Author Topic: Robmeister's Fitness Goal  (Read 58630 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Robmeister's Fitness Goal
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2008, 04:30:02 PM »
What kind of diet does this program involve?  The website doesn't really say, or if it does, I couldn't find it.  I think I'm already doing most of the exercises required.  But one of my goals for the new year is to try and modify my diet so I can shed a few pounds of body fat.

They have a "wizard" that, based on inputs (age, weight, waist, etc...) it recommends a senible mix of carbs, protein, fats and caloric level.  It's pretty dang handy because you then plug into the meal tracker and it tracks it all for you.  You can design your own meals or follow their recommendations.  I just design my own with what we normally have in the house.   

Unless your doing the actual P90 / P90X workouts chances are that yer not doing what they do.   Not that what your doing is wrong.   But I've been working out off and on in different ways and for different time spans for 30 years.  And I've NEVER done stuff like this.  He (Tony Horton) does utilize some basic moves and exercises, but MAN--especially in P90X--he has ya doin' stuff that is downright BRUTAL.

P90X's thing is Muscle Confusion....never allowing your muscles to settle into a routine by utilizing combinations of Pilates, Power Yoga, Plyometrics, weights, body-weight stuff that indeed hit all the major (and minor) muscle groups but in an ever changing, change-up way that DOUBLES the shredding capabilities.

INTENSE STUFF.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 07:43:50 AM by Robmeister »

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #151 on: December 04, 2008, 03:19:54 PM »

Day #1 - 11/3/08

Weight: 247
Waist: 43"
BF%: 26%

Resting HR: 84 = PRETTY BAD (1 on scale of 1-7 [7=Best])
Blood Pressure: 154/94
Cholesterol: 269
Triglycerides: 700 (so high that no hdl/ldl readings are possible)

Diagnosed with Diabetes Type 2 Sept.15, 2008
On meds for High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure and Hyperglycemia (High Blood Sugar)

Update:  Day #30 - Round One - Power 90

Weight: 238 (9 lbs lost)  O0
Waist: 41" (2 inches lost)  O0
BF%: 24% (2% lost)
Resting HR: 70 = 4 on scale of 1-7, 7=Best (improvement of 14 "points")  O0
1-week average BLOOD GLUCOSE: 155 mg/dl (90 to 110 = normal) = improvement of 37 points!!!

[Blood pressure, cholesterol & triglycerides work pending, Dec.29th]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 03:21:32 PM by Robmeister »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #152 on: December 04, 2008, 07:18:23 PM »

Day #1 - 11/3/08

Weight: 247
Waist: 43"
BF%: 26%

Resting HR: 84 = PRETTY BAD (1 on scale of 1-7 [7=Best])
Blood Pressure: 154/94
Cholesterol: 269
Triglycerides: 700 (so high that no hdl/ldl readings are possible)

Diagnosed with Diabetes Type 2 Sept.15, 2008
On meds for High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure and Hyperglycemia (High Blood Sugar)

Update:  Day #30 - Round One - Power 90

Weight: 238 (9 lbs lost)  O0
Waist: 41" (2 inches lost)  O0
BF%: 24% (2% lost)
Resting HR: 70 = 4 on scale of 1-7, 7=Best (improvement of 14 "points")  O0
1-week average BLOOD GLUCOSE: 155 mg/dl (90 to 110 = normal) = improvement of 37 points!!!

[Blood pressure, cholesterol & triglycerides work pending, Dec.29th]

Keep up the good work.   O0

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2008, 10:24:38 AM »
Here's another of my Power 90 / P90X accountability partners, ScottyMac.

Again....This sh*t works, man!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2008, 07:47:21 PM »
OK....Day #55 of Power 90 and goin' pretty strong.

Made it through the holidays fairly unscathed.

Missed 3 days of exercise a couple weeks back due to cold/flu (I don't believe in working out through sickness).

Overall I've maintained workin' out 5.85 times a week!

