Author Topic: Acne on head  (Read 16251 times)

Offline DayoftheDAWG86

• Rob
  • Learning the way of Sly
    • My myspace
Acne on head
« on: November 29, 2006, 03:45:27 PM »
Im 23 years old and I have a receding hairline, so I went ahead and shaved off all my hair, I noticed on the back of my head I have patches of acne. since then I have constantly washed the affected areas with what me being a guy, thinks is what i should use (exfoliator, and oil remover and so on) I was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions to get rid of the acne for good, I always wear a hat, so that doesnt help im sure, once i get rid of the acne I will stop wearing hats, its a catch 22... any suggestions would be great   THANK YOU!!

"What about the kick in the groin, everybody under estimates the kick in the groin man if you want to win a street fight thats the first thing to do"   Bas Rutten

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Acne on head
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 04:07:01 PM »
My wife uses a product called Clear.Now acne treatment that works really well.  You can learn more about it and buy it here: http://tandm.wwdb.biz/Choices/Health.aspx?P=71  *note that we own the site that I sent you to.

I would also recommend seeing a dermatologist if it's really bad.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 08:27:55 PM »
The best thing I've done for my head (besides shaving it), was to quit using soap.  It goes against conventional thinking, but after I stopped, the pimples and infected/ingrown hairs also went away.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 08:31:03 PM »
The best thing I've done for my head (besides shaving it), was to quit using soap.  It goes against conventional thinking, but after I stopped, the pimples and infected/ingrown hairs also went away.

Yes!  This is a very good recommendation.  I use a facial cleanser to wash my head.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 09:22:18 PM »
I had a similar problem a couple of months ago -- after shaving for over two years.  I found that exfoliating helped.  I resisted doing it for a while because I thought it would cause more irritation -- and it did make things a little worse in the short run (for the first couple of days).  But after a few days of daily exfoliating, it did get better.  I now exfoliate about once a week and haven't had any more problems. 

There is also a good bump remedy from Male Face that works really well for razor bumps and acne.  You can buy it online at www.maleface.com.

Hope this helps.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 11:05:39 AM »
Actually a great product is Proactive. I used it way before Jessica Simpson did and it works really good if you stick to the program.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 11:09:31 AM »
I noticed that you said you wear hats.

That will cause a lot of acne espically if you put them on right after right after shaving. Give your head time to heal before putting anything on it.

Also, either thow out your old hats or thow them in the wash because hats carry a lot of bacteria that can clog your pours and create acne.

Dr. Noner

p.s. (line dry your hats because they will shrink) (damn you maytag)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 11:38:48 AM »
Thank you for sharing your medical wisdom with us Doc
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 12:04:55 PM »
I've had similar problems (still do, to a lesser extent). Check out my thread:

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=115.0

I'm using Dalacin C cream and it worked well for me. However, you should see what works
best for you. It's best to schedule an appointment with your dermatologist. He'll be able
to determine what kind of treatment you need. It'll save you a lot of time and money (no trial and
error and blowing a lot of money along the way).

Good luck.
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline thugbear

• Sly Guy in Training
    • myspace page
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 02:06:45 PM »
I have the same problem and my scalp is on the oily side *sigh* I just wash it with water no soap or anything like that towel dry it and use one of those exfoliater thingies and I saw a dramtic decrease in acne
when all of your wishes are granted many of your dreams will be destroyed:marilyn manson

http://www.myspace.com/rockrcub

spaceape48

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 07:47:32 PM »
I've seen someone else recogmend taking a fish oil suppliment. It's said to work wonders for you skin, hair, and nails. Never used the stuff myself, but everyone I know said it's well worth the money. They say the cheaper ones are not the way to go though.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 11:56:04 PM »
I don't take fish oil suplements, but I do ingest a lot of omega 3s and 6s with my new eating plan.  It does make your skin much better and I've noticed that my scalp isn't as dry.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 12:41:38 AM »
Im 23 years old and I have a receding hairline, so I went ahead and shaved off all my hair, I noticed on the back of my head I have patches of acne. since then I have constantly washed the affected areas with what me being a guy, thinks is what i should use (exfoliator, and oil remover and so on) I was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions to get rid of the acne for good, I always wear a hat, so that doesnt help im sure, once i get rid of the acne I will stop wearing hats, its a catch 22... any suggestions would be great   THANK YOU!!

Honestly, you are worrying over nothing.   Nobody can see it.    Everyone here including myself has bumps/blemishes on their scalp, but from experience, unless it's at the very front tip of the head, people can't see them.    Plus it makes you different from the rest of us with awesome shaved heads.

And remember, one of the plus sides of being a chromedome is the fact you stand out in a good way.    If I were you, I'd just leave them alone, stop worrying, and be yourself.    But I understand how you feel, I love looking in mirrors now as a beautiful bald guy(I went from an average looking guy to a guy who I feel can get what he wants when he wants, ie C- to a B+ or A in terms of my look) and i'm a perfectionist.   I've seen how good it looks at this angle in this mirror, and I want it always to be that way.   However, that is not necessary and I made a pact with myself to stop stressing over that.
bald for life

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 02:54:00 AM »
In fact you said it's on the back of the head.    That's even less reason to worry,  because seriously how many people look at the back of someone's head.
bald for life

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 06:25:51 AM »
...seriously how many people look at the back of someone's head.

Probably enough that you wouldn't wear a sticky note back there that reads, "Honk if you're horny." ;)