Author Topic: Robmeister's Fitness Goal  (Read 58629 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Robmeister's Fitness Goal
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2007, 08:17:58 PM »
Thanks, guys!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »
PRAISE BE....MAKE THAT 249 LBS, BY JOVE!!!

11 LBS TO GO !!!  ;D

***S-N-I-F-F-F-F****  AHHHH....I CAN SMELL THE HEADLUBE ALREADY!!!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 10:22:54 AM by Robmeister »

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2007, 10:35:41 AM »
Keep it up Rob!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2007, 10:37:21 AM »
Way to go Rob, keep it up!! Or should we say, "Get Down"?

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2007, 11:25:16 PM »
did you ever reach your goal?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2007, 11:27:18 PM »
did you ever reach your goal?

Well, did you?  5t*mp
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2007, 08:57:53 AM »
Ok...once again, kudos to Tyler for lighting the fire under my caboose!!

It's my second day on Nutrisystem and today will be my first day back to the gym since the end of August.  Weighed in yesterday at 253.  On my 45th Birthday (April 9) I'd like to be 40 lbs lighter (213).

When I get down to 238 I shave the plate!!!  This is in fulfillment of a deal my wife and I made. 

We have friends and family coming into town to go skiing in February and March.  So this will be a good impetus to stay on track.  Being diligent I should be able to lose 20 lbs for the February group....and another 10 or so for the March group.  Now, diligent for me apart from the obvious eating and workout requirements is staying away from something I love very much---BEER and various other adult beverages.  I'm a good ol' Irishman....and it's very social and recreational for me.  But it is my way of drawing a line in the sand and saying, "Man, what is more important for the next 4 months?" 

Guess that's it for now.
Hey dude, does Nutrisystem really work? I need to loose some weight too!! I'v tried all kinds of diets with no success, I can't afford a gym membership right now, and when I could I was always on the road, so I had no time to go anyway. I wish that the big truck stop chains would add a gym to their facility and you could buy a membership, that you could use at any of their truck stops. If you or anyone else could offer some advise it would be greatly apreciated. thanks.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2007, 09:11:13 AM »
Hey dude, does Nutrisystem really work? I need to loose some weight too!! I'v tried all kinds of diets with no success, I can't afford a gym membership right now, and when I could I was always on the road, so I had no time to go anyway. I wish that the big truck stop chains would add a gym to their facility and you could buy a membership, that you could use at any of their truck stops. If you or anyone else could offer some advise it would be greatly apreciated. thanks.

I am surprised with Nutrisystem...as it is an OLD name in dieting...like Jenny Craig & Weight Watchers.  But they have come to the cutting edge of reality and practicality.

I think Nutrisystem would be great for the road, good buddy.  >:D

The stuff doesn't need to be refridgerated.  Just need either boiling water or a microwave.  And it's not a carrot and celery stick and rice cake type thing.  The portions are pretty small but everything is fortified with soy protein and allows for a fair amount of fat.   fat + protein = FILLING.

For instance...the dessert cookies and chocolates have 9 grams of protein in just them.  And the carbs are very balanced.

check it out at  www.nutrisystem.com

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2007, 09:22:54 AM »

I am surprised with Nutrisystem...as it is an OLD name in dieting...like Jenny Craig & Weight Watchers.  But they have come to the cutting edge of reality and practicality.

I think Nutrisystem would be great for the road, good buddy.  >:D

The stuff doesn't need to be refridgerated.  Just need either boiling water or a microwave.  And it's not a carrot and celery stick and rice cake type thing.  The portions are pretty small but everything is fortified with soy protein and allows for a fair amount of fat.   fat + protein = FILLING.

For instance...the dessert cookies and chocolates have 9 grams of protein in just them.  And the carbs are very balanced.

check it out at  www.nutrisystem.com

Thanks for the info, byt lay off the good buddy thing!! :Xo! :Xo!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2007, 09:26:17 AM »
Thanks for the info, byt lay off the good buddy thing!! :Xo! :Xo!

Understood now.... :-X

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2007, 09:40:01 AM »
Just don't call me a good buddy, but you can call Dave ( Drakare ) a good budd all you want. :*)) ;D

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2007, 06:32:56 PM »
Ok...it's been a while since visiting the ol' fitness plan....

Today my wife and I did a spinning class (stationary cycling)...

It was BRUTAL...and great HEAVY music (Cinderella, AC/DC, Guns & Roses, Motley Crue)...

Think I'm gonna try doing that 3 times a week and then add in weight training somehow.

I'm glad I'm still not waiting to lose the 15lbs in order to shave the bean....I have lost 6 lbs.

I do love being one of the few bald dudes at the gym......feel like I'm accountable to lift more weight. W3!ght !i#t

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2007, 07:54:10 PM »
Good job, Rob!  Remember becoming out of shape didn't happen overnight in one gaint step, so be patient in getting back into shape.  O0  It happens one step at a time
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2007, 06:54:21 AM »
Ok...haven't been able to hit a groove with my plan above of 2/16.

But that's still the plan as far as getting exercise.

The funny thing is....I've been eating (and drinking) anything that comes to mind, whenever it comes to mind since 2/16....and I've actually lost a couple pounds. :/O :D

So I'm at 247....9lbs away from my original fitness goal to shave the noggin...having lost 6 lbs (without really trying).

But I'm gonna try a new program that has only been around a couple years.  It's about healthy cleansing strategies that keep the gastrointestinal, lymphatic, etc... systems flushed and clean of toxins through natural/herbal treatments.

Apparently, when your body releases toxins, it metabolizes fat more readily.

You may have heard of it...IsoGenix.  It's been getting great press and great endorsements from top homeopathic medical professionals.

http://www.nblackmore.isagenix.com/

It's sold only through independent distributors. 

If I pay the $35.00 fee to become a distributor, I get a big discount on the products.

Anyway, gonna give it a go...and if it works as advertised, I'll be a walking billboard and might promote the stuff as a distributor (little side stream of income).

I'll keep you posted....I'd really like to lose 40 lbs, man.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 06:29:47 PM by Robmeister »

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2007, 10:51:54 PM »
Rob,

Keep up the good work, no matter what you do.  But one thing I am wondering with the different diets is how much long term success there is.  From what I know, the most successful way to lose weight is to make a lifestyle change.  I'm sure you know that.  Here's an example.  On Friday, a sales rep who sells to the carpet store that I work at bought us all lunch of greasy fast food from a independent burger place.  I had some really good fish and chips.  I am glad that I had that.  But I also made sure that the next morning I went to the gym and packed a healthy lunch the next day.  Despite having this fried food, I have still lost weight.  I just know I can't eat like that every day.  So maybe an occasional beer might not be too bad if occasional is not daily!