Been losing inches much more readily than LBS. I've lost 2.5 inches and 3% BF in 54 days of P90. This to me is more significant than the 11 lbs I've lost.

But I'm "BRINGIN' IT" and averaging right around 2,100 calories per day on the nutrition part (higher Protein/Lower Carbs ---- and of course, NO ALCOHOL WHATSOEVER).

Weight: 236 (11 lbs lost)  O0
Waist: 40.5" (2.5 inches lost)  O0
BF%: 23% (3% lost) O0
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 07:52:21 PM by Robmeister »

marty22

« Reply #155 on: December 28, 2008, 06:07:59 AM »
Great job so far! Keep it up.

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2009, 04:25:12 PM »
You are doing really well Robmeister, keep it up!  I am currently dieting and training for a bodybuilding show in Denver on March 21, so I know how you feel! 
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2009, 07:47:12 AM »
Everything is going good except pound droppage.

At Day #75 of P90 I've dropped 14 lbs (that by itself is underwhelming) But inches lost = 3" and my blood work recently came back with GREAT news.

Triglycerides dropped 66%!! Total Cholesterol dropped 36%!! A1C levels dropped 42%!!

I have a bit of a challenge with the weight loss due to my diabetes meds. Some meds will actually cause you to GAIN weight, I switched off that right away. Got on another and while I ain't gaining, I have to really FIGHT HARD for every ounce, man. So the 3-5 lbs a week just ain't gonna happen. I'll settle for 1.5 to 2 lbs per week.

But other than that I can really see the sculpting coming through.....the "P90X" factor should really take me to a new level now that I'm familiar with how Tony Horton works and am familiar with some of the basic moves.

So everything has dropped pretty nicely except poundage. Which--wouldn't y'all agree--is the LEAST significant factor when compared to the others?  And my energy has gone throught friggen ROOF man, I'm workin' 12 & 13 hour days - with no problem at all AND crankin' my involvement with the Fam and cub scouts.

So after 75 days of Power 90, I can't stand it any longer....I'm moving on to P90X!!! (so I effectively conquered "Power 75" as a foundation to start hangin' with the BIG BOYS).  With all the results I'm seein' with my cronies over at P90X.com, I'm just too damn impatient and ordered "X" last night to get movin into the X factor.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 07:51:14 AM by Robmeister »

Offline coonbilly

• Thickness
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2009, 10:34:07 AM »

Hey, I am new to the sight and was just reading ur fitness Goal the progress u have made is awesome. I am also diabetic (type 2) and like most of us near 40 I could loose afew punds, I had to take a short break from the gym for a couple of months but I am back in the swing of things now. Congrats on all ur blood work HEALTH NOT LOOKS IS THE KEY. Keep up the good work. !i#t !i#t
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 10:37:33 AM by Robmeister »
If you always do what you always done, You always get what you always got

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #159 on: January 30, 2009, 10:38:19 AM »

Hey, I am new to the sight and was just reading ur fitness Goal the progress u have made is awesome. I am also diabetic (type 2) and like most of us near 40 I could loose afew punds, I had to take a short break from the gym for a couple of months but I am back in the swing of things now. Congrats on all ur blood work HEALTH NOT LOOKS IS THE KEY. Keep up the good work. !i#t !i#t

Tanks, Brudda!!!

And Welcome to SBG!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2009, 11:15:25 AM »
hey robbie:  glad 2 know that your blood work improved. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2009, 07:45:52 PM »
I don't think a 14 pound weight loss in a little more than two months is underwhelming at all.  It's right in line with the recommended 2-3 pound loss per week.  You're just feeling impatient because you want the weight gone, which is understandable.  But don't be so hard on yourself.  Meds aside, it isn't easy to lose weight once you reach that "certain age".   Remember that weight that is lost slowly is more likely to be kept off in the long term.

Excellent news on the other stats.  Congratluations and keep up the good work.