Right' next to the Jiffy Lube? That's some small house. More like an out house!!
Glad you got to meet and eat!
 Very cool.  O0

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 03:17:19 PM »
Great to hear you guys had a good time.

You guys went to Texas Roadhouse didnt you?

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 06:16:13 PM »
Jdog...how did you guess???

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 07:16:03 PM »
Jdog...how did you guess???

especially with that cinnamon honey butter

Only place I know that serves their rolls with cinammon honey butter is Texas Roadhouse.

Man I love that place. Whenever I come back stateside, I eat there 2-3 times a week. My parents have been going every Saturday since the restaraunt opened in Toledo back in 2000.