Author Topic: Outfits  (Read 5887 times)

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
Outfits
« on: December 18, 2007, 02:33:56 AM »
Iam thinking of strating dating soon, i need an idea for dress oufits, i have a casual oufit which i wear a nice collared shirt, jeans and cowboy boots, for relaxed outfit i wear usually a tee shirt shirts and birkenstocks, whenever i travel i wear sneakers but only when iam on vacation, the rest of the time is either birkenstocks or cowboy boots those are the only two types of shoes i like to wear, any ideas for outfits that would match the scandels or the boots

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Outfits
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 01:10:55 PM »
you could just move to a nudist colony.!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 02:28:53 PM »
FCB....im going to the post office after work....gonna over night you my Red and Whites.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 02:53:23 PM »
you could just move to a nudist colony.!

hahaha!!! good answer!  :px
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 03:18:18 PM »
I would suggest going out and not thinking in terms of "outfits" but different clothes that will go together.

2 or 3 shirts that go with each pair of pants etc.

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 05:23:46 PM »
sh*t, my aloha shirts go with anything......then again, they really don't go with anything either.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline GaugedFreak

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 08:03:58 AM »
I usually just wear a western style shirt with jeans and cowboy boots.

Similar to this style, untucked.

(This isn't me.. ;D )
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 08:05:51 AM by GaugedFreak »

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 06:16:17 PM »
Most of my clothes are black ... with a little white.

I'm probably not the right source for fashion information, tho!

:-)
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline PORKY

• Super Sly
    • http://mypage.com/PORKMIEZTER
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 03:03:11 AM »
UPS is here now pickin up MOMZ red heels  :px  but shes not TOOO HAPPY :Xo!
I'm a BIG cigar smokin,bike ridin,truck muddin,bald headed ,long bearded,tattoo'd, no sh*t takin, Southern bred, Tequila drinkin SUMANA BYTCH

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 04:35:28 AM »
Padre, sounds as if your fashion sense is A okay. You can never go wrong with all Black, a little white thrown in for good measure. Amen brother!

BaldRob

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 07:31:12 AM »
Men should stay away from all the latest trends!  It's pretty funny going out to a club or a bar and seeing one or two guys that are wearing everything that is hot right now...  You've got to find out what is right for you and what you're comfortable in as well.

Shirts - get what you like:  short sleeves, long sleeves, but if you're getting back into the dating scene, stay away from the t-shirts.  When picking out shirts, get ones that either accentuate your best assests while hiding any "flaws".

Colors - Once again, get what you like, but you can't go wrong with the basics:  Black, white, blue, green, red.  Personally, I stay away from bold colored stripes (because everyone wears them) and go for subdued patterens on my shirts, i.e., a black stripe on a black shirt.

Where to buy - Now, this can be tricky... I've boughten shirts everywhere from Target to Old Navy to Nordstroms.  Some are casual types, some are "stylishly" casual. 

If you've got a woman friend or relative that will be totally honest with you, take her shopping with you and get her opinion about what you are trying on.  Don't go by just her words though, look at her expression and eyes when you come out of the dressing room.

Here's a trick that has been mentioned before around here... go to a Macy's or Nordstrom and start looking around the Men's department.  Find a few shirts that you like the look and feel of and try them on.  Ask the fitting room girl or sales attendant for their opinion...  Once again, go by the non-verbal clues rather than words!  And this is also a great time to strike up a conversation with the young lady!

Get some good jeans...  find a couple styles that you like and look good on you and stick with them.  You can never go wrong with Levis!

While nothing against the 'stocks and boots.... go get yourself a pair of good black "all around" shoes.  Something stylish, but comfortable.  Pair them up with a good black belt.

Couple of tips:

Never tuck your shirts in, unless you are wearing business attire.  Long or short sleeved collared shirts (button up or polos) look just plain weird when tucked into jeans.

Wear socks that are the same shade as your shoes... no brown or white socks with black shoes!

Shop after the season for shirts... get your short sleeves in the early fall and your long sleeves in the early spring.  Usually, they'll be on clearance as the stores are looking to clear out for the new season.  Also, unless you have an undying need to be up on the latest fashions for the current year, clearance racks are a great place to get shirts.  They may not be next years trend, but they will still look good!

Check out www.askmen.com.  They have a lot of great tips about not only fashion, but other things as well.  Other websites are www.gq.com or check out any mens magazine, like mens fitness, mens health, maxim, etc.  They typically have articles and ads with fashion advice.

Good Luck!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 02:48:40 PM »
Rob has some great suggestions!

fcb, do you have a chick that you could go shopping with that could help you pick out some clothes?

If so, you could offer her lunch to tag along at the mall with you to give you the thumbs up or thumbs down on some clothes that you think you should buy.  Even when I was single I'd always ask a girl friend to go shopping with me to get an idea of what is good to wear. 

Like Rob said, I always tried to go with "timeless" clothes.  Nice jean, but not trendy jeans.  Nice slacks, but not trendy.  Nice single color or vertical striped shirts that were nice, but not trendy.  For me, I always bought white, black, and blue shirts.  Mostly because these shirts could be matched with jeans or any color of slacks that I bought.  The black shoes Rob mentioned will always match any jeans or slacks you wear as well.  Companies like Skechers and Steve Madden make some nice casual dress shoes for around $40.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 03:28:23 PM »

Never tuck your shirts in, unless you are wearing business attire.  Long or short sleeved collared shirts (button up or polos) look just plain weird when tucked into jeans.

I pretty much agree with everything BaldRob posted, but I do have a question about the quote above.  Is this a hard and fast rule?  I really try not to tuck shirts in, but some of us are, um .... a little vertically challenged and it's hard to find shirts whose tails aren't really long and look silly untucked.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 05:34:42 PM »

I pretty much agree with everything BaldRob posted, but I do have a question about the quote above.  Is this a hard and fast rule?  I really try not to tuck shirts in, but some of us are, um .... a little vertically challenged and it's hard to find shirts whose tails aren't really long and look silly untucked.

I think unless you're in a business situation, it's a pretty hard and fast rule.  Though, if you're buying shirts to wear in casual situations, you should be able to find some that aren't as long as the business shirts that are made to tuck in.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 09:57:07 PM »

I think unless you're in a business situation, it's a pretty hard and fast rule.  Though, if you're buying shirts to wear in casual situations, you should be able to find some that aren't as long as the business shirts that are made to tuck in.

Easier said than done.