Author Topic: Prescription glasses?  (Read 43614 times)

Offline HotCajun

• Super Sly
    • myspace
Re: Prescription glasses?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 05:52:45 PM »
Blue Man Group training camp!

Hey, this is post 2000 for me!

woohoo!!!!!!!

I officially have no life at all.

So your saying you had one before? hahaha j/k...Congrats!!! Your gonna pass up Tyler soon!  :)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 05:59:38 PM »
Blue Man Group training camp!

Hey, this is post 2000 for me!

woohoo!!!!!!!

I officially have no life at all.

So your saying you had one before? hahaha j/k...Congrats!!! Your gonna pass up Tyler soon!  :)

No, I've pretty much been a nerd my entire existence.   :P :P :P :P :P
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 06:20:44 PM »
I've been wearing glasses for about 20 yrs and like Tyler, have tried to find rims that are as close to invisible as possible. Personally, I think the SLY look is better without glasses, but I have no desire to have Darth Vader stick a light saber in my eyes for lasik. I wear contacts for sports and have no issues with them. Guess I'll just have to let my slyness speak for itself to pull off the glasses + chrome dome look.

Oh on a side note, I'm down to 201 lbs since coming back from Vega$ a month ago (-8 lbs). Granted that was at a high point, but it's still 4 lbs less than what I was at New Year's. I was pretty jazzed when I got on the scale today. Hopefully I can keep it up to reach my goal of 195 by my b-day (one month).

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 06:44:39 PM »
I normally wear contacts and was wondering about my new look with my glasses the other day.  I have the extended wear contacts, so i normally take them out when I shower and put them back in when I get out.  I've left them out the last few nights and although it does make me look different than I'm used to seeing myself, I don't think it looks bad.  I do prefer contacts so that I can wear my "cool" shades, but I don't necessarily think I would go out and get contacts to go with the sly look.  I do recommend trying contacts, just for the sake of trying something new.  That's why I got my first ones and I haven't gone back.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 07:34:10 PM »
I do prefer contacts so that I can wear my "cool" shades...

I'm right with ya there O0

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 07:43:51 PM »
The current picture in my avitar shows me without glasses but normally I wear glasses.  I think I look good with glasses and contacts.  But since I work in a carpet store/warehouse, there are a lot of fibers in the air, so I thought it was better to skip the contacts now.  But I do miss wearing cool shades.  At least I have "Transitions" glasses that turn dark.

jusbnme

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 07:52:03 PM »
I usually wear glasses to watch tv, look at the computer, and read.  I just had to start doing this about 2 years ago because I got changed positions at my last employer that required to stare at a computer screen all day and read tiny little numbers off of drawings.  It effected my eyes so I had to get glasses.  But anyway, my wife thinks they look great on me.  I'm not real big on them.  But they do give me that "intellectual" look.  But I prefer to go without them if I can. 

jusbnme

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 07:55:42 PM »
I have worn glasses since I was 8 years old (that’s 24 years if anyone’s counting). And it's kind of odd, but I found that for years I found my glasses to be a distraction to myself and others. It was something that attracted stuff like "four eyes' and other bullshit teasing. My answer was to find wire rims with the smallest lenses I could find. I wanted to draw attention away from the fact that I wore glasses.

As time wore on and I started performing music at renaissance festivals, glasses became impractical to say the least. So, I switched to contacts full time and had a full head of long curly red/blonde hair. I wore contacts full time for about 2 years and finally got tired of all the hassle that comes along with them.

When I shaved my head for the first time I was wearing an older pair of my glasses. black plastic frames that looked kinda geeky (which makes sense in that I AM in fact a big geek, I have developed into a big scary, geek). But I noticed that with my head shaved and my ears pierced at 0g, the glasses were suddenly a kind of striking addition to my face.

I think that bigger, thicker framed glasses look best with shaved heads. Since then I have worn 3 different pairs of prescription glasses and I always lean toward more ‘eye catching” frames. Now using them as a full time accessory rather than trying to hide them.

I have found that I don’t do much half-assed anymore. I tend to make more bold statements in my clothing and general appearance than many around me do. I have bold tattoos in plain site and have large earrings, I wear UtiliKilts just about every day and have never been more comfortable with myself physically than I am right now (ok, I need to start working out more, but otherwise...). Choosing to shave my head fulltime has definitely been a big part of my personal evolution. I stand out in a crowd and grin at the rest of that crowd as I wade through them every day.

In short, Go bald, go bold!

In case this doesn’t make sense to anybody but me, it’s after 2:30 in the morning....  bear with me.

Vash, good for you bro.  Doing things your way and to make you happy.  Not worrying how others view you.  I think the glasses suit you well bro, as I'm sure the kilts do too.  I like that statement also..."Go bald, go bold."  Right on bro.   O0

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 11:19:36 PM »
I'll be picking out a new pair of prescription glasses in a couple of weeks. I have been wearing them since I was 7 (that would be 48 years ago!), and I'm darn near blind without them.

The last several years, I have been getting glasses that matched my hair, which is/was gray. Now I need to decide what looks good with my sly look!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 03:37:54 PM »
I need glasses for reading so went with the small oval wire framed glasses so as not to detract from my gorgeous dome!   ;D

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 10:18:22 AM »
Think glasses can look great with a bald look. They frame the face really well. I opted for thick black glasses !

Yes, they are prescription glasses. Getting old and need them more and more.

Offline ZerroDefex

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 10:44:21 AM »
Only issue I have is that my glasses where chosen with my hairstyle and color in mind, so without the hair they didn't quite "fit" anymore. I've gotten used to it though, which is good as my glasses are expensive even after insurance so I'm not going to just go out and replace them unless I need to.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 10:56:47 AM »
Only issue I have is that my glasses where chosen with my hairstyle and color in mind, so without the hair they didn't quite "fit" anymore. I've gotten used to it though, which is good as my glasses are expensive even after insurance so I'm not going to just go out and replace them unless I need to.

Have you considered contact lenses ?

Offline ZerroDefex

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 11:57:12 AM »

Have you considered contact lenses ?

Tried it once when I was younger, never will again. I have trouble even putting eyedrops in so trying to put a lens onto my eye was an ordeal and getting it out again is something I never want to repeat.

Besides if I ditch the glasses then I lose my intellectual look.